Thread Prefixes To Differentiate EMD/NEMD Threads

Tranced

Bluelight Crew
We now have thread prefixes to help differentiate EMD/NEMD specific threads which would otherwise become cluttered after the sub-forums merged.

If anybody wants to make a NEMD/EMD specific thread, then use the prefix when you create it. If it's your own existing thread you can edit the prefix in yourself, or if there's another thread which you think should have the prefix, just PM a mod with a link to the thread/s and the desired prefix.

If not, no complaining when the clubbers start blundering in and ruining your goth vibe, or vice versa! If so, fire away! =D

Cheers.

Good idea. Can I please have a (Classical) thread prefix in light aqua?

Bump.

Also can we have prefix colours other than black for NEMD/EMD?

I think colours make it easier to distinguish.

Good idea. Can I please have a (Classical) thread prefix in light aqua?

Joke? I honestly can't tell. =D

I did originally include colours; purple and pink, but the pink was so light I could barely see it. Which colours?

You KnoW I nEvER JoKe aBoUT tHeSE thInGs!

I dunno, maybe dark blue = nemd, green = emd, light blue/aqua = classical?

Last edited:
You KnoW I nEvER JoKe aBoUT tHeSE thInGs!

I dunno, maybe dark blue = nemd, green = emd, light blue/aqua = classical?

You honestly want EMD, NEMD & Classical to be the three thread prefixes?! =D8(

Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't classical = NEMD?

The colours aren't as specific as aqua. The options are limited to the normal colours - pink, brown, red, stuff like that. FTR the code doesn't work off numbers, just names for the basic colours.

Yeah I noticed you leap frogged my post count too. I was intending on making a post telling you to back off and rein in your posts, but then you'd jumped about 100 posts and overtook me by the time I got round to it. :D

Ok, a colour basically like this: #59CBCB (a shade of aqua - they probably actually used #40E0D0, as in the text I'm about to colour) used to be the prefix for (Photo Contest) in LAVA. I thought it was great as it stood out nicely. The one I wrote looks like this (Classical). FWIW "Aqua" is a choice in vBulletin (as is Ivory, Olive, Crimson etc), but if you're using a pulldown selector then nvm.

As for not using NEMD, I guess I just thought it was quite distinctive and that may be why we've never really had much classical music sharing. I wanna get ideas from others u c, and I figure having a prefix might help pull some folks in. Just my thought though, if you think it's pointless that's cool as well.

Ok, a colour basically like this: #59CBCB (a shade of aqua - they probably actually used #40E0D0, as in the text I'm about to colour) used to be the prefix for (Photo Contest) in LAVA. I thought it was great as it stood out nicely. The one I wrote looks like this (Classical). FWIW "Aqua" is a choice in vBulletin (as is Ivory, Olive, Crimson etc), but if you're using a pulldown selector then nvm.

As for not using NEMD, I guess I just thought it was quite distinctive and that may be why we've never really had much classical music sharing. I wanna get ideas from others u c, and I figure having a prefix might help pull some folks in. Just my thought though, if you think it's pointless that's cool as well.

Trust you to know specifically that it was. :D

Seeing as its you, all your wishes are granted.

Many thanks!

Hmm, actually aqua is pretty hard to see on that light grey blue. Can we have "Lightseagreen" instead?

FWIW, the full list of colour words can be seen here

Many thanks!

Hmm, actually aqua is pretty hard to see on that light grey blue. Can we have "Lightseagreen" instead?

FWIW, the full list of colour words can be seen here

Your wish is my command.

Thanks for the list, I knew I'd seen the Deeppink somewhere on here. I really love that colour. Pink and black is always a good combo on for the android skin on my phone.

Yeah, that pink does look good for highlighting, not garish and nicely visible. Strange that we don't have a bit more colour on the forums really. I've seen loads of things that can be done with Xenforo though, and hopefully that can be a more easily customized experience for users.

^Ha :D

Thanks for magicking this up tranced :)