• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Fast Heart Rate & MDMA

mayapuffs

Greenlighter
OK so i just made this account to ask this question so please excuse if i?ve done anything wrong, i?ve done mdma capsules a few times in the past year and have never had an issue, but lately i?ve become aware of how fast my heart rate is when sober (90-100bpm resting) (i?m not sure if that?s something to worry about without the mdma) i?m wondering how at risk i am of heart attack or cardiac arrest or whatever when taking mdma and my heart rate increases even more? i just want to know so i?m not worried about it if i do drop and then start panicking -making my heart rate faster again. i?ve looked all over the internet for some kind of answer to this question but to no avail, can someone with actual medical experience please give me some advice? thankyou! :)

Hey there, welcome to Bluelight :)

A resting heart rate of 100 is pretty abnormal - have you spoken to your doctor about it? You really should get that checked out before doing anything else mate. It doesn't necessarily mean you're at risk of a heart attack, but if you have an underlying arrhythmia, for example, various drugs could cause you trouble.

thankyou! i haven?t mentioned it to my doctor recently (since i?ve started worrying) as i?ve just been told for years whenever i?ve been checked that my fast heart rate is due to anxiety. i?m thinking i might go to the doctors asap and make sure it?s nothing more though so i have some peace of mind. if there?s no other issues and it is ?just anxiety?, do you think it would still be dangerous to take mdma?
thanks so much for the reply!

The trick is to check your heart rate and blood pressure at home where you're relaxed with one of those cheap little BP Monitors. Take a recording once when you first wake up, and once before bed. Keep a log of the readings for a week, and then you can show them to your GP for him/her to have a look at and decide if you need any further tests.

As for the MDMA, I highly doubt you're going to have a heart issue if you take it, as long as you take usual precautions like staying well hydrated and not doing it too often. But that's not a guarantee, and none of us can give you that peace of mind I'm afraid.