• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

I always take over 300mg MDMA when i take it? How bad is this?

Mrsolidzx

Bluelighter
Hey! So been taking mdma a good 4 years now, only at a rave every 6-10 weeks. Obvs had longer breaks in there and shorter (2days at a festival) but on average thats my break. Problem is every time i take it i will redose multiple times, 2/3/4/5 times and go for a good 9/10 hours. I actually prefer towards the end of the rave when your wired, tripping out, and seeing shit. I dont think id go to a rave and only dose once. I'm from UK and every single person i know who takes mdma takes it this way. How bad is this? Am i doing any permanent damage? Im 26 now do you think in years to come i will notice it? Thanks.

Aortic regurgitation has been associated with frequent MDMA usage. I would go for regular check ups to a doctor if you are doing mdma frequently. If your blood pressure measurements gives and idea that you have aortic regurgitation or other valvular diseases a echocardiogram needs to be performed.

I definitely wouldnt ever do something like hat to myself but I am kinda curious as to how you feel doing this? I rolled this past weekend and dropped one 160mg dose and rolled my face off, wouldnt ever see the need for more.

How are the comedowns? What kind of effects are you feeling after 3+ doses? How much are you typically taking each dose?

Would you class my use as frequent? I use around 8-10 times a year. Ive never felt my tolerence increase, a half always knocks me off my feet, never in my life have i taken a full tablet. I did a festival in june, and had tablets probz about 150mg and had 5 halfs in total during the day, so about 375mg. Felt boss in the taxi home haha! I just can't imagine having one dose and that being it? Normally get strong dutch tabs at over 200mg so will do 1.5/2 during a night in half doses.
As far as effects go, im alot less aware of my surroundings and i get heavy eye shakes (which i like.) I trip my box off thinking like someone is stood next to me when im having a piss, or in a taxi n my mate like lay with his head down but think hes sat bolt upright looking at me, and then trip out at the lights. The more i redose, the heavier the tripping/haluncinations/eye shaking gets but i like all those effects.
As far as comedowns go its wierd, i used to get pretty heavy depression, but now the day after i love coz ill just chat shit all day and mong (probz abit off it still) but ill forget what im saying mid convo, and find it hard to understand things. I basically go really thick for the day. Then the next day or 2 ill just feel tired, but can still function. Find it hard to get up but once im up im okay and go can the gym/work etc.

The UK has a completely different outlook on it. Like i said, i dont know a single person who would go to a rave and take 1 dose and that be it.

Hope the answers everything, but anything else please ask.

Personally Idclassify it as fairly frequent as I have always limited myself to 4-5 times a year max but Im sure some people wouldnt.

I figured you would get stronger hallucinatory effects with the redoses but do you still get the rolling/euphoric/empathy feelings and not just an amphetamine rush? Would guess that those would be strongest with the first 1-2 doses but the most Ive ever done in one night is a dose plus a booster so I wouldn?t really know if the initial effects continue.

I personally wouldnt imagine being stimmed out that long being pleasant but thats just me. That said Im working on my doctorate so my moderation is pretty much purely related to cognitive functioning, memory, studying, etc and I definitely notice a temporary dip after any use of MDMA so Ive never wanted to push it given the medical data available on more frequent use/cognitive function/memory recall.

Definitely interested to hear about your use and experiences though so thanks for the post

Last edited:
Thats sort of frequent, but not dangerously often. The dose of over 300mg is quite a lot though. If you start getting any sort of hangover or negative comedown then that probably means you're doing too much or too often. Everyone who I've known that has used MDMA responsibly longterm has never had a comedown or hangover from MDMA.

I'd venture to say that if you've been doing it like this for 4 years and no issues, and the dose isn't slowly increasing, then i'd say its probably fine tbh.

I haven't heard of any reports of people getting LTC or other issues after not getting any for 4+ years using the same dose and frequency.

Although, if you want to be tripping out and seeing shit, taking MDMA with even small doses of psychedelics like 2c-b, lsd or mushrooms works wonders.

Definitely think comedown is pretty individual as I definitely get them even just using 1 dose or 1 dose plus a booster 3-4 times per year. Nothing terrible but still noticeable.

That said I?ve also used 300mg in a night before with 240mg plus a 100mg booster being my max ever but the quality wasn?t as high as what I?ve got now and the most I?ve ever done is 180mg plus a 100mg booster

Would you class my use as frequent?

Your question could be about frequent in the sense of being above the middleline of calculated normal use. I have a feeling in the UK and the Netherlands pill consumption takes on ridiculous forms. The ammount of pills bashed in these country's lies higher then most if my observations are right.

But when we are defining it in a harm reduction way which is something like once in a three month period not exceeding a dose and a redose maximum 2/3 of the initial one. This one your off the chart probably.

When using the first scale, I have no idea what the mediate is, but if I look at my own usage at it's peak. Your doing it very good. I did the same ammounts weekly but tried to get a weekend off here and there, maybe 2? XTC 2 days in a row was normal 1 an anomality.

But my usage pattern had it's tolls, every monday wired and tuesday tired. But I have been in worse places with more wrecking effects on my mind. And those places were not drug induced so defining issues caused by something as MDMA, I will leave up to others. In my eyes there are way more dangerous things in live then drugs most of us are even warned beforehand about them. Things that are way more likely to happen and much less known can be just as or more dangerous .

There is very strong evidence that frequent MDMA usage will damage your heart valves. This is a slow ongoing process, and can be early detected IF you go to your doc. If not, your regurgitation can become so bad were valve replacement surgery is needed.

Thanks for posting this the internet is probably why users will get more and more educated about what they are consuming. I am definetily one that took MDMA way before the internet got used big time.

In that area you would have needed a friend that would have been soaked in literature about drugs and pharmacology to have an educated guess at what the possible risks of MDMA could be. This heart valve shit involves a lot of other common drugs to. The ones that some people use to fill in the gaps between their MDMA experiences. Still unknowin they might be damaging their valves.

3-MMC, the aminorex related compounds, the apb's come to mind.

Thanks for replies guys. Your right when you say pill consumption is higher this side of the pond. However my use is low compared to alot of people i know. Always take multi vits 5htp post rave as well and a benzo to get some sleep. I know i take high dose, and it baffles me how you guys dont coz i prefer being like 2/3 halfs down 4/5 hours into the rave rather than like the first half and an hour in?? But i do try to look after myself before and after, and so far ive never had an long term issues apart from like a 4 day comedown after ive hit it 2 days at a festival, but its worth it haha!!

For swim15: i wouldnt say i have the empathy where i wana tell all my mates i love em, and im not like rushing at 100mph, but its deffo euphoric still, like being touched still feels nice, chatting shit on the way home about the night, but it is abit more of a scattier wired than clean mdma roll if that makes sence? For me (and all my mates) its still massively enjoyable though.

Thanks for posting this the internet is probably why users will get more and more educated about what they are consuming. I am definetily one that took MDMA way before the internet got used big time.

In that area you would have needed a friend that would have been soaked in literature about drugs and pharmacology to have an educated guess at what the possible risks of MDMA could be. This heart valve shit involves a lot of other common drugs to. The ones that some people use to fill in the gaps between their MDMA experiences. Still unknowin they might be damaging their valves.

3-MMC, the aminorex related compounds, the apb's come to mind.

The valves, more specifically the aortic valve have a 5HT-2 receptor which MDMA and serotonin binds strongly to. This will over time lead to degeneration and eventually fibrotic valve. Dopaminergic drugs such as cabergoline, and other parkinson medications have also been strongly correlated with valve degeneration. I always inform my patients about this if they confirm usage of MDMA, but also other strong serotonin/dopamin agonists.

I personally wouldnt imagine being stimmed out that long being pleasant but thats just me. That said Im working on my doctorate so my moderation is pretty much purely related to cognitive functioning, memory, studying, etc and I definitely notice a temporary dip after any use of MDMA

The circumstances of my live back then were that not challengeing. That the cognitive impairment, being still doped up on monday when going for work. Well lets say for me it was a plus as the job I was doing caused a lot of stress. But what you write is certainly through any kinda task demanding full performance would have been undoable under such a neurotoxic regime.

Escapism.

It's really temperamental with MD with me, sometimes I'll drop more than half a gram in a night, and feel cognitively perfect the next day, but other times I'll be in bed for 2/3 days trying to recover off 200mg. Getting a reliable source of MD will help I think. Sometimes I get it brown, sometimes it's beige/clear. I think the purity has a lot to do with the aftermath. Only my observations though don't quote me :?

I'm also from the UK.

I tarted ecstasy and MDMA around twelve years ago and last took some about two weeks ago. When I first got into it, I was pilling every weekend for a couple of years in stupidly high doses, often with lots of other drugs. And then I calmed down to being once every blue moon.

It'll depend on how stoic you are, but if/ when you slow down, the whole thing will hit you. It's such a powerful, beautiful drug.