View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Trying acid for the first time

SirRoyalBumFuck

Bluelighter
So i've waited longer in my life to try acid (i'm nearly 25 so). But that is simply because it took until this time in my life for me to be "ready" for such a heavy compound. So i ordered 1P-LSD since they should be identical no? In any case are there things i certainly need to try or do or experience while on acid for the first time? I am asking those who've done acid so many times and things they wished they would've done the first time on the substance. I already know i'm gonna enjoy it, but i'm wondering if there are any things people would really recommend me doing while on acid the first time. Any feedback would be appreciated.

This is a very lazy thread.

Read every single link on this page - be thorough - you can't do it in a single day, spend at least a couple of weeks doing so:
https://www.erowid.org/chemicals/lsd/lsd.shtml

Then if you still have questions come back and ask again.

Don't mean to be rude, but this exact question in some form must have been asked hundreds or thousands of times since the internet's inception.

I actually just wanted to get some tips as "hey you should listen to this type of music, or go walking in nature, watch this movie or clips on the internet etc..." I wasn't looking for a general overview of the substance as i already went over that thousands of times long before i ever even decided to try acid myself. I guess doing what i was planning on doing from the start isn't a bad idea, wait for it to kick in at home and then when i get a feel of how the trip will be just go out nature walking. I did the same a couple of weeks ago on BK-2-CB and weed combo and that was fun so....

Personally, my favorite things to do on psychedelics in general are being out in and exploring nature, and listening to music. Being outside in nature really brings out the euphoric and positive elements of the experience, and I feel a much increased sense of connection with it. There is infinite detail to everything and it's fascinating to look at plants and animals and ponder about them. Music is greatly enhanced, any type of music you enjoy will do. Hope you have fun. :)

1p-LSD is very similar to LSD, some find it identical, and some find it a bit muted or that it takes longer to come up. In any case they're virtually identical if not precisely identical.

Definitely go out into the countryside with someone you know well. Choose a nice sunny day and relax into the experience. Take on an empty stomach and dont use any other drugs. Enjoy.

When i tried LSD, i listened to Pursuit Of Happiness - Kid Cudi, on repeat.

I second listening to music, and also, bring a notepad with you wherever you go. You may come up with some potentially life altering revelations, and you will need to write them down. This happened to me when i tripped, but i forgot to write down my thoughts and to this day have no idea what i was thinking, but i remember it was really important. Lol.

Ideal experience is out in nature, no noise from civilization. Music can also be enjoyed. For acid, considering LSD's history of use, I would recommend Pink Floyd or the Grateful Dead, something complex, rich and engaging. There's nothing like PF or GD while peaking on acid, it's absolutely divine. The classic tripping PF album is Dark Side of the Moon, though my favorite oscillates between it, Animals, and Wish You Were Here. My favorite dead show is 02-18-71, archive.org or Relisten if on iPhone.

That being said, considering your question, it's going to be much different than you expect. An entire world will awaken in your mind, and assuming it does, you won't need anything but a comfortable and safe environment to be in. Again, preferably nature. The moment will become more rich than you've ever felt it. Good music can enhance it.

The most important thing is to take it in a safe and comfortable environment, in my opinion. If there is any fear of being caught or in trouble or similar it can be a major detriment to your ability to enjoy it. You want to feel free and able to do as you please. It's not impossible to have a good time if not and, it's much easier and better if it's not a factor.

Regarding notes, I've never found it be really worth anything. The place I go to can't be put into words, and even the words that I can put them into, then lose their meaning after I've come down. What's more important is to remember the way you feel in your body and sense of self while tripping, afterwards. Remember the ways that while tripping you felt free, and the general process of it, ie. the zooming out and multiperspectival qualities of mind. Yes, the insights about how you're living your life, how you'd like that to be different, and the new pieces of information that suddenly click are important. And, it all originates from that way of being. So, remember that instead of the temporal meanings you attempt to convey writing notes.

Last edited:
Yes, the insights about how you're living your life, how you'd like that to be different, and the new pieces of information that suddenly click are important.

Right.

It's hard to replicate "that way of being", so best to milk all the information out of it as you can.

Sure, feeling free etc. is a nice notion to follow, but how realistic is it to try and mimic a drug educed experience? And even if it's not to mimic, and simply to remember it, wouldn't remembering your thoughts be equally as important?

The feeling is something unique. You will remember it regardless.

Notes will not distract you, IMO. If anything, they'll potentiate your experience as you can follow your trains of thought on your trip and explore new meanings of life etc.

Last edited:
I don't disagree with you. And, what I'm attempting to convey brings much more value than note taking ever will. One is lifelong, the other is temporal.

I used to find it very valuable to take notes. Early on, it was important for me to make sense of my experiences and bring back the insights I felt were so clear during the trip, and jotting down notes allowed me to remember different thoughts I had afterwards. These days, many years and many trips later, I just go with it and taking notes feels kinda silly, but the way I have approached tripping and life in general has changed. I only take notes now when I'm trying out a few drug with the intention of writing a trip report for the benefit of the community. But I'll tell you, I'm grateful that I wrote many of my earlier trip reports (which would have been a lot harder without notes), because re-reading them is a great joy for me today, because it puts me a little bit back into those experiences. To me it's analogous to keeping a dream journal... if you write it down, you remember more. Not all trips seem to be about that, but for me, some of them are.

If you have any fear don't do it I've probably gone through 1000 hits no bad trips but never worried about it. Worst thing to happen was getting robbed in the ghetto (don't do it in the city without sitters)

I had had many DXM trips so wasn't worried about altered states.

If it has a taste it's not acid

Don't smoke weed your first time (maybe nitrous, very fun)

Ignore all the "gurus" I don't know of any good ones and most are possible CIA assets. The most knowledge was gained in real research before it was banned (on that note it is a shame you can't do guided therapy, you have to buy it in an alley next to the knock off purses and loose cigarettes [JOKE])

I just did it yesterday and i gotta say WOW. Just wow, all of you guys tips made the come-up a bit easier(it was harder then i thought it was going to be) but overall i had a awesome time. And i am very happy to have done it plus the fact that i still have atleast 3 more tabs i can try. I will however need some time in order the process all that happend to me. LSD Was way more emotional then any other psychedelic i've ever done. Not that this is a bad thing, not at all. I still loved it and now i feel amazing the day after. I'm happy that these are a new class of psychedelic drugs that i can experiment with.

Glad you enjoyed it sire. I'd just like to add that your username is fuckin brilliant! =D

So glad to hear it went amazingly :) I has assumed in my previous comment you had never tripped before. What prior experiences have you had that paled in comparison to LSD regarding emotion?

Ok. So it is all about prep. Make sure you have a plan first. The last thing you want to do is try to plan after dosing. I suggest finding a few friends and a nice outdoors campsite. Now when you get there, set up everything, get your fire ready, eat if you need to and take care of all the things that will require mental space. After this, drop and just relax, let the evening take you where it will. Maybe before you dose, get a decent library of your favorite songs. We always listened to pink floyed and Led Zeppelin. Just make sure it is mellow and fun. Over and over it is about set and setting. If you are free dealing with really powerful emotions or are not in the right place, do not do it! If you follow the rules of set and setting you will have a fun and possibly life changing experience. Have fun!

Ok. So it is all about prep. Make sure you have a plan first. The last thing you want to do is try to plan after dosing. I suggest finding a few friends and a nice outdoors campsite. Now when you get there, set up everything, get your fire ready, eat if you need to and take care of all the things that will require mental space. After this, drop and just relax, let the evening take you where it will. Maybe before you dose, get a decent library of your favorite songs. We always listened to pink floyed and Led Zeppelin. Just make sure it is mellow and fun. Over and over it is about set and setting. If you are free dealing with really powerful emotions or are not in the right place, do not do it! If you follow the rules of set and setting you will have a fun and possibly life changing experience. Have fun!

Yup!! All good tips (especially Floyd and Zep).

But I'd just like to clarify what 'set and setting' actually means, because in the pre-internet age, I'd heard this mentioned many times but never really understood what it meant.

'Set' refers to your mindset - how you feel emotionally and/or spiritually. It's always best to trip when you feel on top of the game. Any niggling worries or anxieties can overpower the trip and lead to a difficult experience (I don't like the term 'bad trip' because even the most difficult trips have value).

'Setting' refers to your tripping environment. Just make sure you're going to be as comfortable as possible.

I like to include a playlist rich in both my all time favourites and random, or otherwise self-shunned genres. It can be both enlightening (like Franc Martin’s Mass for Double Choir, or any Bach) or really emotional and/or funny (not a C&W fan, but can be hilarious on cid).

I also found out that on acid i kinda love the musical style known as vapourwave. Which is a little strange since i would've most likely not have been a fan if not for the acid. This Sunday i'm doing another tab i think i've left enough time in between in order to be back to baseline. And what paled to LSD regarding emotion? Well, shrooms were not really emotional for me. Nor have dicsos ever been emotional. Or the experience of the BK-2CB with weed combo that i did a few weeks earlier. But even that i haven't had such a emotional psychedelic before i REALLY loved, at one point i was thinking about my entire life and felt such peace. Peace with EVERYTHING that had happened in my life especially the bad things, cause if it would not have been for ALL those things i went through i would not be where i am today! Even typing this right now fills me with joy again, i often am a little scared as most people likely are if i'm making the right decisions and taking the right direction with my life. And the acid reassured me that i should only be happy with the direction i am trying to steer my life in. I'm super happy that i decided to try it! And i'll be happy that i now can experience this when i feel its needed for me to figure out somethings. Which is also the reason i'm trying it again this Sunday, now that i know that i can really go into the trip with certain questions and that there is a high chance of me getting answers to them. Yeah there are a few things i'd like to think about when on acid again. And thanks for enjoying my username seems that all the drugs i did have at the very least made a little bit more creative:)