• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Trying to learn various things about Methadone and Suboxone treatment

Blirna

Greenlighter
Hello, Bluelight. My name is Jesse, and I'm a polydrug addict of almost 10 years now. My DOC is OxymorphoneOpana, though I haven't seen or heard of any being around for almost 5 or 6 years. My 2nd choice is either HydromorphoneDilaudid or FentanylDuragesic (which I haven't came across either in 4 or 5 years), and 3rd is OxycodoneOxycontin, Percocet or Roxycodone (which I haven't seen in about 3 years) or MethadoneMethadose or Dolphine. I rarely see my DOCs anymore, so I settle for HeroinLaudinum or BuprenorphineSuboxone, Subutex, Zubsolv, etc. most of the time. I also partake in occasional MethamphetamineIce, most of the time. Sometimes Shake and Cannabis Sativa or IndicaMedical or Dank Marijuana like once or so per month.
I used to lurk these forums most of the time of the day, back when I was in High School and craving an out-of-mind experience. I would study everything about every psychoactive substance I could find. I finally found a connection, and that started my honeymoon with Oxymorphone, Oxycodone, Hydrocodone, Tramadol, Pregabalin and Gabapentin, Soma, Ambien, and various new, almost experimental opioid medications, such as Tapentadol, Exalgo[ER Hydromorphone 6mg] ZoHydro[Hydrocodone 30mg ER capsules], and a few others I can't remember. My introduction to drugs through my friend's grandparents' medications taught me hard lessons about addiction, especially with my first real addiction being to Oxymorphone, which is probably the strongest oral opioid that is available at the moment. This led to me having a terrible withdrawal experience right after high school, and various RXs for Suboxone and mental health institutions. Just a little background.
I am here to ask about Methadone and Suboxone and various things about them.

Edit - Not supposed to give legal advise.

Just know that MCH is very lenient.

Welcome to the forum, though, Jesse.

:D

Last edited:
[mention]madness00[/mention]

Did you read where I said that I will have been clean or a month? I mean, I'm still experiencing withdrawal symptoms and intense cravings, but will they still allow me to get put on it? The MHC, the Psychiatrist and the Sub/'done doctor?

~Edit - Just saw you posted in OD. Hopefully my reply was helpful. Just tell them the reasons why you want to be on those drugs and they tend to be pretty lenient.
Are you saying to tell the people at the MHC or the Psychiatrist that they put me under that I want to be on either Methadone or Suboxone?

Sorry for asking for legal advice. I wasn't aware it was forbidden... I just wasn't sure where else to go to get some advice, so I went to my favorite drug forum. I'll not ask for any advice from now on.

No, feel free to ask for advise, just non-legal ;)

We're a very helpful community and i hope you get everything situated.

I'm sure you'll figure it out based on what has already been said to you.

See ya around i hope!

I have been on both suboxone and methadone. Currently on 100mg methadone daily with 2 take home weekly. I have a plethora of information I can provide but maybe its best if I'm asked specific questions. Ask away and I'll answer!

This discussion is moving beyond the boundaries of New Members Introduction. I'm moving it to Other Drugs where it is more appropriate.

I'm on 80mg of methadone daily and I'm very happy. I have a lot of arthritis pain so it really helps with that too. I don't know too much about buprenorphine though sorry. Methadone has kept me clean for 2 and half years. I'm very happy and healthy now.

Opiate maintenance saved my life

I was practically non functional for over 18 months after getting off a 20 year high dose opiate addiction. Was unable to sleep for more then 4-6 hours each night. I was in constant pain and my anxiety condition had come back in full force.

Buprenorphine has helped to stabilize me, curtailed some of my pain and made it possible to work. I found the programs in my area that offer groups are usually a bit better compared to the places in which you have to pay out of pocket and just go 1 time a month.

One of the mistakes I made in opioid replacement therapy was taking the high doses dolled out by some of the sub doctors. I was able to find a program the offered weekly harm reduction groups that integrated mindfulness meditation and other evidenced based techeneques.

I had to move and hope to find a new provider that offers a full range of services. The one mistake you can make on ORT is getting addicted to benzo's to deal with some of the residual anxiety or cravings. This has made it extremely hard navigating some of the restrictions that come with taking benzo's and suboxone.