• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine Can fentanyl be chemically removed from blow?

Cudi

Bluelighter
I?ve been hearing a lot of sketchy shit lately in my area about fentanyl laced cocaine. I?ve looked into the process of cocaine purification using acetone, but would this process be able to get the fentanyl out? Is there a way? Otherwise I think I?m just going to buy a test kit. Also, any other important info anyone has on purifying their blow with acetone would be greatly appreciated as I?ve never done this process before. I just want the good stuff that hardly anyone can supply because of greed.

I honestly wouldn't worry about it. It HAS happened, but no one is sure why and it is far from common.

"Some researchers say fentanyl showing up in cocaine looks to be accidental, a product of messy packaging rather than malicious intent. Boston Medical Center epidemiologist Traci Green says the rise in cocaine/fentanyl deaths she's tracking out of Rhode Island is commensurate with the increase in fentanyl deaths overall.

"It's more of a contamination model rather than one that is malicious or purposeful," says Green, who is also an associate professor of emergency medicine and epidemiology at the Brown University School of Medicine."

- https://www.npr.org/sections/health...ne-becoming-a-deadly-problem-among-drug-users

"Data analysis identified a total of 214 exhibits
containing cocaine and fentanyl during the
analyzed time period. These exhibits represent less than one percent of the total cocaine
exhibits analyzed and reported in Pennsylvania for 2015 through 2017 (2
nd
quarter). "

-https://www.dea.gov/sites/default/f...mbination in Pennsylvania -- UNCLASSIFIED.PDF

That was 214 out of over 30,000 samples tested. And it doesn't speak to the ratios. But it definitely isn't coming from the cartels that way, seems way more likely to be accidental contamination or perhaps 1 street level dealer. I would even think reports from users to EMTs who claim to have only been using cocaine could more likely be attributed to them trying to hide their heroin habit.

I appreciate the reply and this is good info, but that still doesn’t answer the question of whether or not acetone is capable of removing it in a purification process. I don’t know much about the process, so anyone else with info on it would help (whether or not fent can be removed in a standard purification process)

I don't think you guys understand. There have been quite a few reported cases where I live of fentanyl being in the cocaine. Someone I know started foaming out of the mouth after doing a line. Why would I not worry about it? Just because you may live in an area where it isn't common doesn't mean it isn't happening elsewhere. It's running rampant on the west coast, which is where I currently live. All I am wondering is if there is a process to remove the fentanyl because I couldn't find any resources on Google. So, it seems this needs to be a topic for discussion since it hasn't really been addressed.

I think they are implying that it's either difficult/risky/extraordinary so you are better off not trying and just avoiding any possibly contaminated cocaine. I'm sure there is a way to do it, but it may not be easily done by someone at home causing them to hurt themselves or others if they did it wrong.

Just for example, even if you removed the fentanyl you would need to properly dispose of it without killing yourself or someone else.

I don't know about your friend, but as for the "reported" cases in your area, I imagine they are like the rest of the reported cases which are mentioned in my links in which upon further investigation there was no fentanyl in the cocaine but possibly some other substance. Hearsay from a bunch of cokeheads is less than reliable.

I have witnessed plenty of opioid ODs, and foaming at the mouth is not the first way I would describe it after witnessing it, I know it can happen a little if the person is gurgling or choking for air for some time but it's not really "foam" its just spit bubbles and drool and it really only happens when the person falls out in some weird position not if there are people around him who lay him straight; usually you are just out cold, breathing fairly softly if at all. I don't want to call bullshit if you witnessed it, perhaps your friend did OD on something even coke(I have seen people on 3 day coke binges straight drop out and wake up an hour later in the ER after getting fluids and meds) but as I said if this is just hearsay I wouldn't put much faith in it. I'm sorry, but a story from a bunch of coked up people about someone "foaming at the mouth" from "fentanyl in the coke" sounds like...well you know.

If you want to purify cocaine, fine go ahead, but purifying with the intention of removing fentanyl is a waste of time; and if you do it incorrectly it can make your cocaine more harmful rather than less but will probably just end up wasting your batch.

If it is happening, its happening very far down on the supply chain, get your coke from someone else. Changing your hook up is a far better and simpler solution than trying to remove fentanyl from every bag you get.

Last edited:
If you are worried. Dissolve your cocaine in pure ethaonl and homogenize it completely then filter through a micron. Then dry under vacumm and heat.

This will eliminate the danger of "hot spots".

I used to make this a standard practice with heroin.

Could we even guess whether it is Fentanyl-HCL or Fentanyl Citrate? I'm no expert, but aren't they both soluble in ethanol? And even if they are only slightly soluble given its potency that would still make removing it a challenge, for example I think fentanyl hcl's solubility in water is only 0.025/ml, which is still an active dose and re-crystallizing from water would be a little more difficult especially given cocaines fragility in water, but if you got the water cold enough I guess it could work...but fentanyl citrate is readily soluble in water AFAIK...but like I said this is not my forte at all so don't quote me on any of it and if someone knows better please correct.