• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants is your experience on meth dependent upon your mood before ingestion?

PuffinMuffins

Greenlighter
I've never had an experience on meth like this, usually it pretty much instantly "cheers me up" regardless of whatever mood I was in before.

today (about 14 hours ago) before my first line is had not by any means had a good day. the night before, my best friend said some things in anger that genuinely really hurt, and i don't tend to get hurt by things he says too easily anymore. he's got a bit of an impulse-control anger problem, nothing physical, just verbal attack outbursts and I've learned to generally not take it too personally because he always apologizes and says he didn't mean it later. I try to understand but this one really got me, I worked the next day and was fighting back tears at work throughout the day which is not normal for me, I'm usually good at compartmentalizing...basically I was just a mess.

some more stressful shit happened later that day that made us communicate and we agreed to stop fighting and let everything go. I wanted to and thought I did, and we did meth together to bring a better end to a really shitty day. he had a perfectly fine time but the whole time I was actually happy a very short period of time. I just felt either irritation at everything he did that usually doesn't bother me, extreme boredom, frustration, or just "not high". it was good meth, left over from stuff I'd done before and had a perfectly good time on.

my only guess is that meth can sometimes be like a "trip" and your experience is dependent on your mood? might be a stupid question but it's the first time I've experienced it and I've done meth while in a bad mood plenty of times. it was weird, whatever I did it just wasn't fun. I couldn't get interested in anything and sat there just trying to think of shit to do half the time. this sucks, meth is the only drug i can do (I no longer allow myself to do opiates due to a previous addiction) that actually does anything for me, I feel betrayed lol.

might be a stupid question but it's the first time I've experienced it and I've done meth while in a bad mood plenty of times.

This to me is a clear indication that this specific time was an exception.

You must have still been ruminating on the bad experience you had before you took the drug, while you were on the drug.

In regards to my experience, there have been times i didn't enjoy my high, but i think it was because it was low quality meth.

I hope it all clears up for you.
You need to address the root issue or else no matter what drug you take, you'll still be thinking about the hurt.

Last edited:
Powerful drugs can magnify negative feelings. It is always better to be physically and psychologically in a good place before using any substance that can amplify feelings.

hELL YEAH....especially when the gov gets involved things get shitty on it.. i would love to thank all the paranoid twacky twicky tweakers for ruing this drug for me...

I think any drug (some more than others) can to some extent be influenced by your mood. Doesn't mean it will necessarily happen every single time.