• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Tempidone

Limpet_Chicken

Bluelighter
Anybody know anything about this obscure drug?

2,2,6,6-tetramethyl-4-piperidone, seems to be of an anxiolytic/downer profle, or possibly opioidergic

There isn't much info around on this one, and it wouldn't surprise me if one could pinch a few things from fentanyl syntheses to produce it, given that 4-piperidone structure.

How does it work? on GABAa?

That would be my best guess. There are extant references to withdrawals, and barbs were mentioned in the abstract. Unfortunately all the articles seem to be in bulgarian, not one of the languages I speak, or even curse fluently in.

Looks quite reminiscent of glutethimide, methprylon, piperidione etc.

That would be my best guess. There are extant references to withdrawals, and barbs were mentioned in the abstract. Unfortunately all the articles seem to be in bulgarian, not one of the languages I speak, or even curse fluently in.

Looks quite reminiscent of glutethimide, methprylon, piperidione etc.

Tempidon is the BG marketing name for, 2,2,6,6-tetramethyl-4-piperidone is also known as triacetonamine, it is almost certainly primarily acting as a ganglionic blocker by acting as an nicotinic antagonist. the N-methyl derivative is Pempidine. Mecamylamine is similar but still used to a limited extent. These drugs were historically antihypertensives but had a terrible level of off target effects. I haven't checked but tempedon is probably off the market now.
Triacetonamine as the name suggests is the condensation product of ammonia and acetone.
if you do a search again using triacetonamine you will hit loads of references on its very facile synthesis.

^
Plus a lot of orange sticky mess if not done right or left for too long :p

Any reference why would it be a nicotinic antagonist? The shape doesnt look that much resemble. Is it allosteric-antagonist?

Presumably due to its similarity with pempidine.

Interesting similarity to the oxidant TEMPO and TEMPOL. Would be useful to have around.

And whats to worry about it turning into a ugly mess, Acetone and ammonia aren't really precursors that matter if either go to waste. Not that I like cleaning tar and shit any more than the next guy. Vecktor's recent statement about chemists being lazy, while the theoreticians are aliens in a chemist's skin...quite hilarious I daresay, but in that respect at least, it is true. Although I'm not quite sure which is the worst of the two evils-finding something went arse over tit and ended up as plasticized crap, or having to clean up the aftermath.

Not that I like cleaning tar and shit any more than the next guy. Vecktor's recent statement about chemists being lazy, while the theoreticians are aliens in a chemist's skin...quite hilarious I daresay, but in that respect at least, it is true.

Guess that's part of why med chemists in industry these days do almost everything in single-use vials with single-use syringes and single-use columns. =D

Guess that's part of why med chemists in industry these days do almost everything in single-use vials with single-use syringes and single-use columns. =D

indeed laziness, that along with 5% yields, and purification to a supposedly pure yellow oil with cartridge chromatography if you use number of compounds produced as a performance metric then this is going to happen.

luckily nowadays there are disposable 1000 gallon reactors and 60ft disposable chromatography columns