• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

First time using IV

dl.o0o.lb

Greenlighter
About to use iv for first time with some ice. I have a 29g short pin. Any tips or suggestions? besides not doing it of course

Be with someone experienced, clean equipment, alcohol swabs skin, sterile water, no more than a point.

Have a blast!

-Arms and hands are the safest places to shoot.
-If you can't find a vein, warm up the area or do some push-ups to make the vein more prominent.
-Use a fresh needle, and alcohol wipe the spot down first.
-Always shoot toward the heart.
-If you're tying off, release tourniquet before/as you're shooting.
-Draw the plunger back first to make sure blood flows in, so you know you hit a vein.
-Don't share equipment.

Ice dissolves in water, so you can back-load it quite easily. (Take out plunger, put ice in back of needle, put in plunger, draw up water, gently shake.)

Im alone but is .1 enough? Id say i have a fair tolerance. And how many units of water? Also im using tap water and no cotton so cigarette filter or should i just backload

.1 should be good. That's what i usually shoot. Eh, so .1 should be about 10cc. I'd bring it up to 30cc

Back-loading will be fine, it's up to you. Just crush it up real well.

The first time you use any drug by any route of administration, you should always consult the seller regarding the purity and typical dosage. If you don't have any baseline knowledge about dosage or technique, you are asking for trouble. It's not rocket science, but it is something that someone should demonstrate for you first.

First time was a fail poked myself 3 times and drew back one good time but couldnt keep it in place

First time was a fail poked myself 3 times and drew back one good time but couldnt keep it in place

You need someone to show you. I'm not embarrassed to say that I couldn't do it myself either. I believe most people have this issue. It's one of those things though, that when demonstrated, watched and felt simultaneously gives you this "ah-huh" feeling. You'll just understand. You'll still miss sometimes. It's the nature of the beast, but vein architecture is actually different on every person. Some veins are going to be more accessible to you. You'll see some people use veins that you didn't know existed.

You'll figure it out, but you need a helper. Find one before attempting this again. Methamphetamine is not a drug that is easily tolerated when missed. There's no point in wasting a drug with a high oral bioavailability over some stupid rush that you don't even need at this point. Just swallow it and/or insufflate it for now.

Soon, Honda will have a robot that can teach us how to safely inject by late 2022. Watch Westworld for further answers.