• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

A little rant about 'non drug takers'

tripoflife

Greenlighter
Okay this has been a long time coming...

I am one of the only drug users I know - most the people I'm around do not 'take drugs'. And although I don't mind this, what I DO NOT appreciate is being told by them that they don't understand why I do drugs.

Okay... but you've just said that while smoking a cigarette? Is Nicotine not a drug? I think it is :). What about that Starbucks coffee you've just drank? I think caffeine is a drug. Were you drunk last weekend? Yes, you've got the picture.

I do understand, those drugs are legal and since most people are brain washed by the government, I see where you're coming from. But please, realise that a lot of the drug laws have a lot of political motivation. Yes, smoking crack is more dangerous than drinking coffee, but is taking some acid more dangerous than drinking yourself into oblivion? No.

Stop categorising all 'drugs' like they're one entity. Please understand that just as with legal stuff, each drug has different levels of risk. To be fair though, there are more variables when it comes to drugs, like purity and what other psychoactive substances they've been mixed with... This is why testing is important, or knowing your source.

Also know, MDMA is in the process of becoming legal for the treatment of PTSD, at least in the US, not in the UK though. Yet we hear it's a 'deadly drug', what because some disgusting people put PMA into the pills as sell them off as MDMA? Why does the media put as a headline 'Man died from deadly Ecstasy tablet' when the drug actually consumed was PMA?

It all angers me...

Just needed to rant :p

EDIT - I'm not saying all drugs are very safe, of course bad things do still happen even with clean drugs. But I've tried every drug there is - or at least all of the known ones and various RC's. I'm not dead... and trust me, even though I preach harm reduction and have a lot of knowledge regarding drugs, I've taken things too far plenty of times and I'm fine. Obviously no one should go against the common advice given for staying safe (or at least safer) but it's harder to die on from drug use than the media makes it out to be.

Last edited:
Often when talking negatively about "drugs", people are using the term in a pejorative but non-scientific way. Because yes, caffeine is a drug, as are countless other things. But people are not using a literal definition of the word when they go on rants about drugs, drug abuse, etc.

It's frustrating but that's the way it is unfortunately. Calling your opponents out on it often amounts to little more than an annoying gotcha game IMO, without getting to the real heart of the matter: why drug A is legal but drug B is not.

Bottom line? The policies of prohibition have never been based on anything approaching an objective, clear and consistent view of reality. All you can do from the perspective of one citizen trying to convince another is to encourage them to educate themselves and keep an open mind.

PS I highly doubt that you've done "every drug there is" :)

Leave them alone. To each his own. Ethical Hedonism is the way. Namaste. Fucking sober cunts don't know how boring they choose to experience reality.

i was once asked to explain my reasons for being a drug user. After a fairly long and personal answer basically saying that my reality sucked and so i chose to alter it until i can find out a way to fix my reality into something i didn't want to run from.

Their answer to that......."I don't agree with that"

WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK?!

How can someone understand what it is like to not be happy with their current reality and to do all they can to escape it, when they themselves have never felt like that? Seems nothing i say ever seems to satisfy the questions. So i just avoid sober people.

I have a rant about alcoholics. Not people who use drugs AND alcohol, just people who use ONLY alcohol (maybe with some cigarettes and coffee). I found them so ignorant, annoying and desperate to be honest. They have 0 knowledge about drugs (not something to flex about of course) but they are always ready to judge you like you are a serial killer or something. Meanwhile they keep drinking one bottle after another.

I was an alcoholic for seven years (about 5 bottles of wine a day) and I am very interested in pharmacology and do a massive amount of reading about all medications and drugs. I'n not exaggerating when I say I probably know just as much about medications as a pharmacist. I am the opposite of ignorant in that matter.
I used loads of different drugs for the last 5 years of my alcoholism (and still do) but even before that I was never judgmental of drug users.
Even before I'd experienced any alcohol or drugs and was *very* anti-drug, I always really emphasized with addicts because it's so bleak and they must be going through a lot of psychological pain.

If you get caught out with your addiction is just act all remorseful like your gonna change you just need some time then you gotta start taking your shit low key stealthy and take just enough to function but not enough to arouse suspicion and after a few days of going through 'withdrawals ' your 'clean' and you can have a nice reward for getting off it

...because I like sex and food and it's the same machinery in the brain that makes a person like drugs....

Should be easy for them to understand

Sex would be as great as drugs, if not better, but for me it has too many things to considerate, like first of all having a girlfriend, then check my mood, my partner's mood, when/where/how we do it and stuff..And I enjoy it only when we both can reach the orgasm, possibly at the same time, thats is pure bliss, but it's not so easy to do EVERYTIME. Then there is also the depression post-sex that is kinda a problem for me...
With drugs it's just easy mode, swallow/snort the stuff, enjoy.
Yes the more you abuse the more collateral effects you get, but being in a relationship might be way more harmful, for your psych. I saw people reduced to shit because of their GF "dominating", so I can say in some cases drugs are definitely safer and better than relationship/sex.

This is possibly because I had very severe depression from 11-19 (partially managed since then) and then was a heavy alcoholic/addict from 19 onwards and they affect your sex drive, but I feel like sex is probably the most over-hyped thing in the history of the world. Sure it feels good, but it's nothing special and certainly not amazing in any type of way people make it out to be. All people and all media seem OBSESSED with it. People act like it's the greatest thing in the world, which just sets it up to be a let down.