• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Question for other MDMA users who have anxiety

Ricta

Greenlighter
Over the summer I had a bit of a panic attack drinking a monster in the heat while I was blasting tren (no longer on tren). Ever since I've gotten very anxious every time I drink caffeine. Having a panic attack from like half a coffee has me on edge lately.

I've rolled before and I've always had anxiety. First time I didn't even notice much of a comeup and it all went well. Second time I didn't have a bad comeup but I overheated cause I was on tren but it was still a good roll. Third time I had rolled two days in a row and was on tren and had a bad comeup and felt overstimulated etc.

I asked a friend who has the same issue with caffeine and was afraid to roll again and he said he rolls fine he just has to calm himself through the comeup.

Just could use some advise reassurance from other people with anxiety or people who don't like caffeine.

Based on what I've heard molly should take away anxiety not bring it right? I'm just scared because it's classified as a stimulant and I haven't tried it since the caffeine freak outs. (But on the other hand I get anxious on weed but not acid)

IME it?s not even possible to have anxiety with MDMA. I guess before it hits you if you?re the type that worry?s about everything they put in their mouth (my roommate - also can?t handle tren) but I?d just take it and not worry about it.

On that note, should probably leave the tren in the vial if you?re prone to anxiety...or send it to me because I?m not :D

If you check out some of the trip reports, the come up can increase nervousness in people (it’s a stimulant), which could disappear once you start to roll and feel really blissful, or could come in waves between feeling blissful and feeling anxious, or you could really struggle on the come up, your mileage may vary. Especially if you already get anxiety, you can probably count on it happening each time you roll.
There are ways to help the anxiety e.g. splitting your dose up, having a comfortable setting (e.g. home with friends), having distractions planned (e.g. film in background). I have had problems in the past, also just taking caffeine on its own (anxiety, panic attacks). Ain’t got any experience with the tren but I really like my weight training.
Personally, I find if I want to roll while out at a club, if I’m with a group of friends and I split up my dose I don’t have any problems, although comedown next day can still be a bit sketchy, so as an example (90kg weight, regular fitness blah blah) I might take 40mg at 10pm, 40mg at 10:40, then the last 40mg at 11:20, and I’m good to go for the rest of the night

If you check out some of the trip reports, the come up can increase nervousness in people

Thing is I've never really noticed a bad comeup (except for the time I was blasting tren and rolled twice in a row. So I'm guessing my mental state was just a mess at the time) I shouldn't expect anything different right? Especially since I can handle acid fine.

Personally, I find if I want to roll while out at a club, if I’m with a group of friends and I split up my dose I don’t have any problems, although comedown next day can still be a bit sketchy, so as an example (90kg weight, regular fitness blah blah) I might take 40mg at 10pm, 40mg at 10:40, then the last 40mg at 11:20, and I’m good to go for the rest of the night

I was thinking about doing this but I was worried it might just extend the comeup?

or could come in waves between feeling blissful and feeling anxious,

This goes away after the comeup correct?

IME it?s not even possible to have anxiety with MDMA. I guess before it hits you if you?re the type that worry?s about everything they put in their mouth (my roommate - also can?t handle tren) but I?d just take it and not worry about it.

On that note, should probably leave the tren in the vial if you?re prone to anxiety...or send it to me because I?m not :D
It is definetaly possible to have anxiety with MDMA. I know someone that had a (very) bad trip on another drug. And after that she had to quit taking MDMA as well, because she would get a huge panic attack during the roll, so not even on the comeup, really in the middle of the roll. A lot of people have anxiety during the comeup but a traumatic experience can also trigger it during a roll. It doesn't occur frequently but it isn't impossible, certainly not when there's some other factor that is causing increased anxiety, a trigger

It is definetaly possible to have anxiety with MDMA. I know someone that had a (very) bad trip on another drug. And after that she had to quit taking MDMA as well, because she would get a huge panic attack during the roll, so not even on the comeup, really in the middle of the roll. A lot of people have anxiety during the comeup but a traumatic experience can also trigger it during a roll. It doesn't occur frequently but it isn't impossible, certainly not when there's some other factor that is causing increased anxiety, a trigger

Youre right and I work in health care so I shouldnt imply that something cant happen lol. Seen way too much shit that is atypical or shouldnt ever happen but still does.

For most I would assume that mental techniques could reduce or get rid of it with practice but Im sure theres a small subset that its just going to be contraindicated for because of severe anxiety triggers.

Well I'm not traumatized (Like I said I tripped last week and I was fine. Which I feel like is more likely to bring out a trauma).

I just randomly started getting anxious from caffeine and wanted to make sure I'm not going to freak out on molly because it's classed as a stim. (It's not exactly new, I've had panic attacks on vyvanse, adderal, and caffeine in the past and I was fine rolling after these. But nowadays if I drink half a coffee I have a bad time which makes me all paranoid about it. Probably just getting older.)

IME MDMA has the most intense come up of any drug I've tried. Once the roll is going, yeah you can't really feel anxiety, but the come up is so full of anxiety and almost panic I feel I'm about to pop, and then it all faded away as soon as it came on.

Smalls bumps of ket during the comeup are awesome in killing the anxiety.

Thing is I've never really noticed a bad comeup (except for the time I was blasting tren and rolled twice in a row. So I'm guessing my mental state was just a mess at the time) I shouldn't expect anything different right? Especially since I can handle acid fine.
If you handle acid you could be fine. I don’t really get any problems with acid because the visuals and stuff distract me nicely + its fairly low dose. But when I roll I can still end up anxious.

This goes away after the comeup correct?
I’ve had a couple of times where the anxiety and nervousness have continued past just the come up and made the whole thing feel like shit, so then I end up trying to distract myself waiting to come down to the point I can ignore it, and sometimes the come down can be really shitty as well until I crash out and sleep.
Also had a time where I had no problem with come up but then started getting really anxious later on but that was just a one off, that time I had some mates distract me and keep an eye on me for a little bit until it passed.

I was thinking about doing this but I was worried it might just extend the comeup?
It extends the time to get to the level you want to, but feels smoother. I think of it as doing warm ups in the gym, if you go straight to the top set it might be a bit of a shock. I used to just bomb the full amount in one go before I got any anxiety problems but now it’s easier for me to split it up. I've split up doses for bombing meth and its also worked well.

Also another thing that helps me is drinking at the same time since I’m a regular drinker anyway (pretty bad HR advice though). If 25 units would get me blackout drunk on a night, I might start dropping when I’m around 6-8 units (so a bit tipsy and feeling chill) then switch over to water or just have a slow sipping drink to blend in.

General tip: if you ever experience anxiety during a roll, which can manifest itself in very disturbing ways, change the scenery as much as possible. This applies to psychedelics, stims,... anything that can give you a panic attack or a bad trip actually. If you're inside at a party, go outside away from people. If you're at home with friends and music, go in another room without music and try to relax on your own for a while. If you're alone, seek out people, even going into another room and phoning a friend can help tremendously. From psychedelics and also from personal experience with MDMA + anxiety I know that a change of scenery/setting is the number one remedy for a bad trip/anxiety attack/...

Apart from that, you can do some basic mindfulness exercises, this sounds like bullshit (I think the term mindfulness sounds like a fad, though it isn't) but mindfulness does help a lot with anxiety issues. I have seen this mitigate anxiety in people that are rolling but it takes practice. Mindfulness grounds you in reality and focuses your attention on your own body and mind without reacting to external stimuli impulsively. This not only mitigates anxiety but its also extra helpful with bad trips, because bad trips are often a loss of touch with reality (eg.: forgetting you took a drug and thinking you're going to stay that way)

Last edited:
Ok, so if I read that right here is your advice in a nutshell:
1. Don't drink coffee or consume caffeine pills on the day of your planned MDMA roll.
2. Take your roll in staggered, evenly spaced time periods.
3. Have 1 to 3 alcoholic drinks to abate possible anxiety.
4. Get pretty much any benzodiazepine and take that one to one and a half hours before you drop your roll.

Common Sense With A Smidgen of Pharmacological know how is all you need! However, if you get a pill with something other than the appropriate dosage of mdma, all bets are off and you could even die.

Mindfulness exercises would be things like talking to someone and keep a nice convo or a friend of yours to give you a massage, touch soft things, etc. What you have racing in your mind before the roll matters beside settings. Control yourself a bit

On candy flip pay attention, take the Acid first and then the Eve