Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Small & Handy EPT Thread

ungelesene_bettlek

Bluelighter

The Big and Dandy EPT Thread

xthumb.php,qf=EPT.svg,awidth=544,alang=en.pagespeed.ic.Y1OXhZrKIf.webp

EPT Trip Reports on Bluelight

(The below quoted posts were recovered from an accidentally deleted one-page EPT thread that came before this one:

A vendor has been sending out samples sof this rare tryptamine and I ran find next to nothing on it. I brought this question here because I respect the insight this community holds on issues like this. What do you guys think of this substitution? Interesting none the less. The reports have been fairly positive. The same vedor also say they will be realeasing 1A-DMT and I have heard absolutely nothing about that one as well. What do you guys think of these obscure tryptamines?

Kaleida said:
The only things I've ever heard about EPT are that it is similar to DMT and DPT potency and that it is more similar to the latter in effect, but still with an extra classical psychedelic edge that DPT sort of forgoes to do its own unique thing. I've never read any trip reports on it, but would sure love to.

If this is true, this is wonderful news to me. EPT and 4-HO-EPT are two of the only mostly unexplored psychedelics I really even have much interest in these days. I sure hope the latter shows up soon too so I can further complete my 4-sub collection.

mescaphysicality94 said:
Kaleida said:
The only things I've ever heard about EPT are that it is similar to DMT and DPT potency and that it is more similar to the latter in effect, but still with an extra classical psychedelic edge that DPT sort of forgoes to do its own unique thing. I've never read any trip reports on it, but would sure love to.

If this is true, this is wonderful news to me. EPT and 4-HO-EPT are two of the only mostly unexplored psychedelics I really even have much interest in these days. I sure hope the latter shows up soon too so I can further complete my 4-sub collection.
Fantastic point, I didn't even think of the possiblilties for other substitutions it brought up! They have already sent out samples and I think there are a few reports of people really enjoying it on certian subreddits. I think they said 1A-DMT will be here this month.

.:Holy::Toast:. said:
Tryptamines and lysergamides are the only new RC's I possess any real interest in lately so this seems really interesting.
Since psychedelic phenethylamines have been mainly directed at new variations of NBOMe compounds I've kinda lost hope in the future of phen psyches.

mescaphysicality94 said:
Tryptamines and lysergamides are the only new RC's I possess any real interest in lately so this seems really interesting.

Since psychedelic phenethylamines have been mainly directed at new variations of NBOMe compounds I've kinda lost hope in the future of phen psyches.
2c-b-an seemed worthwgile even though it was a prodrug. Other 2c-x-fly chems would be interesting too. The DOx family seems to have some things making tjier way more public soon again like DOET and DOPR but those durations seem wild and I don't have time for that often these days. I do wish there were more good PEA's that were coming out as well though, too.

Kaleida said:
mescaphysicality94 said:
Fantastic point, I didn't even think of the possiblilties for other substitutions it brought up! They have already sent out samples and I think there are a few reports of people really enjoying it on certian subreddits. I think they said 1A-DMT will be here this month.

Found one of them, that is pretty interesting. It seems to reflect what I had heard about it as well, being a friendlier and more typical version of DPT in many ways. Well, I am excited to see it around! That 1A-DMT should be interesting too, particularly in terms of seeing how the research chemical scene reacts to a sudden surge of essentially technically legal, easily obtainable DMT....

And yeah, personally, the 4-substitutions are the reason I keep coming back. I am interested in trying base DMT analogues for the experience and sake of understanding more about the interrelationships between these molecules, but in my experience so far adding on that 4-HO or 4-AcO substitution consistently has increased the hallucinogenic, psychological, and emotional effects, duration, and potency and decreased the nausea and physical disorientation of each base that I have tried both types of (DMT, MiPT, DiPT, and DALT), so I rarely ever find myself desiring the base more than the 4-substitution. MiPT is the only exception some days at the moment, and it's mostly because I find it a lot more unique compared to 4-HO-MiPT than DMT, DiPT, and DALT are to their counterparts.

In relation to 4-HO-EPT though, I'm particularly interested in it because 4-HO-MPT and 4-HO-DPT are both fantastic, and yet they receive so little attention on the market compared to the 4-HO-MET, 4-HO-DET, 4-HO-MiPT, and even 4-HO-DiPT. 4-HO-MPT for me was the most LSD-like, the most ego dissolving, the most therapeutic, the most recreational, and the most visual of all of them. 4-HO-DPT was the strongest visionary psychedelic I've ever taken, producing hallucinations of a mystical-seeming nature more readily than even significant patterns or mental effects, though it has the potential to produce these things in full force with higher doses as well, and has a rather unique spectrum of visual coloring and an unusually tactile body high for a tryptamine. They both were also the longest lasting of any of the 4-substitutions for me.

So, being structurally in between the two, and also incorporating the ethyl group that seems to bring such interestingly bizarre effects to 4-HO-MET and 4-HO-DET, I can only imagine that 4-HO-EPT could turn out to be a splendidly deep and intriguing experience. Hopefully one day I will be able to find out for sure!

I completely agree with this sentiment. There are still a good number of creations of Dr. Shulgin's that I would love to try, and a few minor things that have received human trials and are using reasonable substitutions (2C-TFE comes to mind), but anything like these new derivatives hitting the market I'll probably always be too terrified to try, and they don't really seem to be particularly worthwhile from the reports anyway.

mescaphysicality94 said:
The whole 1A-DMT thing opens up the door for other simple tryptamines LIke 1A-MET or 1A-AMT even.

Kaleida said:
That's a good point too that I had not considered. MET itself is actually still on the research chemical market in a lot of places, but I've never had access to AMT myself. Personally, one I would be very excited to see in that regard would be 1A-DET. I would be so happy if that one ever made the rounds!

mescaphysicality94 said:
Kaleida said:
That's a good point too that I had not considered. MET itself is actually still on the research chemical market in a lot of places, but I've never had access to AMT myself. Personally, one I would be very excited to see in that regard would be 1A-DET. I would be so happy if that one ever made the rounds!

I had no idea MET was still around! It is probably near the top of my to try list, I see vendors with AMT from time to time, but I don't ever see any with MET these day. I assumed that I missed that train, but your post gives me hope otherwise, I will definently be keeping my eyes pealed for it. I may even ask this vendor as they specialize in indole compounds.

Kaleida said:
Oh yes, it's definitely still out there. I usually see it alongside other less widely known but potentially interesting tryptamines. Let's try not to say too much about the vendors, though.

MET is definitely very intriguing to me. I've rationed my budget towards other tryptamines instead for the last couple of years, but I really do hope to have a go with it while it's still available. That and 5-MeO-MET I've been thinking lately might have the potential to really be things I would love, so I don't want to miss my chance with either! And good luck with your goals as well.

Sadly, AMT is illegal where I am so it wouldn't do me any good, but that 1A-AMT would be pretty cool to get if it ever showed up. Until then I can only fantasize....

Xorkoth said:

I think this is just the current climate. There are a staggering array of possible phenethylamine psychedelics that have yet to be made available or explored or even synthesized, and likely whole areas we haven't even come across yet. I can't imagine that no one will ever move away from the NBOMe/NBOH/etc grouping again, that seems highly unlikely.

EPT... exciting. There have been some of the EiPT substitutions that have been made available briefly, but I haven't seen any of the EPTs.

Solipsis said:
The (5-MeO-) EiPT reports didn't sound too good but they are so scarce that it could easily be idiosyncratic. Anyway I don't react well to 5-MeO-MiPT and MiPT either, I just get uncomfortably energized and weirded out. Many other people enjoy them.

The 1A-trypt stuff isn't really on-topic but it's interesting. I actually thought of that pretty soon after 1P-LSD was announced and the obvious ALD comparisons came with it. What I wondered then, and still do now is how 1A- or 1P-DMT type trypts should be administered? With the lysergamides the 1-acyl itself is not active according to Nichols, it's doubtful they are for the tryptamines - or at least with effective potency. So, if you smoke or inject 1-acyl-DMT, does the 1-acyl fall off quickly enough for there to be a psychedelic flash before it's gobbled by MAO? Is MAO breakdown inhibited by the 1-acyl? If you must take it orally, will it be active without MAOI?

Those seem like questions that need to be answered first or found out carefully and experimentally because it may open up or close possibilities for administration as well as have consequences for duration or how dilated (and intense / bearable) the effects are.

EPT isn't easy to synth is it?... I don't really see 4-x-DPT or x-MPT or n,n-MET getting *that* much attention but they do get love. It wouldn't surprise me if they stay a niche and less economical than the known obvious symmetrically substituted ones.

(Centralized thread since it is apparently available as well as reported on)

mescaphysicality94 said:
Solipsis said:
EPT isn't easy to synth is it?... I don't really see 4-x-DPT or x-MPT or n,n-MET getting *that* much attention but they do get love. It wouldn't surprise me if they stay a niche and less economical than the known obvious symmetrically substituted ones.

(Centralized thread since it is apparently available as well as reported on)

Yeah the vendor offering it specializes in indole compounds, I hope they will be bringing in other interesting synths as well. Thus far only samples have been released but they said a larger synth is in most likely in production due the favorable response in the few reports. I hope more people who have sampled it post reports somewhere soon.

chronular said:
This is publicly available now, reports should start coming in soon

Incunabula said:
Yeah, I just saw that. I actually received a sample of this, but haven't got around to trying it yet. Hopefully I'll get around to it this weekend, and have something to report.

mescaphysicality94 said:
Cool to see this is availble once again. Any idea on possible ROA's, it says it is the hcl salt?I don't any mention dosages on the early posts I saw about the first round of samples, but my memory isn't the greatest either!

Incunabula said:
Take care, lol. this isn't like DPT at all. Well, the duration is, but it's much more potent, and subjectively it feels more like 4-ho-met imo.

I snorted it it, but I'm pretty sure it must be orally active as well. More trials coming up. It's pretty sweet so far albeit short live.

Edit:
I haven't tried this again since last, but I've given the experience some tought, and I'd like to add some detail.

I insufflated probably 1/4th of 120 mg eyeballed. I know this isn't smart thing to do with new substances, and I'm usually never that reckless, but I do know DPT quite well. At that dose snorted, it actually reminded me a lot of of maybe 30 mg DMT smoked. Just a little longer come up and duration. It didn't have that shaky stimulating feeling like DPT though, but it was more like DPT than DMT in the sense, that weren't that feeling of some kind of alien presence. It was very smooth and more potent than I'd expected. Definitely something I'll be taking again. Higher doses would definitely have to be taken at home, and I'm sure walking could become very difficult. I don't doubt this one has the power to detach you from your body.

champ said:
Excited to hear more about this one.

Especially if it is orally active or can be vaped, etc.

Anyone who has tried, please chime in!

chronular said:
I posted this on reddit but figure it should go here as well since there's so little info.

6:38pm. Plugged 80mg. Dissolved very easily and quickly in a small amount of tap water.

3 minutes to peak. It's very intense. I've never experienced a plus four but I think I've been fairly close. This would be on the higher end of the spectrum.

The weirdest part is my thought process appears to be completely unaffected. There is no obscuring of ideas, everything is immediately clear in that sense. It's almost as if it's only modulating a layer between by brain and reality that makes interacting with it stranger. It definitely is smashing up my short term memory a bit though.

Constant flow of new visuals. Never saw the same thing twice. Not even things that had similar themes. Must have gone through at least 50 different patterns and distortions.

Closed eyes is strange. It was still completely black, but space distorted rapidly into patterned shapes. I could percieve complex shapes and edges although they had no color at all. I don't think I could depict this visually. It appeared to be part of my vision but what I was seeing was not visually representable. When I opened my eyes there would be a massive influx of visual effects which quickly became less prominent.

Body high is very euphoric. It feels good and refreshing. There are mild vibrations in everything.

It makes me think as though my thought process was as if I was sober. I'm at least a little bit fucked up. But only very slightly compared to most other psychedelics. This is significantly clearer than the drugs commonly considered to be clear headed (4-HO-MET and AL-LAD come to mind).

Music sounds identical but better synchronized with my thought process. I felt notes in the song as if I had become them and reality had completely left for a few brief moments during the peak! It's easy to understand the music in a conceptual sense. It almost lets you zoom out on a time frame and capture the essence over a longer period.

Very grounded. Literally any other psychedelic would makes me feel less like myself.

The peak lasted about 30 minutes. There was then a rapid descent in intensity for another 30 minutes, followed by a much slower decline in residual visual effects. It's 10:00 now and I'm still getting slight visuals but am otherwise completely sober. I tried to go to sleep at around 9:00 because I was tired (mostly from work earlier), but couldn't.

I feel like I have a pretty good sense of where this will go at higher doses and would feel comfortable pushing it further. But now it's time for a long break...

perpetualdawn said:
Great report, thank you chronular! It sounds like a very short acting, fast onset psychedelic, really interesting. Must be a bit faster and shorter than DPT.

Can you compare it to DPT, DMT or DET, if you've tried any of those? Was there any extra body tension, or was it pretty smooth in that regard?

chronular said:
I've tried DPT a number of times before. The two things that they seem to have in common is the dosage and tremors/vibrations.

No body tension noted whatsoever. This is probably the physically nicest feeling psychedelic I've ever tried (among probably about 20).

I searched the psychedelic drug index and found 4-HO-EPT, but not plain EPT. Now it has recently surfaced on the grey market. Any experiences yet?

Last edited by a moderator:
Weird, there was definitely a B&D EPT thread but it seems to have been deleted. EPT has been around for a few years and there are some trip reports. I tried it a few times and thought it wasn't that great compared to the other simple tryptamines.

I tried it a few times and thought it wasn't that great compared to the other simple tryptamines.
Can you report a little bit more, please? Especially on dosage, form of administration and duration. Which other (simple) tryptmines you would compare it to?

The dosage and duration are similar to the other tryptamines. I think I tried it in the 15-25 mg range, snorted and vaporized in an oil burner. I've also tried DMT, MET, MPT, MiPT, MALT, DPT, and DiPT. They all share similarities but I think I would compare it most to MALT, because they both have more of a cloudy stoned mental state than a typical psychedelic headspace.

I was never able to really enjoy EPT. It was anxiogenic and I couldn't relax, and I felt uncomfortable physically. Some people who have written trip reports about it found it worthwhile though. I did like some of the visuals I saw. I got some cool color shifting, which really reminded me of LSD.

I've also tried DMT, MET, MPT, MiPT, MALT, DPT, and DiPT. They all share similarities
I find it interesting that you compare DiPT to other Tryptamines - IMHO it's very different because the effects are almost entirely auditory.

That's funny, I thought Shulgin was just exaggerating when he said the effects were mostly auditory, but I guess some people really do experience it that way. For me it's a full-on psychedelic that happens to be unusually auditory. I actually consider it to be more other-worldly than the other ones besides DMT and DPT.

That's funny, I thought Shulgin was just exaggerating when he said the effects were mostly auditory, but I guess some people really do experience it that way. For me it's a full-on psychedelic that happens to be unusually auditory. I actually consider it to be more other-worldly than the other ones besides DMT and DPT.
I have exactly one experience with DiPT at the moment, and for me, it was almoste completely auditory - in the first part of the trip. When I later on smoked Cannabis, it completely changed and grew up to a full-on psychedelic experience with open-eye visuals etc., but of course including the auditory effects. When thinking of it, I should make more experineces with that compound, this one experience happened over 10 years ago.

Last edited:
Odd, that there's no Big and Dandy EPT thread I didn't delete any links from the Index so I'm guessing we never had one. I'll make this one the one.

I haven't tried it, but Kaleida posted a great report on it: (EPT 50mg) - First Time - Total Clarity

I was pretty sure that there had been a big and dandy for it, but I isn't turn up anything with Internet Archive / Wayback Machine.

I need to spend some more time with EPT to really suss it out. I find 4-AcO-EPT to be stimulating and anxiogenic, but not EPT (at least not when vaporized.) It seems like a strange, ego-dislocating space. It's very delicate and friendly, with subtle and ephemeral visuals. I found it to be slightly deeper than MET (although I haven't pushed the dosage with MET.) I get a great low from it, but I find the space weird. It's not earthy and orgamic like the DMT subs - it feels alien, and the perspective it gives me didn't seem to reflect reality. In that sense, it's vaguely reminiscent of dissociatives in that I can't trust the insights. Unlike dissociatives, the insights seem to be positive and life-affirming even if they may be false. It may be a liar, but for me it has been a benevolent liar.

I like it better than MET (a little bit) and it's much more rich than DiPT and MiPT. It's nowhere near the intensity and majesty of DMT, nor the power and sickness of DPT. Strangely, despite my dislike of DPT, that's the one I feel like it has the closest kinship with.

I found an archive of the original EPT thread, but unfortunately it's from back when it was only one page long.

https://web.archive.org/web/20160909151035/http://bluelight.org/vb/threads/785510-The-Small-amp-Handy-N-N-ethylpropyltryptamine-(EPT)-Thread? s = c73bcb76df82f968bb2ac0bd4def8689

Delete the spaces. I had to put them in there because it wasn't letting me post the full url.

Last edited:
Thanks for finding that, I used a text editor to turn them all into quotes and put them in the first post here. So at least we have them. :)

I wonder where it went! I thought all the Small & Handy's had been bumped.

Thanks for doing that!

I thought so too. It wasn't in the Index at all so I guess that's probably why. It was just one page so we must have just missed it.

The thread had grown to 3 or 4 pages long after that archived version was made, but I don't think too much important information was lost. IIRC there were only a few people who had tried EPT who posted in it, and most of them posted about their experiences in the Trip Reports forum.

I went and tagged our grand total of 2 EPT reports in the Trip Reports section. Gave me an idea to add a link to all the tagged reports of substances in the first posts of their Big and Dandies. This link will always update as more reports and tagged.

EPT reports

Here's some other stuff I found
I haven't tried MET yet, but out of DMT, DPT, MiPT, DiPT, MALT, DALT, EPT and MPT I would second MPT being the most friendly. Second place probably goes to EPT though. I found most of the effects of EPT to have some kind of ceiling - going from 80mg to 120mg (plugged) seemed to only increase memory issues and confusion without increasing the intensity of visuals, feeling, etc.

Yeah, I definitely got the impression that pushing the dosage with EPT gets you nothing but more side effects and confusion. I've heard the same is true of its 4-substitutions

Is this a worthwhile chemical to experiment with? I have only tried DMT and MiPT as far as base tryptamines go. Having heard it described as stoning and anxiogenic kind of put me off of the idea of acquiring it but another trip report on reddit painted a completely different picture of it. Mentioning some of the stimulation and uncomfortableness of DPT but a mostly positive type of experience. I guess I am just wondering if anyone else had experimented with it enough times to form a more definitive picture of the experience as a whole (psychedelics are obviously highly variable) but it would still help a bit for me.

So my vendor just released EPT. Is this a worthwhile chem? I love tryptamines, besides 4-Aco-DMT/truffels/paddos. DPT is in my top 5 list. How is the intensity and which RoA? I can't be asked to freebase and vape. Will this be able to yield a ++++ like DPT does?