• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Chronic head pain from opiate abuse/recreational drug use

cabovan

Greenlighter
Hi,

Unfortunately I have got myself into a bit of a bind. Most of the right side of my head hurts/feels slightly off, and I believe it is due to sensitization from opiate abuse. I wouldn't call it a headache problem, although I do get headaches/migraines occasionally, I like to call it head pain because it's specific areas of my head that hurt.

Not sure if it's related, but most of the drugs I insufflated were through my right nostril, including a decent amount of prescription opiates for the past few years.

I wanted to know if anyone has experienced this or heard of this happening, and what can possibly be done to help. I feel like every drug, even stuff that is prescribed for nerve pain like Tegretol (carbamazepine) makes it worse when I start coming off it.

Thank you.

It could be a combination of a sinus headache and a headache from overusing opiates. I know if i overdo it with opiates i get a massive headache the next day.

Always rotate nostrils every time you snort something, it just prevents one side from being brutalized. Also you can wash out your nostrils with a saline solution if you want to try and prevent junk from being stuck up in there and future damage. An hour or two after you snort your DOC snort some of the saline solutions to clean out your nose.

If you don't want to buy saline solution i'm pretty sure you can make some from distilled water and table salt, just look it up online so you don't make it too strong. If it's too strong it will dry out your nose.

Everyone is going to experience withdrawal in different ways. Just like how time is relative, some people have certain symptoms that are "the worst", while another person is far more concerned about a different problem.

I, for one, have restless legs/akathisia to the N'th degree when I come off Opioids and it is without a doubt my least favorite symptom. Other folks don't really struggle with that issue. Some people vomit, some don't. I can only imagine that the head pain and the use of the drugs is related. If you're serious about the problem, get a netty pot and drain your sinuses. If that doesn't work,I would probably attribute the pain to some obscure withdrawal symptom.