• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Pissing blood/snot, any k-bladder beaters?

jhjhsdi

Bluelighter
It happened to me before a few years back but much worse, I healed it with a 4 week break from ket and 24 days on co-amoxiclav (antibiotic), 4 weeks on oxybutinyn, with naproxen, paracetamol codeine and diazepam for the pain, lots of water and sugar free cranberry juice, lemon and ginger tea with manuka honey...

Been to the doctor but she'd only give me a week of antibiotics and it didn't work I went for more and she said no just gave me the number of a drug rehabilitation place.

Anyone else had this and healed/beat it? And if so what were your methods/remedies?

I have most of the other k bladder symptoms aswel, urgency, stinging, sometimes takes ages to start flow, takes a while to end flow (dripping out at the end for way longer than it should)

The stinging, thick piss and urgency started a little while ago but it's only since I've stopped doing the k that the blood has come. 3 times now all after hard sex where I could feel my bladder was getting sore, the 3rd time 2 little black clots in the blood. Painfull to pass. No blood in my sex wee I will add.

Ah Jesus man, please, please stop doing ketamine.

The damage you are doing to yourself really can't be overstated. There have been a TON of threads on this recently and I feel like myself and others are always just repeating ourselves, so please, do yourself a favour and use the search function.

Your bladder only has a limited capacity to heal and by the sounds of it you're already passed the point of doing permanent damage - although with total abstinence from ketamine your symptoms will hopefully improve.

This is a harm reduction forum, and I really don't like to have to give "abstinence only" type advice, but really, at this point, any advice that anyone could give you other than immediate and complete cessation of ketamine use would be giving you a false sense of security, and of insignificant real benefit.

4 weeks abstinence is not enough, you need to quit for AT LEAST A YEAR, PREFERABLY FIVE YEARS, and if you do not recover fully in this time then you will likely need to quit forever if you don't want to end up getting your bladder removed.

Ketamine is a seductive drug but if you must be on something there are a lot of other drugs out there.

What's the actual mechanism behind the bladder damage? Is it avoidable at all?

I'm not sure if anyone knows for sure, but from what I've gathered, it has to do with a metabolite that is toxic. I don't think there's any way to avoid serious damage with prolonged abuse... the best ways to avoid are using ketamine sparingly and not in huge amounts, or not using it at all, unfortunately. Also, if you are binging, make sure not to hold in a full bladder, drink lots of water to dilute your urine, keep it flushing. Some people seem more susceptible than others, and it seems to be an issue that happens with all arylcyclohexylamines, not just ketamine, but ketamine's dosage is so much higher than the others that it's going to produce much more of the metabolite.

It happened to me before a few years back but much worse, I healed it with a 4 week break from ket and 24 days on co-amoxiclav (antibiotic), 4 weeks on oxybutinyn, with naproxen, paracetamol codeine and diazepam for the pain, lots of water and sugar free cranberry juice, lemon and ginger tea with manuka honey...

Just FYI, the vast majority of manuka honey is fake. In 2013, New Zealand (the only place Manuka comes from) produced approx. 1,700 tons of Manuka honey, while approx. 10,000 tons were sold world-wide.
Also, methylglyoxal, the compound responsible for much of its antimicrobial activity? Turns out that elevated methylglyoxal levels may be one of the mechanisms through which diabetic kidney disease further damages other parts of the body. So the last thing someone suffering from chronic ketamine toxicity (which harms not just the bladder but also the kidneys) would want is to ingest more methylglyoxal.

And I hate to say it, but Vastness is right.

You didn't "beat" k bladder. You may have beaten an acute infection that made your symptoms worse than normal, but you were likely already suffering from chronic bladder/kidney inflammation back then, and 4 weeks of abstinence was far from enough time to allow it to fully heal. By now, the damage to your bladder may be so severe that you could be manifesting symptoms even without a bacterial infection making things worse.

You need to start abstaining from ketamine for atleast a year (likely longer), and preferably see a professional to see how far the damage has progressed, and how to best mitigate it.

Last edited:
Any estimate on how much/often you took ketamine to end up this bad?
Ive done way to much to count the past 4years.
However i rarely do it several days in a row.
Usually id do it 1-2days tops and then a break.
Sometimes longer binges but rarely since it gets boring fast.

However the total amount ive done is probably over 100g during these years.
I strength train alot and eat/hydrate carefully.
Hopefully that have helped somewhat with clearing it faster out of my system.
I have been trying to minimise and latelly totally stop my use.

So far i havent gotten near as bad side effects as you guys but im slowly feeling my bladder taking a beating.
So far its just more frequent urination a few days after use.
But its getting slightly worse every time so i really need to end it asap.

I know the damage its done/doing and I know the only way to get better is to fully stop using, I didn't post this to be told that. Only a few months ago I was IVing loads daily now I'm down to just sniffing and not every day so in the whole -slowing down to quit or at least really moderate use so the bladder doesnt take too much more damage- scheme of things I'm doing alright.

Any estimate on how much/often you took ketamine to end up this bad?

Have taken alot in pretty much all ROAs possible for over 17 years with only 2 years clean and 1 solid month i can remember. A few years back I could do 20g a day easy, and did quite often. Now I try and stick to a g or less a day sniffed but it sometimes ends up 2 or 3 or 7 lol. I do have days/weeks off here and there for different reasons sometimes out of choice sometimes due to supply or funds etc

I was just looking for any new discoverys or methods that have been found to help manage the symptoms since I was searching the forum for such advice years back, guess no new breakthroughs then

I strength train alot and eat/hydrate carefully.
Hopefully that have helped somewhat with clearing it faster out of my system.

This. The only way I've been able to do so much and still have a bladder is you have to really fucking look after yourself health wise if you do so much K, drink a silly amount of water avoid shit drinks and shit food eat healthy sleep alot exercise as much as pos you can get away with it, nearly lol.

Been to the doctor but she'd only give me a week of antibiotics and it didn't work I went for more and she said no just gave me the number of a drug rehabilitation place.

Anyone else had this and healed/beat it? And if so what were your methods/remedies?

I have most of the other k bladder symptoms aswel, urgency, stinging, sometimes takes ages to start flow, takes a while to end flow (dripping out at the end for way longer than it should)

The stinging, thick piss and urgency started a little while ago but it's only since I've stopped doing the k that the blood has come. 3 times now all after hard sex where I could feel my bladder was getting sore, the 3rd time 2 little black clots in the blood. Painfull to pass. No blood in my sex wee I will add.

Sweet Jesus on a stick.

I'll move it there to give it a shot. I think you've gotten some good advice here, but maybe in TDS there will be people who have been in a similar situation as you.

PD -> TDS

I'll move it there to give it a shot. I think you've gotten some good advice here, but maybe in TDS there will be people who have been in a similar situation as you.

Yeah thanks mate, I didn't really post for that kind of advice although I am thankful but I've heard it all before lol. I know the risks/damage and I know ket is evil to the body if abused.

Hopefully someone here in TDS has been/is in a similar situation. Well not that I'm hoping anyone else suffers like me but you know what I mean!

I'm hoping some people here have experience... personally I don't. And as I already gave my advice earlier I've got nothing to add. But does anyone else here have experience with ketamine and bladder damage/pains?

the damage to the bladder is permanent, just because it stopped hurting doesn't mean it healed it self and you can start doing K again as if you have a fresh bladder.

I have had pain that lasted for almost 7 months straight. I can no longer eat or drink most anything i used to except very bland neutral foods or else i get horrible pain. The condition caused by ketamin is called interstitial cystitis. I though my use was moderate compared to many on here.

You are risking a lifetime of chronic pain by continuing to dabble with ketamine after having some bladder issues show up. this is not an exaggeration. stop now or be in pain for years.

if you have never experienced chronic pain. let me tell you its the only thing in this life that makes me suicidal and that I fear. Chronic pain will result in heroin use and suicide

I have had pain that lasted for almost 7 months straight. I can no longer eat or drink most anything i used to except very bland neutral foods or else i get horrible pain. The condition caused by ketamin is called interstitial cystitis. I though my use was moderate compared to many on here.

if you have never experienced chronic pain. let me tell you its the only thing in this life that makes me suicidal and that I fear. Chronic pain will result in heroin use and suicide

Cheers for the reply I guess you are/were in a similar boat to me....
How much were/are you using and how old are you if you don't mind me asking?
The interstitial cystitis is what I have. A friend of mine has it too he just had a cystopsomy (sp?) where they put a tube up his dick and because he has k bladder (shrunken, hardened bladder that can now only hold 150ml) tried to stretch it by adding 200ml of sterile fluid into it, but it made all the ulcers bleed and he had to tell them to take it out before he pissed everywhere and ran to the toilet and pissed load of blood.
I had some hard sex last night and could feel it in my bladder and right after i pissed blood and a black stringy lump :/
heroin and suicide sounds good right now tbh!!!
ever slam k and h together in the same barrel? now thats another story but oh myyy good god that is one hell of a nice rush haha. for harm reduction dont ever do this kids. its too dangerous and too nice/so addictive.

What did you/do you do to manage these pains you get I'm interested to ask???
Best regards mate

first the fun question: Yes i have slammed K+heroin, also MXE+oxy or my personal favorite MXE + hydromorphone (honestly like a 3 minute orgasm)...but now i will never touch dissociatives again.

My use included about 1-2 years of regular MXE use (maybe 1-2 grams a month). Then sporadic use of ketamine and 3meoPCP for another two years. I also used lots of other drugs...i believe kratom contributed to my IC also as it was the worst pain causing drug i've done besides dissociaitives. Alcohol is also a big contributor. I had been out of IC pain for like 3 months, then i had 3 drinks one night and i was in horrible pain again. I fully quit alcohol.

I have never pissed blood visibly or blood as never shown up on my urine test (lymphocytes i think). Are you male or female? either way sex makes it hurt more (I'm male). females have it worse from what i've read though. try having her not sit on top of you...this is the worst position for me.

Diet is super important, it has made all the difference for me either being in horrible pain or having almost no pain. You cannot have any stimulants (no caffiene, no nicotene, no stimulant drugs obviously, no psychedelics, etc) You cannot have tomato products, vingegar....look up Interstitial cystitis diet. No soda of any type. Even just one fuck up with your diet is enough to set you into weeks of pain. you have to keep to the IC diet strictly.

The best thing I have gotten relief from is amitryptiline. It is commonly prescribed for interstitial cystitis. It is an oldschool antidepressant, but it also relaxes the bladder muscles and the increase in dopamine/serotonin it causes also manages the pain. you have to be on it for a couple months before it kicks in.

The 2nd best thing is pelvic floor physical therapy (they stick their fingers up your ass and/or vagina and stretch your bladder neck out). I have had some good success with this too. Along the physical therapy lines, I noticed that after i would go diving (involves swimming with very large fins for 5-7 hours) the pain would vanish overnight. now i swim laps with fins on every single day...it has helped greatly. Either the stretching of the scissoring motion of the swimming or the endorphin release from a hard workout helps.

Sitting for long periods of time is bad for it.

youtube: Pelvic floor yoga with adrianne. This video i have experienced gains from practicing it daily.

opiates work sometimes, other times they have made it worse. Its very strange, but my success with opioids is hit or miss.

bottom line: you must quit dissociatives and stimulants and alcohol or your life will be totally ruined

Last edited:
I had part of my bladder removed after using k for a few months. Had trouble with my kidneys for some time after as well, not to mention the blood pressure issues that occurred because of it.

holy crap for just from a few months? how much were you using?

do you still have lasting pain from this ordeal or impaired function?