• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Drug Half Life Calculator v0.1 (ALPHA)

3aox

Greenlighter
Farewell, fellow bluelight users!
Not too long time ago, I decided to make a simple program, to calculate the half life of a medication, specially for this forum.

Description:
This program Drug Half Life Calculator (hereinafter DHLC), which runs offline and is light as a feather (~100KB), calculates the half life of a given substance, basing on the dose and the half life of that substance.
What's something unique, is that works completely offline and you can enter the date and/or time when you've took the substance, and it'll tell you when the main effects are gone[1], and the final time when it's completely removed from your system.

Prerequisites:
- A Windows-based personal computer (desktop, laptop, potato..., sorry Macs and Android smartphones)
- .NET Framework 4 (libraries used by DHLC are dependent on this, most modern OS come equipped with it)
- Internet connection (to download the software; otherwise you can download it on your Android/other PC and transfer it elsewhere)

I've successfully tested it in Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit and Windows XP SP3 32-bit.

Screenshot:
i13Dzib.png

User Manual:
There are 4 fields: dose, substance, half-life and date/time.

In the first field, dose, you enter the amount of substance that you've ingested in milligrams (i.e: 560mg, my usual caffeine dose). If it's in micrograms, you convert it to milligrams (divide by 1000).
Now, you either choose a pre-defined substance in the drop-down list, or enter the half-life manually. Entering data in one of these two fields, will make the other one read-only.

To make it easier, I have included some common substances and their according half-life to the list[2]. However, you can always just enter the half-life for anything else in hours you want, it'd not be a problem.
For example, if it's 10 hours, you enter simply 10. If it's in minutes, i.e 45 minutes, you divide it by /60 and enter the value (in this case, 45/60=0.75, so 0.75 is the value you should enter).

In the date/time field, you pick date (today, or any other day, month, year) plus you set up the time, precisely with minutes.
You press the button 'Calculate' and results are immediately printed in the box below. Afterwards, you can click 'Clear' to clear up all the entered data, to make it able to accept new calculations.

Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/049jiil6g547upd/DHLC.zip/file
(Hosted by MediaFire)

Virus Scan Results

Changelog:
Code:
[v.1.1] - New GUI & fixes [25/09/18]:
- [B]New: [/B]a completely new GUI (read: design). It's a smooth, slick and a dark themed app now!
- [B]Fixed: [/B]still exception could be thrown in the new design, so implemented another algorithm of validating data.
- [B]Changed: [/B]carisoprodol has been switched with codeine
[B]Please update within the app.[/B]

[v1.0] - Major release [24/09/18]:
- [B]Added [/B]an auto-updating module. Nowadays, after I release any update, you can click 'Check for Updates' button, 
and it'll tell you if there's a new version available, and requests your permission to download and self-extract.
- [B]Improved[/B]: 'dose' and 'half-life' fields can now only accept numbers and only one decimal point;
- [B]Fixed[/B]: removed ability to type in 'substance' field, to prevent returning null values if written substance 
wasn't in the list or if was written [I]slightly [/I]different from current DB.

[v0.1] - Initial release [21/09/18].
Since is the first initial release, please do not expect a perfect bug-free software.
If you occur into any bug, please send me a PM with technical details, so I can reproduce the problem and try to fix it.
Are you a developer, and/or you'd like to contribute to this in any way? Great! I'll welcome you with open arms, hit me up.

For any inquiry, suggestion, critic, question, compliment or anything else in regard with DHLC, please do not hesitate to express freely.

Footnotes:
[1] - Do not confuse the duration of action with half life. Some substances, after reaching their first half-life, the main effects wear off (caffeine, for example) but for some others, diazepam, the mean half-life is 50, but duration of action is 4-6 hours.

[2] - The half life of most common substances are retrieved mainly from Wikipedia. Usually, it was taken the "approximately X hours" when available, so the most definitive one. If there was a range, for example, 10-20 hours, then the average mean of this was taken (10+20=30, 30/2=15) so 15 hours.
Keep in mind genetic, metabolic differences!

Last edited: