• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Kratom Options?

MrBaconHawk

Bluelighter
I've tried many things including ridiculous amounts of Morphine / Hydromorphone in the ER for back pain. Oxycodone, Valium, etc etc. Haven't had any success or real relief. Just tried an 8oz bottle of OPMS Kratom Liquid Extract and thought it also had no effect. 20 minutes, nothing. 50 minutes, nothing. Then probably an hour and some time after I felt a bit of dizziness that lasted for maybe 20 minutes and went away. No other effect other than that... But then I went to lay down in bed a couple hours after taking it... And my back is not in pain at all. That's not a thing for me. Like, typically I'm grunting and trying to shakily lie down slowly, and if I straighten my back, I get a lot of tension and pain and it takes a considerable amount of time to consider getting to sleep. I often sleep MAYBE 3-4 hours a night if at all. I am currently laying down and not hurting on my lower back (although my shoulder feels a little tiny bit painful but not much).

So long story short, Kratom is legal in Utah. But this Liquid Extract stuff is probably expensive (was given to me so I don't know cost) and it tastes REALLY bad. Is there any cheap, effective ways to get a high dose of this stuff in my state? I'm amazed I even had a reaction to it, I will often sit in an ER for hours getting pumped with Opiates and have no effect. But this Kratom seems to have done something different, not sure how, regardless, I don't know how to get more cheaply and without that terrible taste. I'm likely going to want to take it near the end of my work shift when the Adderall medicine is ending its effectiveness.

Thanks.

What was the strength of the extract? You might be able to get away with dosing powdered leaf, id suggest you try that as the powdered leaf can be very cheap.

I've taken up to 40 grams of powdered leaf a day without any distressing side effects. I obviously had to work up to that dose but it's definitely possible to dose high with plain leaf, start out with 5 grams of powdered leaf in a dose and see how you feel.

Work your way up from that initial 5 grams, it's going to be trial and error but it won't drain your bank account as fast as the extract. You also have to be aware of the possibility that the extract you got had an RC opioid as the main ingredient instead of actual kratom extract, either way the extract isn't practical in the long term.

<No price discussion> Still very very doable if we're talking about an actual real solution to my back pain, even if it's just pills or powder helping me.

Also, can I pack this in 1g capsules for simple storage and to take some a half hour before I leave work or so? That way, after an hour it should work.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah you can put them in capsules for storage, i wouldn't keep them there for too long as mold might become a problem but capping your weekly supply shouldn't cause an issue.

Yeah you can put them in capsules for storage, i wouldn't keep them there for too long as mold might become a problem but capping your weekly supply shouldn't cause an issue.

This is a good option. I've made capsules of stuff plenty of times to avoid poor taste. Are you implying that the Kratom actually had a positive, pain-killing effect, or did you just "get dizzy"? This is pretty important. Also, are you implying that you are essentially immune to the effects of the other Opioids? There are such individuals in which exogenous Opioids have little to no effect. I would suggest doing some digging if I were you.

If Opioids are not (Kratom is essentially Opioid in effect) on the table, then you have really got to come up with something a little bit better for your pain. There are other options out there.

This is a good option. I've made capsules of stuff plenty of times to avoid poor taste. Are you implying that the Kratom actually had a positive, pain-killing effect, or did you just "get dizzy"? This is pretty important. Also, are you implying that you are essentially immune to the effects of the other Opioids? There are such individuals in which exogenous Opioids have little to no effect. I would suggest doing some digging if I were you.

If Opioids are not (Kratom is essentially Opioid in effect) on the table, then you have really got to come up with something a little bit better for your pain. There are other options out there.

Im curious what other options you're talking about, I tried a Marijuana-based tea that was supposed to be pretty strong with no effect. Opioids haven't really ever had an effect, I've seen the research about opioid immunity. What's really curious is that Kratom seemed to actually function. Given, it did take a good amount of longer time to kick in, and a pretty concentrated Liquid Extract, but it seemed to have worked. Just wondering how I can continue to test Kratom to ensure it wasn't just a fluke or what other options I ha e from there if it doesn't end up panning out. Let me know!

Well if kratom works for your pain and you can tolerate it i don't see a problem with it. If you are seriously comsidering kratom make sure you get your liver function tested by your doctor shortly after starting. There have been reports of people getting serious liver damage after only using kratom for a very short period of time, its rare but definitely not something to be overlooked. The jury is still out though on the long term effects of high dose kratom so just be aware of that.