• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Attempting to manage wd w bup patch

Meowmix6

Greenlighter
Honestly, I'm not sure what I'm doing besides trying to give my body break from Roxy. I have a very high tolerance and I'm tired of constant worry about if I have enough or not... Acquired two 10mcg bio patches. Never tried a sub. Never tried methadone. I was honestly shocked at the fact I've stopped oral oxy dosage and jumped to the patch. This is day 6 and I have some wd symptoms but nothing like cold turkey. I've been reading like crazy and remain conflicted. I have two weeks until I go to the pm Dr (I'm doing this alone, not with my Dr). Read about the incredibly long half life etc. I am to the point where I change to the other patch. I don't want to mess up my ua. I've found a decent Dr but I needed to know that physically and mentally and FINANCIALLY I can go without. Someone please tell me how long I should give myself to get this out of my system? Should I do the other patch or no? I've got one friend I can talk to but don't know anyone on the patch. And again, not sure about this... Kinda want to cut my patch or save it but I'm not all there rn, SOOOOO foggy upstairs.

IMHO, Methadone from Roxi would be like jumping from the fry pan to the fire. Methadone was the worst withdrawal I ever had, it was terrible. Sounds to me like you are doing great man, I'd say keep it up. I went from a big oxy habit to one 50mcg. Fent patch every two days a couple months ago and it's working out great. Just not having that bottle of pills calling my name every couple hours is nice. You will feel great as the fog clears, even if you do have some jonesing. I'd say keep it up, and check in here as I'd like to know how it works out for you.