View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Taste of LSD

xopies

Greenlighter
I heard that LSD should be tasteless or slightly metallic.

However, ink also has a slight bitter taste.

So, is it okay if my acid has a slight bitter taste?

A very slight bitter is ok. I've had tasteless blotter for years (mostly white on white go figure, but some perf'd ink blotter too) until last year I put a hit in my mouth and got the slightest bitter taste and freaked out.

Thing is this... It tested as LSD, it felt identical to LSD, and it was from the same family man I'd been getting from for years. After reading a multi page thread on shroomery I've concluded LSD can be very slightly bitter based on the ink used.

To make things more strange I've had these same blotters vary from bitter to tasteless depending on the day...

If we look at the two most common LSD substitutes, the NBomes and DOx class of drugs, we see both are more than "slightly" bitter.

I still prefer tasteless LSD though and despite the fact I know some can have a slight bitterness I trust what I'm familiar with.

Never gotten that metallic taste, I've always heard that's associated with impurities.

-GC

A bitter taste in my view should be a warning sign of an nBOMe, or something else that is not LSD.

You should really be testing your acid anyway unless you really trust the source (and I don't mean you just got it from a trusted friend who swears it's LSD - most people don't know what they're taking). However if you just can't be bothered, don't know how and can't be bothered to find out, or for some other reason are just dead set on not testing, and aren't too concerned with taking an unknown hallucinogen as long as you get some kind of trip from it... then just err on the side of caution and don't drop like a 10 strip your first time or anything stupid like that (just take ONE at most).

I've never personally had acid that tasted of anything other than paper but apparently some people have, and maybe some people have more sensitive taste buds than I. Keep in mind that it's typically going to be a very small amount of ink on the blotter - if it's just a VERY, VERY slight bitterness then maybe it's OK... if it's numbing, tingling, or you get ANY other weird sensations other than just taste then I would say there's a high probability that you do not have real acid.

^^ DOXs taste distinctly bitter, as does 5-MeO-AMT (not that you're likely to ever see that these days), and NBOMes taste very strongly bitter and numb the mouth. So a very slight bitterness can be attributed to ink and I wouldn't worry about it. Although of course it's always best to test your blotters.

slight bitterness can be dirt,
DOX and other phens have distinct bitternesses
NBOME is not simply bitter it is mouth-NUMBING tongue-TINGLING AND Bitter, the numbing increases over a couple of minutes.

LSD just tastes of the world.

It tastes like nothing. If it has a serious "taste" to it. You've got something else.

Yes, agreed, pure LSD has no taste, or sometimes people report a sort of almost feeling-like metallic aftertaste. Blotter can taste slighty bitter (slightly) due to the ink or the paper itself, even if it has no drugs on it.

I've never noticed much of a taste honestly w/ LSD.
DOx on the other hand most definetly bitter.
Nbome compounds scare me i collected but never took.

I've eaten LSD for 15yrs now and it was all tasteless until abatch I got last summer. With that said, that batch was from the same guy I'd known for many years, it tested legit on the Elhrich, and it felt identical to LSD. All known substitutes have a stronger distinct bitter taste. I doubt my guy I've known for years, who's a family man, would sell me some fake shit. And if he did then it must've been a lysergamide analog, but I doubt that as well.

Ink can taste bitter but it has to be slight, so slight sometimes certain people don't even notice.

On a side note just got some hoffmanns that reacted so strongly I'm actually scared lol.

-GC

I've had real LSD that tasted pretty bitter to me. People usually blame it on the ink. My theory is that the blotter was laid using denatured alcohol that contained a bitterant.

IMO LSD has no taste but damn every time I put it in my mouth I have this intense ?pucker? feeling (best way I can describe it) and almost makes me sick. Not sour or bitter, just like an energy/electric feel where it?s like putting a warhead in your mouth but it?s not actually sour.

Really weird but I get the same thing with mushrooms as well except those have an actual taste obviously

I strongly recommend testing your black market LSD. Either buy a test kit, or better yet, send it to a lab. It's extra safety and peace of mind.

Always get a test kit. That said I've had tasteless and slightly bitter (even in liquid). All of it tested as LSD-25, I test every new batch I get. I've always assumed it was either the ink on the blotter or something in the liquid that gave it a slight taste. Even when I got some that was slightly bitter it was just that: slight. If you've ever had a bitter RC you know the difference right off.

Those who had read pihkal surely remember that quote. "Slightly bitter". That's what lsd tastes like!