• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Clonidine .1mg tablets. Injecting?

Spiffy216

Greenlighter
Just wondering if anyone had any input on injecting Clonidine 0.1mg pills. Yes/No? Good/Bad? Is rxed for anxiety.

Why in the world would you want to inject clonidine? I mean, I would guess you are an addict in WD, and your needle itch is acting up, but pop a clonidine and shoot some water if that's what it takes before you damage yourself. If that's not the case then just forget this dumb idea.

Don't encourage him, there is nothing to be gleaned from this, if anything it would kick in a little sooner, that is all.

I was just wondering if anyone ever did it and if it caused a high. I didn't do it and I'm not going to lol. Thanks.

You should most definitely not be thinking about injecting Clonidine (Catapres). You have an obsession with injection that you need to deal with. It's not uncommon for folks to want to attempt to inject every drug they've ever used, but when you inject pills or anything for that matter, you take a major risk with your health. You're correct in using it for anxiety. It's actually a pretty effective little pill when you're dealing with minor anxiety; pounding heart, tight chest, fidgeting... it's great for that.

It's not ever going to be as effective as something like a Benzodiazepine, but, should you combine the usage of this drug with other, more holistic methods of anxiolysis, like deep-breathing for instance, it can be a great adjunct.

Do not inject it. I'm not in support of that idea. Use it as prescribed and do your best to reap the benefits the drug provides. I believe that, although still pretty common, Clonidine is not prescribed enough for this purpose.

^ Yes

Iv clonidine, is, all due respect silly, and quite possibly dangerous - you need to get over the needle fixation

I was going to close, this, however you may be doing something dangerous, and my Lieutenant left it open, so let?s jeep a track for now

Swriously, value your health, bd use clonidine as prescribing (Didn?t care for it much, though I am pprwntly an exception Luck/Lorne