View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Is this k cramps? Or organ damage ?

Leek123

Greenlighter
For the last 3 months, I?ve been heavily using ketamine. About a gram a day with only a couple day breaks in between. I?m working on stopping my usage and only using when going out etc. My only worry at the moment is that Im in a fair amount of pain. On two occasions, I?ve had pain in my upper right abdomen but the most pressing pain is in my lower back which seems to move about left and right side, up and down and sometimes comes round the front too. This has been almost every day for about 3 weeks now. I went to the walk in Center (which is like an emergency doctors but not quite A&E) and they said I didn?t have any kind of infection and sent me on my way. I?m anxious that I?ve done permenant or severe damage to my body. I?m contemplating going A&E, but the thought of having to admit that I?ve been doing drugs every day to someone who isn?t myself is too daunting.
does anyone have any similar experiences? Or offer any words of wisdom

This is from Ketamine.com.
http://ketamine.com/ketamine-effects/12-reasons-why-high-doses-of-ketamine-are-a-mistake/

I can't vouch for the site - it looks like a "just say no brigade" job - but they must've got the idea somewhere!

3. You can Experience Severe Abdominal Pain when coming Down
High doses of ketamine can cause long-term physical and psychological damage.
Severe abdominal pain and cramping are an aftereffect of ketamine. It is said that the higher the dose of the drug the more intense the pain is.

It's not an either/or thing. K cramps are just the name people give to various manifestations of harm to your organs.

Remember it's not normal to be able to feel your internal organs, so by the time you start to feel something it's usually a safe bet that some damage has happened or is in the process of happening.

The prevailing theory at present is that K cramps in most cases involve complications with the bile duct and the gall bladder, but this is by no means the only possibility, ketamine is really quite damaging to a whole range of organs, you already know this I'm sure but the doses you are using are not safe and you are in danger of serious and lasting complications.

Chronic biliary colic associated with ketamine abuse - woman presents with rare case of Acalculous Cholecystitis:
The condition causes approximately 5-10% of all cases of acute cholecystitis and is usually associated with more serious morbidity and higher mortality rates than calculous cholecystitis.Acalculous cholecystitis is an inflammatory disease of the gallbladder without evidence of gallstones or cystic duct obstruction [1, 2] ; it is a severe illness that is a complication of various other medical or surgical conditions. Duncan first recognized it in 1844 when a fatal case of acalculous cholecystitis complicating an incarcerated hernia was reported. The condition causes approximately 5-10% of all cases of acute cholecystitis and is usually associated with more serious morbidity and higher mortality rates than calculous cholecystitis.

Frequent Ketamine Use and Gastrointestinal, Liver and Biliary Sequelae
Colicky epigastric / abdominal discomfort in ketamine users, known as "K-cramps", has been reported in 33.3% of frequent ketamine users, and is the second-most common symptom of presentation (21%) among ketamine users in the emergency department. Nonetheless, the underlying etiology resulting in this abdominal discomfort remains poorly defined. A possible etiology is intestinal motility disorders, since ketamine interferes with gastric motility. Another possible cause could be ketamine-related Colicky epigastric / abdominal discomfort in ketamine users, known as "K-cramps", has been reported in 33.3% of frequent ketamine users, and is the second-most common symptom of presentation (21%) among ketamine users in the emergency department . Nonetheless, the underlying etiology resulting in this abdominal discomfort remains poorly defined. A possible etiology is intestinal motility disorders, since ketamine interferes with gastric motility. Another possible cause could be ketamine-related cholangiopathy [Bile duct disease caused by damage to the bile duct], which has been described in both Asia and Western countries. Another possible cause could be ketamine-related liver dysfunction, which is seen in 16% of ketamine users. Chronic ketamine hepatotoxicity is associated with mitochondrial liver injury , and could result in bridging liver fibrosis.

Cholestasis and biliary dilatation associated with chronic ketamine abuse: A case series

That last study is a fairly harrowing read about 3 young ketamine users who presented with serious symptoms but were still unable to stay away. The researchers do state at the end that they believe biliary abnormalities to be reversible with abstinence, but there are unexplained complicating factors in at least 1 patient and the persistence of the hepatotoxic, nephrotoxic and bladder-toxic effects are not studied. The liver especially is an extremely regenerative organ but even that only has a limited capacity to regenerate if you push it too far.

In summary anyway, yes, you are experiencing K cramps, and yes this is HIGHLY LIKELY to be an indicator of organ damage, or at the very least IMMINENT organ damage. Ketamine really is a very harmful substance when abused.

Cutting down as you have described is not enough - if you need to be high on something, please, please for your own sake try to substitute it with a less damaging substance. I know it's hard man and I know what a seductive drug Ketamine is but it's leading you down a dark, dark road.

We get a lot of people posting here about "K cramps". People have had permanent and very serious damage to the bladder, and/or to the kidneys, from chronic usage. It generally only happens with chronic high-dose usage but sometimes (once recently in fact) people post about even very moderate ketamine usage causing issues. Ketamine is quite a safe drug if used very sporadically, but as a drug of abuse, it is far from benign.

Wait til LucidSDreamer sees this thread man, the guys had it rough from ketamine damage. I know people personally who've gone through it. I suggest stopping yesterday.

-GC

If your dealer is somewhat of your friend then ask him to limit your supply at least.
Tell him about your issues and that you are going to get in serious danger if you keep uppdaterad your habit.
I source mine from a friend and he limits my supply when needed.
That way i wont even ask after a binge.
So i limit my intake to once or tvice per month that way.