• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

The Official Sober Motivation and General Happy Feels Thread

That's another recovery motivator: Stories With Happy Endings!

Thanks, DDB209.

Peace&Love,
jasper

​I intend to live forever. So far, so good. -- Steven Wright

LHL, the two of you look fantastic. Me, not so much at the moment. I had an alcohol/Ambien fuled argument with a nightstand. That freaky shit you hear people do on Ambien, it's usually when they've been mixing it with something else. Only use Ambien, or take a pass on the other stuff. Learned my lesson with that the hard way.

I've always liked cats too. Here is my old wiener Leia (ex kept her) and my cat Booger (he had a big black spot on his nose) which was killed by the asshole dog my ex brought home. I was really bothered by that. She always rode my ass to be sure the dog can never get to the cats and it's her fuckup that caused it. He was a great cat and 16 when he died, so a lot of my life with him way predated her. And instead of feeling bad about what happened, she then suggested it would be a good time for me to leave since she was having me court ordered out of the house.

deo6iq.jpg

I'm in a friends wedding here in a few months. I wish them the best but I'm cynical. I sure as hell wouldn't do it again.

Last edited:
^ Love it! I had a cat that would do the same thing.

Sonny always enjoys the kisses from his "girlfriend" Emma (a 5 lb. chihuahua) ;)

24x18n9.jpg

Chinese Tonic Herbs.

Life saver for me.

A stunning line-up arrives next week. I will admit since I have been dead broke for years now they are gifted to me by family. I do not know where I would be without them, probably dead in a ditch.

Edit: I also just started a job so hopefully I can now start paying family back! Great place to work. I mean friendly people and easy work for the most part other than crazy holiday hours. Hopefully will offer room for advancement and then I can really start digging into a career and leave this damn garbage addiction in the past for good as I WILL BE EMPOWERED.

Hell yeah, Save! A new job is AWESOME! (not to mention a huge step in your recovery!)

Thanks for reminding me of this thread. I didn't intend for this to become a "dog" thread, but my dog and I have begun holding each other at night now that I finally broke down and let him start sleeping in my bed. It's amazing. :)

Fireplaces
Eggnog
Thunder and lightning
Fresh-baked cookies
Warm socks
Smiles
Hugs

Peace&Love,
jasper

"Livin' on TUMS, vitamin E, and Rogaine..." -- The Grateful Not Dead Yet

Warm fuzzy socks for sure! Drinking some hot apple cider around a campfire with friends. Had some of those things this past weekend and they were lovely!

Sounds great!

I love the woods in the...

Spring
Summer
Fall
Winter

Peace&Love,
jasper

I'm going to try and post a pic of my dear Nala. She was a rescue in the most literal meaning- we stole her from a dope/trap house when we knew no one would be there because she was malnourished and neglected. She has been the BEST dog ever since, she is super hyper and still had tummy issues do to being malnurshied at such a young age. But she loves us and I trust her FULLY with our 11 & 5 year old sons

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MGDLc30JZ1y_t6Rj4fXKItKLSKdocG7B/view?usp=drivesdk

Hey LH!!! I'm hanging in there! Trying to be more active on the threads so i can work up the nerve to start my own recovery thread! Maybe one day...maybe...lol :)