• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Xanax .5mg tablets...need advice

Benson1990

Greenlighter
So I've come into some Xanax and I'm wondering what dose I should start with, also is there much of a high from xanax? Is there much euphoria?

I know it's sedating so will it just turn me into a vegetable? I have nothing ahead of me for the rest of the week so I can experiment.

Well for starters there's no such thing as a 500mg xanax tablet, if there was then i bet we'd see much more benzo blackouts and benzo overdoses. You're probably talking about the .5mg football tablets, i'd suggest typing the pill markings up on google and making sure you have what you think you have.

If it does turn out you have .5mg pills then start with taking just one. Xanax really isn't much of a recreational drug, if you have anxiety it will help with that, and if you have trouble sleeping it will help with that but any fun to be had with them is highly subjective.

The effects are also subjective, it might turn you into a zombie or it might turn you into an uncontrollable socialite, no one can say for sure.

Sorry I misspelled, its 500mcg, not 500mg, I have the right stuff just misspelled.

So Alprazolam come in strengths of .25, .5, 1 mg and 2 mg. Is it safe to assume that you have .5 or half a milligram? Also, are you saying that you have 500 tablets? That's quite a lot so you want to go easy with these!

For starters, it's good that you have nothing big going on this week. There is a good chance that you will become sleepy on Xanax. Even if you don't, do not plan to operate heavy machinery or drive your car while taking this drug.

I am also concerned with a large amount of Xanax, that you might start using them daily or increasing your intake. This class of drug, benzodiazepines can be habit-forming so you need to be aware of the dangers of self medicating. Start low and you can gauge how you react to them and don't eat them like candy! When it comes to drugs, be aware and learn your limits.

So anyway here's my experience, I started off as suggested with one .5 - I didn't feel anything so I then took two more .5's. Nothing major to report, it did relax me a bit and make me sleepy, I did fall asleep but woke up a few hours later, I was very groggy and when I got up I ate a load of junk food and some sandwiches, I tried going back to sleep but it was broken sleep with some very weird dreams.

Anyway that was the first try, today I took two .5's and an hour or so later took two more - nothing. No sleepiness, tiredness, relaxation - nothing.

Im wondering if my weight has anything to do with its lack of effect on me, I,m 5 ft 10 inches tall and weigh round 230 lbs.

I think it's more to do with the fact that benzos really aren't that exciting. All they really do is kill anxiety and unless you have a panic disorder or serious anxiety issues they are going to cause much of a consciousness shift.

500mcg is equipotent to .5mg. There are 1,000mcg in one Milligram (Mg)

The Benzodiazepines are not typically, initially labelled as overtly euphoric substances for the majority of people. They are excellent at their intended purpose. Anxiolysis, sedation and stuff like that are typical effects. There's a paradox in that it is very common for users to not understand or properly perceive how intoxicated they are. They have a numbing effect in which they blunt emotion, your senses and everything.

For some people, this is a very euphoric experience indeed. Some people struggle with crippling anxiety that when it's taken out of the picture for a moment, they feel "normal". Otherwise, they are not drugs that are typically used for anything other than sedating yourself after using other drugs (stimulants), for hypnosis, sedation/anxiolysis or, if you're outside, for upping your overall likelihood of police encounter.

I don't usually like a lot of threads dedicated to getting or staying high, but I always try to leave threads open in which new users of Benzodiazepines have questions. I feel that they can be quite dangerous and advice is required to not do stupid shit.

Heh, 500mg xanax tablets, Definitely not a keeper (this thread). But the deletion of this forum is kind of strange, if one was to create a forum like bluelight, I think this one would be there on opening day, but what do I know...

We're only pruning some of the old stuff mate.

Fixed the title for ya man. I never really found xanax to be enjoyable, just made me feel stupid.