• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Fentanyl help

Tryn2findAbalnce43

Greenlighter
Hey all,
I?ve consulted on here but did not get any response from the fentanyl megathread.
I am new here so maybe I did something wrong.
I have been using fentanyl for almost 2 weeks now, I had total 2 50mcg patches in which I had been cutting down to approx 6mcg peices (1/8th of patch). I would gum these placing them buccaly in my mouth for about an hour around 3 times a day.
taking account for the MED conversion one 6mcg patch in totality is supposedly equal to around 30mg morphine. This being the case that all 100% of the fentanyl is absorbed at once. As well taking account the low biovalibility for buccal fentanyl is around 50-60% according to my research.
my question is, should I expect to have withdrawal from this lower dose for a short period of time?
And will it be as bad as I have been reading and dreading?
Also if my calculations are wrong here in regards to the equivalent dose, someone please correct me and put me on the right track.
I have approx 3 more peices of 6mcg before I?m out and I am curious as to what the best way to taper these last 3 doses will be to minimize any withdrawal if any is to be expected?
any input will be greatly appreciated!

The withdrawl from a dosage pattern like that shouldn't be to harsh. If you could get ahold of some Gabapentin it could help smooth it out. As far as tapering goes id take 2 of the pieces tommorow and the last day just one 6mcg piece. The Half-Life is really short so any withdrawl symptoms will disappear after a few days.

Hope this helps, you'll be okay :)

The withdrawl from a dosage pattern like that shouldn't be to harsh. If you could get ahold of some Gabapentin it could help smooth it out. As far as tapering goes id take 2 of the pieces tommorow and the last day just one 6mcg piece. The Half-Life is really short so any withdrawl symptoms will disappear after a few days.

Hope this helps, you'll be okay :)

Muddy Glow, Thank you for your response. this does help and also puts some worry i had to rest.
I do have a sample pack of lyrica 50mg capsules around 25 pills i think. would this benefit me the same as gabepentin?
if so how much should i take if i begin to feel any withdrawal?
Im gonna do that exact taper you mentioned

That Lyrica will be perfect, its pretty much just a better version of Gabapentin. You'll be good, just take one of the Lyrica pills and see how you feel after an hour than take another. They feel much stronger than Nuerontin and i get pretty noticable effects from a single capsule. Work your way up to like 300mgs.

Since you have no tolerance to it that drug will work wonders, hope this puts your mind further at ease. Just dose them slowly so you have them for 4 days after your last fentanyl dose.

Opioids
Anecdotal reports[18] exist of successful discontinuation of opioid use by supplementing with pregabalin

https://psychonautwiki.org/wiki/Pregabalin

Read this page okay.

Last edited:
That Lyrica will be perfect, its pretty much just a better version of Gabapentin. You'll be good, just take one of the Lyrica pills and see how you feel after an hour than take another. They feel much stronger than Nuerontin and i get pretty noticable effects from a single capsule. Work your way up to like 200mgs.

Since you have no tolerance to it that drug will work wonders, hope this puts your mind further at ease. Just dose them slowly so you have them for 4 days after your last fentanyl dose.

okay perfect, that is exactly what i will do.
This helps me tremendously, i never really thought to utilize that lyrica for this purpose.
Thank you much for your input, this has given me some peace today hearing that. i was starting to get really anxious about the whole situation.
I will post an update with how things go once i finish my last dose.

Your welcome, definetly let us know how it goes. You'll get past this easily and since you'll be taking the Lyrica it shouldn't effect your day to day life drastically. Try to eat healthy and drink alot of fluids. I've been in your boat many times and its only temporary.

Stay postive, i like to smoke weed when I'm dope sick.
Helps get rid of nausea, so does tea made out of fresh ginger, chew on all the chunks and it fixes an upset stomach quickly.

Your welcome, definetly let us know how it goes. You'll get past this easily and since you'll be taking the Lyrica it shouldn't effect your day to day life drastically. Try to eat healthy and drink alot of fluids. I've been in your boat many times and its only temporary.Stay postive, i like to smoke weed when I'm dope sick.Helps get rid of nausea, so does tea made out of fresh ginger, chew on all the chunks and it fixes an upset stomach quickly.
Hey Muddy Glow, its been a few weeks but wanted to update you. Coming off that and utilizing lyrica has been a piece of cake! few days of lethargy and depression around 4-5 days tops. Nothing where i couldn't go to my full time job and work a full 8 hours. I have been utilizing lyrica 100mg every night since to aid in sleep. i am to the point now where i am a bit worried and want to plan to get off lyrica. i have been having some side affects im just a little unsure about. During the afternoon and evening hours my vision seems to get harder to concentrate on stuff. i will usually have to close one eye to focus on anything close to me ie. My phone. As well as I've seemed to develop some darkish circles around my eyes. Could these be possible side affects of the 100mg Lyrica every night??Also I have been dealing with some severe constipation and distention abdominally. Which is weird cause usually being on opiates causes that, but when i was on it i was fairly regular. And now that im off i can't seem to have any luck whatsoever. I already take a prescription Linzess for IBS-C which usually works within minutes. but the past 2 weeks hasn't worked at all.. Could this be possible affects of detox? Or maybe the Lyrica?Any and all input on this would be greatly appreciated!