Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

defqon1 music festival

maddyboy

Bluelighter
Does anyone have any info on the overdoses that happened there over the weekend?

None of the articles I read specified a particular drug which caused the overdoses. Based on the focus of the articles I saw, I think they are suspected to be ecstasy/MDMA related, but I could be wrong.

The government really hates the idea of pill testing at these events,
I just don't get it, doesn't letting young people die send a far worse message?

I went to DQ1, had a great time. The sheer amount of people was pretty chaotic, but I went to Tomorrowland in 2015 so I've seen and experienced worse.

The dumb thing I found at the gig was that there was drug testing INSIDE the venue (next to the first aid tent that was closer to the entrance, just over the bridge).

...which meant you had to smuggle your gear into the festival before you can utilize it.

To top this all off, there were reports that police were hanging around and/or watching people enter/leave the testing tent, which would deter people from using their facilities in the first place.

I really hope the politics surrounding the issue give way too the harm reduction factor some day soon. Its geting rediculous. But knowing our politics I wont hold my breath.