• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How much DXM to get mildly high?

cowardescent

Bluelighter
I'll be getting a few bob and having tried opiates, benzos etc. but this time, I'd like to try something more "psychedelic-ish". I live in Ireland where Robitussin contains the active ingredient dextromethorphan at 7.5mg/5ml which means that in a 100ml bottle, the total content of dxm is 187.5mg.

Is this enough or too much? I've been having some stomach issue after drinking 3/4 of a bottle of white wine on the weekend in a short span of time so I don't want to further exacerbate the problem since I've heard that DXM in high doses causes nausea/vomiting. Would it be best to buy it only with an anti-emetic?

Should I bother buying it if the dose won't be high enough to be recreational? Might just go for Nurofen Plus and get a 300mg codeine high for ?8-10.

Do not drink alcohol on dex, ive done this before, you will end up having a seizure

Last edited:
just do mushrooms, around .5 of a gram at the start... I have never taken the "correct" small dose of dex, its really hard to measure how much your actually taking, if you take dex you should actually wait, i've also never met someone who "liked" dex, they just needed to get high on something, theres no hallucinations, (other than when you take too much and you close your eyes, you'll see something like you typing on a computer, you might believe you are and wake up and find yourself in bed its not very cool though) I don't recommend dissociatives for anyone, they are all very habit forming. Think steve jobs thought cough syrup was a good hallucinogen? No, he blamed acid on success, this drug causes no success

and theres a calculator, to answer your question. Thought I'd try to convince you not to take dex first though. type DXM calculator.. Its not very accurate. people usually drink as much of the bottle as they can. Stay safe -The Dragon

Sounds like you're right around the correct dosage for a first time use.

I remember watching a TV show and feeling like i was actually in the show. I also felt like i was melting into my couch, but not just in a joking sort of a way, literally melting into it. And there's actually a nice afterglow, if i remember correctly. Enjoy!

My first time I took 354mg of dxm - one bottle of Robotussin Long Acting Cough syrup - unfortunately I don't think they make the syrup anymore and the gel pills don't hit as strong to me. Then I moved up to two bottles, then eventually three. I definitely wouldn't suggest doing two or three on anyone's first time though - that's 700ish - 1000ish mg of dxm. I'm pretty sure I was building a tolerance too. But I'm also the type that wants to feel anything I do as strong and a powerful as I possibly can without killing myself. As a teenager I was always the one wanting to smoke another bowl, and another, and another, while everyone else was good. ?

I would say 250-300 mg. You will get nice music appreciation and a slight high with no big crash

I'll be getting a few bob and having tried opiates, benzos etc. but this time, I'd like to try something more "psychedelic-ish". I live in Ireland where Robitussin contains the active ingredient dextromethorphan at 7.5mg/5ml which means that in a 100ml bottle, the total content of dxm is 187.5mg.

Is this enough or too much? I've been having some stomach issue after drinking 3/4 of a bottle of white wine on the weekend in a short span of time so I don't want to further exacerbate the problem since I've heard that DXM in high doses causes nausea/vomiting. Would it be best to buy it only with an anti-emetic?

Should I bother buying it if the dose won't be high enough to be recreational? Might just go for Nurofen Plus and get a 300mg codeine high for ?8-10.

I think I had 200mg my first time and got it just right for first-time dosing. I'm only 107lb though, so if you're over 200 you'll probably need like 350mg.
Basically, I think 2mg per lb of body weight is definitely the right way to do it.

Just a quick search and just is what's recommended over most sites:

Dose
Recreational

Oral

Light: 100 – 250 mg

Common: 250 – 600 mg

Strong: 600+ mg

Just a quick search and just is what's recommended over most sites:

Dose
Recreational

Oral

Light: 100 – 250 mg

Common: 250 – 600 mg

Strong: 600+ mg

There's a ton of experience reports on erowid from people have done well over 1000mg! I can't even...I have problems walking on 350.

I don't work for them or anything (promise!) but if anyone is into literally any substance (pharmacologic, plants, chemicals etc) you should for sure check out erowid. They have everything on there including common RC's and they have everything from how much to dose, to information on the substance to "trip reports" where people share their experiences. Before taking anything (even "non-addictive" prescription meds) I always look it up on erowid. Again, to a sponsor, just a fan.
BL, erowid, wiki - the ultimate trifecta :D

Depends on your weight and how you metabolize it like at 236lbs I take around 370mg and am slightly dissacociated while letting music make sweet love to my eardrums and then there’s my buddy whom took the same dose being only 9 lbs lighter and he described his trip as the head blowing up , permanent feeling death trip I get off 800 mg.

Drinking and dxm is a bad idea. They interact in a potentially dangerous manner. And dxm dosage depends on your weight. Just look up dxm calculator online. And type in your weight, which will give you the dosage.

If you want mild effects where you could still act sober, you probably would want a 1st plateau dose. If you're looking for something stronger but won't send you into a completely dissociated state either, you probably would want a 2nd plateau dose. Also, take a very light dose your first time since some people are hypersensitive to dxm because of an enzyme deficiency.

For myself, I'm 180 pounds and like 210mg gets me into 2nd plateau territory. And 100-120mg gives the 1st plateau effects, which is essentially euphoria and some stimulation in my experience. The second plateau is more along the lines of some CEVs, enhanced imagination, and an uncoordinated feeling.

It's been observed that drinking alcohol first and then taking DXM produces terrible results and can result in seizures; paradoxically, taking DXM first, and drinking some wine at the end of a trip? All seems fine. Definitely, do not take DXM if you are already drunk.