• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Can you still get high when on buprenorphine?

thatrandomdude

Bluelighter
Hey bluelighters, been a while. I've started seeing an addiction help team recently to help with my DHC addiction, and i have been told they can give me buprenorphine to help with the withdrawals, but im not sure how its gonna go yet.
If i was taking the buprenorphine would i still be able to get high from DHC or does it completely block out the receptors? Thanks

From my limited experience, I?d say no you can?t get high on DHC after you take bupe.
I?ve taken subuxone a few times when I ran out of H and used it to ?get well? but it never got me well enough I?d always feel sick still. So out of those few times when I took bupe, I ended up coming across money or a sac a few hours after taking the subuxone, shooting up H and not feeling it one bit. I only took 2-4 mgs when I would take subs. I must say it?s a weird feeling shooting up H and waiting waiting and nothing happening, I mean not even a tingle in your brain that would resemble a pot high...
Waste of subs and waste of H in my opinion, but I?m sure others have more to say with more experience than I have

Hmm ok well thanks for your input anyway. I know sometimes they put naloxone in with the subs themselves and obviously that would block the receptors.

Naloxone has a 30 minute half life. Naloxone is not absorbed sublingually. Buprenorphine has a higher affinity for the opioid receptor then Naloxone. Per numerous studies conducted through the NIH it has been shown that the bloockade effect produced from taking both suboxone or generic Buprenorphine is from the bupe. NAABT has a good graph that clearly explains how this works.

Big pharma tried to extend the patent on Suboxone partly by claiming the addition of Naloxone detoured abuse or misuse. This has been vigorously shown to be false. Yes you can push through smaller doses of Buprenorphine. After you go above 2 mg it becomes increasingly difficult to get high off of opioids.

Last edited:
Interesting, thanks for the info. After the appointment I had today it felt like they kind of wanted to force the bupe on me and last week when I spoke to them I spoke about wanting to gradually taper off instead of stopping overnight so i'm just looking into it a bit.