• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[old] CD social V we've almost done it mates. #LegalizeIt

Status
Not open for further replies.
What the fuck was that

I think he just threw a wad of panties at you?

Alright guys, I'm looking for a little advice. I have this amazing grinder, right? It shreds through nugs like papier mache and I fucking love it. My one complaint is that the thing smells like a god damn pound, even after harvesting all the kief and little trapped nugs that get caked up around the edges.

What's the best way to clean out that smell? I'm thinking it's going to involve an iso-wash, but I'm not 100% sure the best way to do it.

I'm thinking to either take it apart and submerge each piece under 91% isopropyl, or to keep the grinder together and fill the container with iso for about 30min.

Anybody have a better idea, or at least know enough to tell me that mine's simply a bad one?

Alright guys, I'm looking for a little advice. I have this amazing grinder, right? It shreds through nugs like papier mache and I fucking love it. My one complaint is that the thing smells like a god damn pound, even after harvesting all the kief and little trapped nugs that get caked up around the edges.

What's the best way to clean out that smell? I'm thinking it's going to involve an iso-wash, but I'm not 100% sure the best way to do it.

I'm thinking to either take it apart and submerge each piece under 91% isopropyl, or to keep the grinder together and fill the container with iso for about 30min.

Anybody have a better idea, or at least know enough to tell me that mine's simply a bad one?

Would freezing and then scraping work?

I'd prefer that to an alcohol wash, which always seems to leave me with an invisible layer of adhesive oily gunk over everything.

I'd prefer that to an alcohol wash, which always seems to leave me with an invisible layer of adhesive oily gunk over everything.

Not sure how you expect to scrape the small spaces in a grinder... maybe you could with a sewing needle if you wanted to take 600 hours to clean your grinder.

Both decarbed and water cured weed has little to no smell if smelly flower is your problem.

Freezing might help actually, yeah. I've already scraped and brushed it the best I could at room temperature, but when I look at the bottom chamber upside-down I can see kief and plant-matter all through the inner threads of the bottom piece. The rest of it's pristine aside from the grinder blades, and even then they're still pretty well off and shiny as ever.

I've had undesired effects with iso-washing grinders before as well. I didn't get an oily coat or anything the one time I did it, but it seemed to tarnish the silver metal to a deep, ugly and dirty-looking bronze color. That was a pretty good grinder too, but it was only a two-piece so I ended up upgrading after I did that iso-wash and tarnished the metal-- I wasn't sure if that could have any effect on the weed that went through it, tbh.

Both decarbed and water cured weed has little to no smell if smelly flower is your problem.

I just get paranoid when I can smell my tree when it's not in use and everything's stashed away. I've got everything under control except this smelly as shit grinder and I really just don't feel like buying another smell-proof container that's going to be a boof bomb every time I open it up. I'd much rather just have a grinder that contained the smell within itself, but I'm not willing to give up the one I've got now. Give me a minute and I'll see if I can find a link to it or something.

[EDIT: NSFW for pic size

NSFW:
410eocJYuqL_1024x1024@2x.jpg

It's just kind of fucked, because this is the only grinder I've had that's ever emanated a smell. I think it may be because the top piece isn't super magnetic and and the bottom isn't magnetic at all-- simply screw on/screw off.

I'm going to look into water-curing. I'm not a big fan of the idea of smoking decarbed bud, though, wouldn't that be a lot like rolling a pure ABV joint?

Not sure how you expect to scrape the small spaces in a grinder... maybe you could with a sewing needle if you wanted to take 600 hours to clean your grinder.

Lol, I'm for sure trying to do that but I could brush it instead. It won't save all of the kief (or even most of it), but I think that after sitting in the freezer for a few hours my grinder brush'll knock a whole lot out of the threads. I could be wrong but it's worth a shot.

(In case you don't know what I mean by a grinder brush, they're almost identical to the brushes that come with beard trimmers:

Shaver-Aids-ES-Brush-Electric-Shaver-Cleaning-Brush_250x220.jpg

Last edited:
I've had a grinder that I physically could not open because of the caked kief locking it shut. After a year or so out of service I decided to try again and it was easy to open with the remains coming off almost as easily as dust/dirt.

My point is that there are lots of solutions, you probably don't need to resort to water curing just yet.

and yes bc you do have to pamper it and grow it and harvest because
mold and mildew can grow and peparation is a constant. the good news is that in only four to five months you can have amazing flowers! smiles too.

Jibult - I use a qtip smoked in 100% ISO and wash all the threads. I use as many tips as it takes until one comes clean when rubbed against/into the threads.

Tom

Jibult - I use a qtip smoked in 100% ISO and wash all the threads. I use as many tips as it takes until one comes clean when rubbed against/into the threads.

Tom

Thanks, man!

I actually took some advice from this thread, put the grinder in a freezer for an hour, brushed and scraped about a pax oven's worth of kief and shake out of the thread, and then filled the grinder with iso, closed it and surrounded it with paper towels, then put it in a ziplock bag so I could give it a shake every now and then. Fucking nothing leaked out after half an hour with the seldom shake, I poured out the iso, rinsed the pieces in hot water and did my best to dry off with q-tips before letting sit to air dry and the fucker looks brand new with no smell. I think I've found my cleaning method. ^_^

Thanks for the help, fellas.

but hey Thom, where do you get 100% iso? I thought the max they put out was 91? It's a Canadian thing, I bet.

Lol whenever I need iso I tend to just fill the cart because the stores around me rarely carry the 99%. Honestly, 91% has always been good enough in my experience.

Anyone have any tips on removing hard water stains from glass? We have a ton of mineral build up in the tap water here so for a while I was buying distilled water for my glass, but then I got high...

Just sampled some early harvest PNG Gold (a strain of bush weed from the highlands of Papua New Guinea). Surprisingly awesome.

I don't really buy into the 'indica = loungey, and sativa = energetic' thing too much but I do believe, based on a few experiences with early harvest, that clipping some buds a little early can produce weed with a more cerebral effect (dreamy, fun, thinkin' weed) than the more potent and heavily stoning stuff with amber trichomes.

Maybe it's the potency difference or a different cannabinoid profile. Maybe it's just me.

Good stuff anyway.

I don't really buy into the 'indica = loungey, and sativa = energetic' thing too much but I do believe, based on a few experiences with early harvest, that clipping some buds a little early can produce weed with a more cerebral effect (dreamy, fun, thinkin' weed) than the more potent and heavily stoning stuff with amber trichomes.
Whenever I trim the finger hash and buds that fall off get me super stoned. My friend calls it "panic mode" lol

I had the best edibles, but they were only like 5 mgs. They were homeade turtles (chocolate, caramel, and pecans) and I could have eaten a whole bag.

Honestly the lower dose probably made it taste better.

Just sampled some early harvest PNG Gold (a strain of bush weed from the highlands of Papua New Guinea). Surprisingly awesome.

Maybe it's the potency difference or a different cannabinoid profile. Maybe it's just me.

Good stuff anyway.

That might be related to CBD content, I believe harvest time directly affects CBD to THC ratio. I don't believe there's truly any 0-CBD flower, but there's probably plenty that's so low it's completely without effect. Interestingly enough, people tend to think of indicas as having more CBD because they're sedating and CBD is known as "the chill relaxing thing in weed", but actually sativas more often have high CBD content. Most of the high CBD strains are sativa or sativa dominant. Probably related to CBD's biphasic effects, I believe I've read many times over that a very small dose of CBD actually increases alertness in well lit environments while higher doses are more sedating.

my break didn't work out

no surprise there

i'm tapering tho and i'm using a oil pen. green crack. it's done though :(. i'm squeezing all the juice i can i feel like a crack head.

on 7g kratom.

decreasing in 0.5g intervals then just gonna hop off at a low dose

it's just kratom right? no biggie:?

Status
Not open for further replies.