• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[old] CD social V we've almost done it mates. #LegalizeIt

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought that was how it was measured? The idea of the weight being 25% THC or whatnot seems rather off to me.

But what do I know? I just smoke the weed that I can get, and I buy more if it does what I want it to.

You guys are gonna have to pardon my ignorance here but that's exactly what I've always thought it meant. After thinking about the way you explained it, though, the numbers start to make a lot more sense...

Labels can show percentage of total cannabinoids or by weight. There isn't one right way to display the same number.

I however, was talking about weight. 25% THC by weight is not uncommon for flower. 85% THC content by weight is not uncommon for oil.

It's all weed though.
I had no idea. That seems like an awful lot of THC though either way 8o

The daily purchase limit of one ounce of flower OR 8 grams of oil is seen in these percentages.

It's necessary for me to calculate my doses between flower and oil otherwise my tolerance gets fucked up. I calculate the amount of THC, in mgs, I take per day. It's currently just under 50mg. In real life, this equates to 3 days smoking one gram of flower at 15% THC OR 15 days using one gram of oil at 75% THC.

Weed which is virtually free of cannabinoids other than THC doesn't sound all that great..

Wouldn't mind trying some of the higher CBD strains, like 1:1 THC/CBD sounds okay.

We still don't have regulated weed in Australia, so even though there is a bit of variety, strain & cannabinoid profiles are a guessing game a lot of the time..

My last few outdoor finds - not the best photos but you get the idea.

There is still a fair bit of 'traditional' type cannabis floating around - strains which are probably not too far removed, genetically, from their Asian & Middle Eastern ancestors. That said, the vast majority of Aussie cannabis is now grown domestically (aside from the odd bit of Papua New Guinea Gold apparently).

The hydroponic available is pretty typical of the modern Dutch & North American strains, but I only really get that on occasion these days.

Sweet spot is 4 or 5:1 THC:CBD if you want to have any kind of fun. 1:1 or anywhere near it is plenty great for medical stuff but not for being high, not by any stretch.

Labels can show percentage of total cannabinoids or by weight. There isn't one right way to display the same number.

I however, was talking about weight. 25% THC by weight is not uncommon for flower. 85% THC content by weight is not uncommon for oil.

It's all weed though.

I thought so, yeah 80-85% THC is super common for shatter and the other 500 meme-name types of concentrate they sell here.

Some places subtract the weight of the acid A in THC-A and show lower THC counts since the mass of the acid (;)) doesn't get you high. Some THC occurs in the plant as well so the calculation converts THC-A to the mass of THC it would have without the acid attached and add the existing THC.

I stopped looking at the highest THC content strains long ago. The best stuff isn't always the strongest. I am absolutely loving this outdoor cannabis. My friend did a damn good job and got a good price on a few ounces. Low THC, but terp content after the cure is unreal and the indica aroma is akin to dank organic earthy kush and the sativa is piney, kind of like jack herer. Had to barter a little. I haven't seen weed like that around in a while, it's probably high in Pinene and also Limonene. And it's nice to smoke a joint without worrying about supply, chronic is expensive as hell here and to my knowledge some of the cheapest in the world. Well... I just smoke way too much and am not in a position to grow for myself atm.

Some places subtract the weight of the acid A in THC-A and show lower THC counts since the mass of the acid (;)) doesn't get you high. Some THC occurs in the plant as well so the calculation converts THC-A to the mass of THC it would have without the acid attached and add the existing THC.
Yup IIRC it's (THCa x 0.877) + THC = Total potential THC

the .877 is used to adjust for mass lost during the conversion from THCa to THC, I think it's the mass of the carboxyl group

Yeah, it would be the mass of all the carboxyl groups subtracted.

I've been so stoned for 18 hours now. Picking up an ounce for cheap and it's nice aromatic outdoor. Smoked both the indica and sativa really nice terpenes in there. Good stuff to mix with high potency indoor too and real nice joint weed. Dude is like me in that sense if you're gonna do something you may as well do it right.

1:1 or anywhere near it is plenty great for medical stuff but not for being high, not by any stretch

Might be because varieties with close to 1:1 ratios don't have very high concentration of cannabinoids in general. At least not in comparison to most modern varieties. A concentrate might be better.. or does too much CBD start to kill the effect of THC?

Reason I'm interested; someone offered me some medical oil (basically a coca-cola coloured paste) a few weeks ago. The tube container had the cannabinoid percentages written on the side. It was around 18% CBD, 2% THC I believe. I tried it sublingually a few nights ago. It was far from being a powerful high, but it did have a subtle pleasant effect.

When I smoked some weed later on, it seemed to have a clear headspace, pronounced body high; just a really smooth feel. I'm wondering if it was just coincidence, if maybe the oil manufacturer had mis-stated its' profile (possibly to get around laws or in an effort to dissuade 'misuse'). Who knows.

It has got me a bit interested in higher CBD varieties though. There seems to be a lot of contradictory information about CBD.

Only one way to find out I guess, which would be a lot easier if the gov here weren't so 1956.

Last edited:
Might be because varieties with close to 1:1 ratios don't have very high concentration of cannabinoids in general. At least not in comparison to most modern varieties. A concentrate might be better.. or does too much CBD start to kill the effect of THC?

Reason I'm interested; someone offered me some medical oil (basically a coca-cola coloured paste) a few weeks ago. The tube container had the cannabinoid percentages written on the side. It was around 18% CBD, 2% THC I believe. I tried it sublingually a few nights ago. It was far from being a powerful high, but it did have a subtle pleasant effect.

When I smoked some weed later on, it seemed to have a clear headspace, pronounced body high; just a really smooth feel. I'm wondering if it was just coincidence, if maybe the oil manufacturer had mis-stated its' profile (possibly to get around laws or in an effort to dissuade 'misuse'). Who knows.

It has got me a bit interested in higher CBD varieties though. There seems to be a lot of contradictory information about CBD.

Only one way to find out I guess, which would be a lot easier if the gov here weren't so 1956.

I don't buy 1:1 or any weed like that, I either buy CBD dominant (1% THC or less, 14%+ CBD), or THC dominant weed (less than 0.5% CBD generally, most often it just tests as LOQ (none)).

I can rip the shit out of a chamber of ~50:50 20% THC and 15% CBD weed, just sucks ass and is never fun.

So, better to get high CBD strains with little THC OR high THC strains with little CBD in your opinion. Okay, cheers.

Maybe that 18:2 CBD/THC oil I tried was accurately labelled. Probably can't get that again though.

I can get regular THC-rich flower, but CBD strains might be difficult. Hemp-derived CBD oil is available here, but.. I'd rather not, same with pure CBD crystal.

It's coming into Summer here. Might see about getting some seeds for a high CBD strain.

So, better to get high CBD strains with little THC OR high THC strains with little CBD in your opinion. Okay, cheers.

Maybe that 18:2 CBD/THC oil I tried was accurately labelled. Probably can't get that again though.

I can get regular THC-rich flower, but CBD strains might be difficult. Hemp-derived CBD oil is available here, but.. I'd rather not, same with pure CBD crystal.

It's coming into Summer here. Might see about getting some seeds for a high CBD strain.
If you're smoking recreationally or to get high you want something with more THC than CBD (THC > CBD)

I did feel like hitting the 99.9 crystal THC-A in my dab rig was taking things maybe a little too far with the herb. Especially coating my dabs with the stuff but it saved me a lot of money until I could not feel a whole blunt of strong stuff to myself anymore and had to quit for a while.

My tolerance is getting up there now as well. Should be cutting back but going to grab a qp to smoke the hell out of. Beauty indica and sativa for outdoor, full of nice terps and for once I'll be able to afford to spin cannons for a couple weeks. Psyched ot

If you're smoking recreationally or to get high you want something with more THC than CBD (THC > CBD)

Yeah, I get that. I've spent half my life smoking, and while I do love the narrow eyed island vibe & cartoonish nachos munchin' hilarity that one would associate with the consumption of some nice THC-rich ganja, I would also like something that is at least close to that satisfying without the slow-motia and general cloudiness that comes with the turf.

Maybe that's a pipe dream (ha!) but a bit more mental clarity wouldn't go astray from time to time. I could just not smoke, but.. you know.. no. This is where CBD / medical strains caught my eye.

Classic recreational weed is fine for putting on some beats and recreatin'.. but sometimes I want to smoke without blunting my wits to such a degree.

I hear of people using sativas when they're out doing their thing and indicas for Netflix and stuff, but I don't really notice the difference.

less is more if you want to be more functional, can even be done with very potent THC dominant strains. Try something maybe less than 100mg, depending on your tolerance. You won't feel very intoxicated though, but that seems to be the goal?

The more weed I smoke, the more sober I become. I think it has to do with how it builds up until my system is nearly saturated with cannabinoids. As sometimes when I don't smoke weed, I will occasionally feel euphoric or stoned. I am highly physically active as I need to be since I have chronic pain and it helps to do hot yoga and go for long walks and stuff. So I got 3 zips of beauty outdoor pretty psyched about that and small garden, really well tended to homegrow.

I am an outright hysteric without it and a man otherwise. I will never go a minute without the stuff without making it a top priority and when I do try to quit, it is always a mistake. I quit for 3 years and by the end of it got hooked on benzos and opiates within the same month and remained on those drugs non stop for years and started blazing again to stop, now I am a stoner again and feel normal if it weren't for etizolam presently ruining my whole entire life. It is the worst "benzo" I have ever used, and I have used a truckload of the fuckers. Seriously, thousands and thousands of pills I fucked myself.

Makes heroin and cocaine not even seem like drugs that's how fucked up it is at this point... they wouldn't even know what to do with me, I'd die a painful death in the hospital. I can't seem to cut back let alone quit I have fucked myself.

Man, miss the days when weed was all it took to keep me chill. Before the fucking panic disorder came out of nowhere I didn't know that shit existed same with chronic pain. I've never been under so much stress in over 30 rotations around the sun in this incarnation I can't take it anymore quitting H cold turkey after so long was whatever to be expected it was awful but this is beyond words.

I really enjoyed Girl scout cookies. My favorite recently is gg#4 and GDP
Really like gg4 and gsc. I find them both pretty calming and good for sleep but at the same time good during the day when you need to be functional.
gg4 makes for some real nice live resin.

I think my friend I get concentrates and bud from had thc-a before but it was pricey and I didn't have much money so just ended up getting something I was familiar with for cheaper.

They mainly just have distillate for mmj as far as extracts go in my state and you can't really get bud except in cartridges. They recently started selling full spectrum extracts like shatter but don't have it in stock. They have a variety vape carts that work good but buying just the distillate is a far better value. They are sold in 850mg syringes which are placed in those plastic tubes you got to squeeze to open. Here they are sold by the thc content not the total weight of products or all cannabinoids. So they all have a total of 850mgs of thc and are about 1 gram total weight depending on potency which is usually It has the total and individual cannabinoid content on the label. It costs a tiny bit more than what an 1/8th of high grade bud would go for on the streets here.

Got some God's gift 1:1 distilete; it's 40.7 thc, 40.9 cbd, 0.4 cbn, and 2.2% cbg making it 84.2 % total. Works pretty good goes down smooth in a dabber and has a faint earthy flavor. Find it pretty calming and is good for pain. My favorite I have right now is my banana kush distillate. I'm not sure if that's what causes it but noticed other oils I have had that have around %2 cbg seem to work well and produce an opiate like relaxation. I haven't got buds in a while and don't get stuff like wax, live resin, ect much anymore. I find distilete works pretty well for me and am starting to prefer it over other extracts. It's weird how this tiny little clear spec that looks like a dew drop can produce a huge cloud of smooth vapor that gets you really high. I find the effects cleared and more functional. It' also doesn't bother my throat Got some key lime pie live resin from a friend but that stuff made me too restless. Wish I'd of just got some bud instead since it's been forever and you can't get them in shops in my state. He said he had some really good stuff but eh spent too much lately already. Used to love sandwiching kief and/or oil between bud in a one hitter or bowl. That's for a more non-functional recreational high though.

It's the same with strain names. It's almost as if you have to have experience with them otherwise it's a total joke.

can't tell if you went from 0 to angry for no reason in 0 seconds flat or I'm misreading one half of your post. Are you seriously implying all 50012309321387e1000 types of oils and waxes and all that shit are completely different? It's the same shit lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.