• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Meth + extremely painful hands

LadySarcastic

Greenlighter
(Newbie) Meth + extremely painful hands

Hi y?all! I?ve only been using about 3 months (smoke / snort only). I only use small amounts at a time and go several days in between without using often. Usually one night a weekend, I?ll do a little more than usual (maybe .5g at most, but I don?t think even that much). My hands have hurt to one degree or another since the beginning, but especially on the heavy use days. They feel bruised or like the slightest touch is bruising them (there?s never any actual bruises). There?s also a burning / broken glass feeling.

I?ve read magnesium and potassium may be the culprit? I drink 50-70oz of water / Gatorade every day, using or not (I?m 5?2 and 100lbs). I eat 2-3 meals a day even on heavy use days. Although, long before using I had a tendency to not eat enough or drink enough every day and lived in a chronic state of dehydration. I?m actually doing better than ever about eating and drinking. So why am I having these problems? Sometimes I feel like my hands or arms are ?going to sleep? even if there?s no reason they should be.

Is it safe to take aspirin during these times? I take a women?s multi and a ?hair, skin, and nails? vitamin everyday. How much potassium and magnesium is safe to take? I soak in Epsom salt and keep my hands and feel covered in Vaseline. I wear gloves around my house or in my car because I can?t stand the feel of anything at all - like even something as light as my stylus is too heavy and bruising me.

How can I fix this?

My hands and arms sometimes feel like they?re trying to ?charlie horse? and have at least made me paranoid I might be having a heart attack (pulse has never been more than about 105).

How do I offset this? I don?t want to put my body in danger. How can I tell if I?m safe having another bump or two over the next 12 hours, for instance? I need a little help staying awake or enjoying an evening with my husband ... ;)

Any advice for this newbie? Thanks!

Last edited:
You need to see a doctor about this, have some bloodwork done, and possibly talk to a neurologist. I have a couple theories about what it could be because I went through something similar with my feet but neither you nor I would have any idea if they are correct and it would be irresponsible to share them with you so you could waste your time investigating them, see a doctor right away.

This could be serious, and progressive, but it could be a simple fix; you will never know unless you get professional help. It would be stupid to not try and get a real diagnosis and you may regret not acting swiftly. Especially if wasting any more time led to irreversible harm.

I would definitely, 100% see a medical professional about this. There's nothing in my mind that I would consider of even causing this due to stimulant usage. If you are concerned about the MD knowing that you're doing Meth, wait a few days before going so it's out of your system. I don't like the way this sounds at all.

...There's nothing in my mind that I would consider of even causing this due to stimulant usage...

QFT. It could be exacerbated by stress, malnutrition, and lack of sleep and could even become asymptomatic if you stopped doing meth, but I feel STRONGLY that the underlying cause is unrelated to meth use and will not go away on its own even if the symptoms abated temporarily. Don't ignore this even if it lessens.

I?ve never eaten well ( sometimes several days in a row of not eating anything at all) and I survived on coffee and sweet tea (0oz water a day back then).

Ironically, I?ve eliminated sweet tea, cut coffee down to one small cup a day ( sometimes not even that much), and I now eat a minimum of two meals a day, but more often than not, I eat 3 + snacks. I?m probably the only person that has ever started eating and drinking better on meth than off! ?

When my mom (who lives in a cabin on our property because her health is failing) and children (17y,18y )wondered why I was wearing gloves all the time and not able to open jars and such as that, I told them ?chronic dehydration and malnutrition? had caused dry, sensitive skin on my hands. My mom proceeded to tell me about her father and a handful of siblings that have some kind of condition where their fingers folded in towards the palms and permanently locked up. No idea what it?s called, but apparently it?s genetic. I wonder if it?s the beginning stages of that? I?ll try to see a doctor soon.

The guy I get my supply from said he?s heard of ?heavy use? causing severe dry skin, especially in the hands and feet and figured that?s all it was for me too. I feel a bit better since I started the magnesium and potassium supplements and I even threw in a low dose aspirin to help with high blood pressure ( technically barely in the ?high? range, and only while under the influence). I?ve seen some improvements, but I will still check up with my doctor. Thank you!

Last edited:
Yeah I'd go to the doc, only time I ever got pain in my hands was on the comedown, never during use, and I used 2+ grams a day.

hitting the pipe is bad for your hands,my fingers used to lock up while hitting the pipe, eventually they barely moved as I tried to twist, but i'd have to keep hitting that damn pipe anyway. Mast****** (didnt want to say that) is bad for your hands, meth causes muscle tension, ever have your legs or arms lock up yet? Do not use arm rests on chairs, you'll have the worst pinched nerve ever and your arm muscles will spasm and lock up against your chest, this happened to me for around a month straight, then I started getting hospitalized for mental problems, I've been hospitalized around 10 - 12 times from using meth after that happened. My friends jaw locks up from oral sex with his girlfriend, stimulants just do things like that. Gotta tell ya, extreme muscle spasms are scary. Meth makes you so positive, but its so bad, I never believed meth is bad for you, kinda like everyone else. This is a sign something bad might happen, Stay safe -The Dragon

.5??? Half a t? without tolerance you'd easily have an anxiety attack after an entire .2 I'm a 360 pound man, and If I smoked 10 dollars worth I would have an anxiety attack and think im dying, a dose of meth is 50 mg, i've gone periods of time where I was completely sober, found ONE grain of dope in a bag, snorted it, I was awake for 3 days from that. I playfully ran with a shopping cart and jumped on the back and rode it to my moms car. you realize thats closer to spending a hundred dollars on one high then not.

Just a quick note to say magnesium and potassium supplements have made all the difference in the world! I?ve even tossed in a good iron supplement ? all plant sourced, quality supplements. It?s restored full function of my hands with little to no symptoms. Just thought I?d throw that out there in case it helps anyone else one day! ✌️ ❤️ ?