View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

trying mushrooms tonight

I Am Kira

Bluelighter
hi so i just got off work it?s friday today was absolutely crazy it?s game day and we?re one of the most popular restaurants in downtown. my mind is everywhere. work shit.. pleasing my boss, girlfriend cheated then dumped me yesterday. who knows how long the cheating was happening. anyway.. instead of going out with all the other cooks and chef to drink i went home and my boy said mushrooms are in so i got a quarter of weed and an 8th of shrooms for $100. waiting for him to get here. how much should i eat? i don?t have a scale so i don?t know exactly what i?ll be eating. i don?t want to take it all tonight. i?m familiar with lsd. but never tried mushrooms. any tips and maybe how many stems to eat etc

thank you

None. Zero. Nada. Zilch.

Tripping after you just found your girl cheated on you is just about the worst mindset to do psychedelics in. Doubly so if you get the bright idea to smoke weed during the trip to "mellow out a bit", only to realize you've only managed to massively amplify the paranoid thinking and out-of-control emotional state of the trip.

Echoing what Hodor said it sounds like a pretty bad time to be tripping. Give it a few weeks. You might get caught in a loop thinking about her and the trip become difficult. As far as dosing goes, you shouldn't eat the whole 1/8th IMO

Break it into 3 piles. Eat one of them one day and see how thing's go should be around 1.15grams...a nice light introduction into psilocybin. Sometimes shrooms are very powerful and an 1/8th becomes interdimensional.

Eat the other 2.3 on another journey
Happy trails :)

Last edited:
Yeah this sounds like a recipe for a really bad trip. At least give the stuff with your girlfriend time to settle before you trip.

This sounded like a troll to be honest. Hope you didn't do it.

Shorter duration, greater anxiety. More of a mindfuck would be appropriate, but acid can go just as far. Shrooms just more consistently cause me to have negative evaluations of my life in the come-up.

I agree, mushrooms will cause a lot of self reflection, good and bad. There can be great beauty and satisfaction in them but you may have to get dragged through the mud first.

I agree, mushrooms will cause a lot of self reflection, good and bad. There can be great beauty and satisfaction in them but you may have to get dragged through the mud first.
can’t be as bad as the time i miscalculated my tolerance cause i was tripping weekly and ate 9 tabs. as opposed to waiting 2h for the come up, i was tripping balls in 45 mins. felt like my little street i live on was broadway st 1920s newyork.
then i remember taking my clothes off turning on the fan laying in bed cause my heart was beating so fast and i was leaking sweat from my entire body. i was scared. hardly even coherent enough to use my phone. then i just remember waking up at 10am and i was in that annoying comedown phase. 2 grams of mushrooms cannot be worse than that. despite everything happening in my life rn

Well if you are experienced with lsd, make your own decision, but why come here to ask for advice if you made your choice already it seems?

No one here will tell you that taking psychedelics in a bad state of mind is a good idea...

Best tip ever... Dont do shoorms or lsd when you got negative stuff in your mind... This isnt alcohol, or benzos, or opiodes... whatever.
This is another level of trip... You got the chances to have a bad trip..plus its well known that trips affects us somehow for a life time.

I was 16 when i started to use lsd like a pacman..eating them like crazy. I know what im talking about.

Be safe ...

The original poster never once asked about whether he should trip. He also exclaimed he is experienced.
His question was how much to dose.

Im an advocate for harm minimization but after the poster clarified it didnt need to be harped on. Again he confirmed he is experienced.

So how did it go IAK?
xmAaeD8.jpg

i didn’t do them the other night. i just got off work changed in the bathroom and ate 3/4 of a bag that was originally 4g. the texture almost made me puke. i couldn’t chew i just swallowed. that was 10 mins ago. gonna go home with my coworker and smoke a blunt or 2. wish me luck!!

im more worried about throwing up cause i hear you get nauseous on the come up. i feel kinda warm..

it’s been around 50m to an hour. i’m home smoking a blunt with a friend and it’s good weed so i’m already high and have no idea when or how i’ll know the shrooms hit. i feel anxious cause i keep hearing/reading it’s a stronger trip than lsd

don’t have any kind of visual but i feel almost stupid. and there’s an energy on my street. i’m in downtown it’s almost always lit. it’s dead and quiet. making me feel very shady about this situation. i’ll check in for as long as i’m able to use my phone

disappointed. stayed up all night smoking weed n watching AHS. it felt like 50mcg of acid lol. meh $40.