• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Pot keeps washing up on the shores of Florida: Deputies said a man tried to steal som

Jabberwocky

Frumious Bandersnatch
Flagler%20pot%20guy_edited_1536940184020.jpg_12979756_ver1.0_640_360.jpg

FLAGLER COUNTY, Fla. - A man tried to take 11 pounds of marijuana that washed up on a Flagler County beach, but didn?t report it to law enforcement, Flagler County sheriff?s deputies said.

?This guy tried to take advantage of a situation and it completely backfired on him,? said Flagler County Sheriff Rick Staly.

According to deputies, witnesses saw Robert Kelley pick up the soaked packages Thursday morning as they washed up on the shore near Jungle Hut Park in Palm Coast.

The person who called 911 told dispatchers Kelley and others were trying to open and take the bags.

Deputies said when they got to the scene, Kelley did not attempt to tell them he found the drugs. When deputies asked him about it, he pointed it at his car and said he was holding it for them, investigators said.

When asked why he didn?t call deputies, Kelley said he didn?t alert the Sheriff?s Office because he wasn?t sure if they would come, deputies said.

Deputies said they found a ?brick? of marijuana wrapped in plastic in Kelley?s trunk, totaling 11 pounds of marijuana.

Kelley tried to conceal the package by wrapping it in a brown beach towel, deputies said.

Kelley was arrested on possession of marijuana and was held on $2,500 bond.

This was not the first time this week that packages of marijuana washed up on Florida?s shores. Flagler County deputies said a total of 100 pounds of marijuana turned up on the beach in just two days. In Volusia County, deputies said 23 bales of marijuana washed up on the beach Wednesday in Ormond-by-the-Sea.

Source: https://www.wftv.com/news/local/pot...ties-said-a-man-tried-to-steal-some/833794472

It isn't 'stealing' at all, it no longer HAS an owner, its washed up on the beach, and it isn't like the original owner is going to speak up and say 'hey, I've lost my large shipment of weed', and you cannot steal a thing which does not have an owner. Its no more thievery, than it would be to take a few clams or mussels home to eat.

And your right, guy looks absolutely FUCKED.

Should have drove off when he put it in the car. Not sure why he would stick around the scene. Might have gotten it off if he was a little sharper. Don't gotta open it right then and there, obviously it was drugs...

Just what I was thinking. I'd have grabbed it, stuck it in my pocket and made with the uckfay offnay, if anyone asked questions, I'd say I was beachcombing, and given they look like rocks in that photo, come up with some crap about geology being a hobby (actually I'm a chemist, as a hobby, but I've a pretty good knowledge of geology, so could back it up on the odd chance of the do-gooder piece'o'shit happening to be a geologist or fossil hunter)

Then I'd bury it, after washing the salt water out of it and dessicating it quicktime in a vacuum chamber over phosphorus pentoxide, or just extracted it with ether or THF in one of my soxhlets, or come to think of it, I'd probably have both the soxhlets running at the same time, then stash the pot or honey oil underground, for at least a week or two, bar taking a ml or two out for a first taste, because, well who the fuck is going to spend the time running THF or ether through several pounds of weed, running both their soxhlet extractors in parallel until the plant material no longer tested positive for THC, then subjecting the remainder to acidic decarboxylation, testing again and if positive extracting the converted CBD.

And the cunts that called the filth...fucking grassing bastards. Only thing as bad as a grass, are pigs and child rapists, and those guilty of cruelty to animals. Bloody crowbegotten wankers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some beach walker is being charged with this shit. I will send six dollars to anyone who can give me any ;positive result of this.

Some beach walker is being charged with this shit. I will send six dollars to anyone who can give me any ;positive result of this.

What makes you not believe this story? Could it have anything to do with how this guy looks? Seriously though, you're allowed to call bullshit on anything you wish, you really don't have to slap money around to make your point.

What makes you not believe this story? Could it have anything to do with how this guy looks? Seriously though, you're allowed to call bullshit on anything you wish, you really don't have to slap money around to make your point.

I think you misunderstood NSA. He isn't claiming that the story isn't true; he's saying that nothing good will come from this man's arrest.

I hate to be a buzzkill but judging by the way its packaged that shit most likely came from Mexico and is filled with seeds and pesticides.

imo He should of just pretended to be some crazy dude who was collecting trash of the beach and stuff it in his car rather than admitting he knew it was marijuana.

US: Giant bricks of marijuana wash up on Florida beaches

It sounds like the opening for another stoner movie, maybe "Harold and Kumar Go to Heaven." Giant bundles of marijuana, apparently containing individually wrapped five-kilo bricks, have been washing up on the shores of Florida since the approach of Hurricane Florence last week, possibly from a boat that was either capsized by the storm or an airplane drop that went awry.

This set off a minor ethical dilemma among the beachgoers of Flagler, St. Johns and Volusia counties in the Daytona Beach area: Does one grab the weed and run, or call the cops?

d586237629cef8927ccf78c9daf45c5705a75e07

This moral quandary was best demonstrated in a 911 call to the Volusia County sheriff last Thursday morning, when a woman reported, "We're at Jungle Hut (Park) and a huge bundle of drugs or something just washed up on the beach and there are people like fighting over it."

How many people? the call-taker inquired, according to a recording of the exchange. "There's like seven or eight people out here," the caller replied, "and they're all like huddling up against it, and my dad's trying to take it so that you guys can have it all."

Sheriff's deputies arrived and the caller noted that one fellow had removed a brick of suspected cannabis from the bundle and was still there. The deputies asked the man about this, according to their report, and he "pointed at his vehicle and stated that he was holding it for law enforcement's arrival."

The brick weighed about 5 kilograms, wet. The man, Robert Kelley, 61, was arrested and charged with possession of marijuana over 20 grams. Medical marijuana is legal in the Sunshine State, but "it's illegal" for recreational use, sheriff's spokeswoman Anna Hackett observed. Kelley was jailed and it was not clear whether he has retained a lawyer.

But the bundle was just one of many that came ashore on eastern Florida's central coast, and Flagler officials said they recovered about 100 pounds over two days. That doesn't include the packages that were removed from the bundles by beachgoers who then fled, to include a woman in a yellow bikini who was photographed snagging at least one package from the Jungle Hut bundle, and did not stick around for law enforcement's arrival. The Flagler sheriff distributed a photo of her in the apparent act of pot theft, but she remains at large, Hackett said.

c11a42f7dad2b3ed0e61184f3c2bb62cb80ec834

In St. Johns County, Florida, north of Flagler, the weed packages started floating to the surface the prior weekend, when an off-duty sheriff's deputy fished an oblong, heavily taped black package out of the water, St. Johns Commander Chuck Mulligan said. In addition, the Coast Guard discovered seven or eight packages off the St. Johns coast. There were no markings, trademarks or return addresses on any of the packages. Mulligan noted that traffickers often place their own stamp on cocaine bundles, but none were found on the cannabis packages.

Given the location and time of discovery of the packages, "these are probably all part of the same shipment," Mulligan said. "The question is, where did they go into the water?" He said the bundles could have floated north from as far south as Puerto Rico, and could have been adrift and waterlogged for some time.

Mulligan said the shipment could have come from a boat that capsized in bad weather, or from an airplane drop where the pickup boat missed the target, or was simply dropped in the wrong place by the airborne delivery crew. Or someone being tracked by the Coast Guard may have tossed it overboard. "There's a plethora of possibilities," he said.

The marijuana was turned over to Customs and Border Protection for further investigation, but the agency did not respond to inquiries on Monday about whether the source of the marijuana had been determined.

In Volusia County, Florida, last Wednesday, a large bundle containing 23 smaller packages of marijuana washed up in Ormond Beach, Captain Tamra Malphurs of the sheriff's office said. The discovery was called in by a beachgoer and the bundle was destroyed. "This type of thing occurs a few times a year," Malphurs said, "and we do not know where it came from."

Flagler Sheriff Rick Staly said in a news release that the arrest of Kelley was "another great example of 'See Something, Say Something' ... thanks to the joint effort of our citizens' watchful eyes and good police work these narcotics are off the streets. To anyone thinking they can take advantage of marijuana washing up on shore I have a warning for you. Is it worth a trip to the Green Roof Inn charged with a felony just for some 'free' weed?"

Source: https://www.smh.com.au/world/north-...sh-up-on-florida-beaches-20180919-p504of.html