• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Something wrong is happening from opiates

poppy98

Greenlighter
I am doing opiates for atleast 2 years and now i do tapentadol but the problem is that my body joints are aching a lot and in dome other areas there is muscle pain too.

It may not be related to the meds you're taking. I would advise talking with your physician about this. They may want to run some tests and have you try a different medication. Welcome to Bluelight and hope you find a solution. :)

This may not alleviate the problem but do make sure you are well hydrated. Always helps with what you described. Good luck!

Muscle aches can be one of the first symptoms of dependence...you haven't mentioned your frequency of use or dosage, but if used daily or near daily after 2 years I would assume you are already well past that phase.

Since when do you do the tapentadol? Just recently? The switching of drugs may have caused you to go into withdrawal maybe. Do you also have a runny nose, feel tired or anxious?

Sometimes your receptors dont recognize a drug as being equivalent. Muscle aches, runny nose, (I sneeze a lot). Lets hope it's not something more serious

Are you injecting the Tapentadol? Your joints and muscles should not be hurting. If you're not in acute withdrawal, it could be a sign of systemic infection. I'd really like to know if you're injecting it.