• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Why did you keep using when you weren't getting high anymore?

Lol yes, I'd say more than half are about drugs (namely heroin), or simply the human struggle. I'm a huuuuge (donald trump style) fan but believe it or not it was Jerry Cantrell, not Layne Staley, who wrote most of the lyrics and music. God Smack was written Layne purely about addiction.

Another great one by Layne, that would bring me to fucking tears while.asking "why the fuck am I doing this, and how the fuck did I get here!!?" Is "Wake Up" by Mad Season (Layne Staley's side project). People think addicts, especially the ones with darker, deeper addictions, aren't aware of what they're doing to themselves, meanwhile we are all too mindful of the hell we are in.

Lol yes, I'd say more than half are about drugs (namely heroin), or simply the human struggle. I'm a huuuuge (donald trump style) fan but believe it or not it was Jerry Cantrell, not Layne Staley, who wrote most of the lyrics and music. God Smack was written Layne purely about addiction.

Another great one by Layne, that would bring me to fucking tears while.asking "why the fuck am I doing this, and how the fuck did I get here!!?" Is "Wake Up" by Mad Season (Layne Staley's side project). People think addicts, especially the ones with darker, deeper addictions, aren't aware of what they're doing to themselves, meanwhile we are all too mindful of the hell we are in.

Oooh Mad Season!! Sorry, I have to include "Long Gone Day", Layne Staley ft. Mark Lanegan.
Love it.

https://youtu.be/SJKvE3tMIPs

Awesome clip Coast. Sad as well. His body is just ravaged from dope. AIC has gotten me through many DIY detox, and I'm probably going to need hearing aids by November.

I've never heard that song before. Thank you so much for that post Coast, i'll be listening to that for the next week.

I'm really glad you guys liked that! I love AIC and Mark Lanegan is amazing too. First time I discovered him was at a Queens of the Stone Age concert years ago. He was a part of their line-up and has songs with them. After hearing his voice, I went out and bought all of his solo albums.

I kept using because in order for me to get sober I would have to take a long time off of work and I couldn't afford that. So I did it because if I didn't keep using I would lose everything I had (house, car, etc

Thank you for describing your former relationship with adderall like this.

It gives me hope that I will one day be able to stop this cycle as well.

Kudos to you for breaking the cycle!

^ Beautiful. I love The Verve.

Thank you for describing your former relationship with adderall like this.

It gives me hope that I will one day be able to stop this cycle as well.

Kudos to you for breaking the cycle!

Only people who have been through the cycle of amphetamines can relate to those specific feelings, especially how it feels to quit. That's why I was constantly Googling my moods after quitting because it's only unique to those of us who have been through it.

Find comfort in this quitting forum,

http://forum.quittingadderall.com/forums/forum/3-quitting-adderall-forums/

There are others struggling in the early stages and you won't feel alone. There are inspirational people who got their life back.

It's not an easy process, some days are better than others, but it's worth it.
What I noticed most after quitting is being able to genuinely laugh! It wasn't forced like before. I'm not stuck in my head over-analyzing everything and taking the fun out of it.

The biggest step is to cancel your script if you get it from a doctor. Just say it stopped working for you and you don't like the way it makes you feel anymore. I didn't go as far as admitting abuse like some did. Abuse usually comes after tolerance develops, but I didn't want those red flags haunting my charts. Just cancel it and that will keep you out of the cycle of picking up your medicine, as long as you don't switch doctors and seek it from someone else. Just be totally done with it.

You can do it!!! This drug is a bully. You are stronger than you know. :)