Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ⭐⭐⭐

• ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

• Total voters

Ds

Bluelight Crew
Sadly, it's not out yet, and they had just started filming the movie. Won't be out until sometime next year..

I know I am not the only one here that thinks that his movies are fucking awesome. I mean, the stuff he has go on in the movies is crazy, and is sometimes like real shit, that could very well be going on and no one would know it.
I am really looking forward to his new movie '3 from Hell' because it picks up where The Devils Rejects had left off. Don't want to spoil the movie if you haven't seen it, but I think now would be a good time to catch up on both it and House of 1,000 Corpses.
The Sybil Brand Institute in Los Angeles, a decommissioned women's prison, served as one filming location.
Just thought I would share about it, how about everyone else? are you a fan of his movies? and what do you think will happen in his newest movie 3 from Hell?

Ooh, looking forward to this, I fuckin loved 'The Devil's Rejects'. Not yet seen any other films of his though.

Never heard of them before, but I like zombie stuff so gonna check em out, thanks Ds!

Oooh, I love The Devil's Rejects!! I won't give away the ending, but seeing how it ended, it's interesting this new movie will be a follow-up.

The Devil's Rejects is supposedly a sequel to House Of 1000 Corpses. I never viewed it as a sequel. You don't even have to see House Of 1000 Corpses first in order to enjoy it. The Devil's Rejects stands on its own and it's a much better film IMO.

I also loved Rob Zombie's remake of Halloween.

@D's: seen most of his movies, not his cartoon yet. but i gotta say something that will contradict itself -

was waiting for this one and then you post about it and said it isn't out yet... TeAsE!!

thanks for getting it out there, good reminder for me and letting others know. (btw it will have the same 3 actors from the first two in the trilogy)

aDxK3nw_460s.jpg

His films are a guilty pleasure of mine. Let me find the last one I saw and say I enjoyed them all in a sick way (kind of a secret for me given who I associate with I guess, they would shun me for watching his material) except Lords of Salem which I was turned off by from negative reviews.

31. Not my favorite of his but it was kind of entertaining still. Can't say it was a great film by any means however.

Three looks wicked nasty good.

I also loved Rob Zombie's remake of Halloween.
I did too, greatly.

They get alot of hate from Halloween fans apparently.

Zombie's twist was utterly delightful in my eyes.

In a really sick way. Wicked nasty good.

^ hella agreed.

31 was more hilarious than scary. still very worth watching.

his remake of halloween wasn't gory slasher like people remember the original. he told a story and he told it well with everything in equal parts which was perfect imho.

lords of salem was an interesting take but meh. something one could watch just to watch.

finally watched the animated movie The Haunted World of El Super Beasto, not too shabby. had cassandra peterson (Elvira) doing a voice along with some other well known actors. sheri moon did the voice of a hot blonde but no assless chaps; just a scantily clad, voluptuous and buxom cartoon character.

wtf?? release date looks to be december 2019.

filming had been wrapped up by OP ( april of 2018 ).

“From what I’ve heard from Rob, he’s very happy and excited about what he’s got, and it’s chockablock with gratuitous violence [laughs], which is great, because lately there have been a lot of good horror movies that just don’t have a lot of that,” Moseley shared. “I mean, the violence is skillful, it’s effective, but it’s not gratuitous, and that’s what I think the fans are missing. I think we just want a lot of violence for violence’s sake—decapitations, shotguns to the face, just general ass-kickin’ stuff that we’re not really getting much of these days.”
https://www.altpress.com/news/3-from-hell-rob-zombie-film-violence-devils-rejects-sequel/

I'm not really a fan of his work...Ho1KC and The Devil's Rejects were OK, TDR even got some critical acclaim & he definitely has a significant fanbase. His influences are solid (for example, his appreciation of the Italian horror & giallo filmmakers like Deodato and Fulci).

Pretty much anything else I've seen by him (i.e. the Halloween films) has been total crapola, though, IMHO. His overreliance on certain tropes (especially RZ's interpretation of white trash/hick culture) gets irritating. And why does Sherri Moon goddamn Zombie keep getting casted? Cuz she fucks the director?

*sigh* this was the same question people had when they saw that she was casted in "Halloween 2", and its the same question getting asked today lol

I view him as kind of a Tarantino-like director, someone who's only capable of hitting one note...but I haven't really looked into much of his later work.

And why does Sherri Moon goddamn Zombie keep getting casted? Cuz she fucks the director?

sigh* this was the same question people had when they saw that she was casted in "Halloween 2", and its the same question getting asked today lol

Why not? She should be cast. It's not only because she is with Rob, she happens to fit the role of "Baby" perfectly.

Are people asking why Bill Moseley, Sid Haig, Danny Trejo and Ken Foree keep getting cast too? I don't know why those people are singling Sheri out. It seems like Rob prefers working with certain people and they're great actors.

I mean, if they're cast in all his films then that's a good question

I can understand it if they're doing work that's part of the Ho1KC/TDR franchise, but her inclusion in stuff like "Halloween 2"? Nah...

I mean, if they're cast in all his films then that's a good question

I can understand it if they're doing work that's part of the Ho1KC/TDR franchise, but her inclusion in stuff like "Halloween 2"? Nah...

All of those guys I named were included in Halloween as well, not only Sheri.

I think I tried to watch Halloween 2, but couldn't get through it. I prefer the first Halloween Rob made because he went into detail about Michael's background.

ya, the second one seemed to slough off a bit and i can't figure out why.

not sure if that's on rob or the studio. maybe it was leading into a third one that would've been really great.

to note on using the same actors and keeping to the same genre: if it aint broke, don't fix it imo.

he knows and uses both as an artist pretty well. especially considering the rest of the crap in hollywood today.

Awww man, right when this movie is finally coming out.

RIP Sid Haig :(

I didn't know he was 80 years old! Maybe the clown makeup made him look younger.

C9949855-9ADA-452B-8CF8-1277E9531E2A.jpeg

eww. a lung infection, i wonder what causes that. i know and don't say he's 80. wow. damn.

I found more information. He had some kind of accident and had to go to ICU. He vomited and it ended up in his lungs causing an infection. His wife thought he was recovering, but his health took a turn for the worse. Sad.

His wife said at the time:

“I know it’s taken a while, but here’s the quick and dirty. Sid took a nasty spill early last week and went to the ER to make sure everything was ok. It was, but they kept him for a bit for observation. Late last Thursday night he vomited in his sleep. Because he was asleep, the vomit went into his lungs (aspiration). Fortunately, since they were monitoring him, the alarm went off and they were able to get the vomit out and an air tube with suction in. They suctioned his lungs for a couple days and everything came out so they were able to remove the air tube/suction. He’s been breathing well for several days now but they still have to monitor for infection to be safe, since the bacteria in the human gut can set up an infection in the lungs when this happens, and are giving him IV antibiotics to protect him.”