• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Valium after coke

Portlandloyal

Greenlighter
Took 5mg of Coke after my last line and 10mg an hour after. It?s now been an hour since I took it and my heart is still racing and I?m wide awake. When will the Valium kick in? I only did half a g but I have done coke in a month.

Ok valium is good at keeping you calm am I right in thinking you have taken 10mg total, and how long has it been since the cocaine? Do you take valium often?

I brutally messed that up. I took 5mg Valium after my last line and an hour later took 10mg of Valium. It?s been an hour since that and my heart is still at 144 bpm. Just wondering when the Valium will start working. I rarely ever take Valium and when I have it has worked pretty quickly.

Is it legit valium? I think you can take another 5mg making it 20mg total how do you feel in general worried obviously?

It is. That?s why I?m confused. I took 15 total because that?s all I had. Just wondering why after an hour it?s still not kicking in.

The thing with Valium is it will calm you down but it cant overide the cocaine to slow your heartbeat which will slow in time, just relax have a warm drink and try to be logical about it.

Will do. Thank you. I just always hear how Valium knocks you out after coke so I was just expecting it to do something because it has in the past.

Its great and I used to take it at night to sleep after a Coke binge but it has its limits, When did you last use coke and how much?

Valium is really a pretty forgiving and good benzodiazepine for comedowns. I wouldn't advise it but I've taken probably 60mg+ before just trying to offset the badness after an all night coke session - I only use benzos very rarely so would be surprised if I had any real tolerance. If you can get by with 20mg then great but I wouldn't even be too concerned taking a couple more if you really needed it.

As someone who really suffers from coke comedowns I know they are no joke... in fact they're the main reason I'm trying to take a long break from cocaine, hopefully one that will last the rest of my life.

freesolo123 said:
The thing with Valium is it will calm you down but it cant overide the cocaine to slow your heartbeat
This is not correct. Valium (and other benzos) do slow down your heartbeat - this is part of the reason why benzos are typically the first choice treatment for the acute physiological symptoms of stimulant overdose.

The only thing that was always a concern to me was the danger of combining benzos and alcohol because I always used to drink when I did cocaine... I've found it hard to verify exactly how dangerous this is though, and most people for some reason do not seem overly concerned about this. Anyway if you don't drink or hardly drink this need not be a concern, and even if you do drink, if you need to take something to come down, Valium is probably a good choice.

That simply is just not a lot of Diazepam (Valium) if you ask me. That dosage wouldn't be enough to calm me down from too much espresso. I'm not advising anyone to just start gobbling up Benzodiazepines, but I honestly and truly believe this fact to be the matter.

Hi to everyone. Apologies for the late reply but I have only just joined today (17th September) I am prescribed 10mg tablets Diazepam (Valium) here in the UK and I was told by my doctor that it's takes approximately 60-90 minutes for the therapeutic effects to kick in once taken orally. I was also advised that if taken after a meal then the effects may take longer . Hope this helps

Valium is NOT good at keeping you calm, it doesn't even cure feeling like a fiend, Anti anxiety medicine doesnt "Calm you down" people with ADHD need to be calmed down, anxiety medicine is supposed to give you the ability to do oral reports, make it so you can actually say something to one of your friends instead of sitting there with your mouth shut, its not actually supposed to "calm you down" people with anxiety get used to it and stay locked in there house for example, to avoid getting anxiety in the first place, they arent trying to get you high. WEED is for that. please dont end up in that cycle. next someone will offer you heroin or PCP or ketamine, you have to know that cocaine is giving you positive effects that help you and negative effects theres a problem you have that your avoiding. Cocaines helping some of that problem. Its causing some of that problem. You end up so tolerant so fast to benzos that none of them work. you can eat handfuls and they still dont work at some point. do you like that image? someone eating handfuls of pills? all it takes is one bad coke high or one bad meth high for you to double or triple your dosage of benzos, all it takes is you crying for money, for you to spite something or someone and go fine ill take another pill instead then, get into an arguement, fine then ill take more pills, just go to sleep man. after benzos start making you angry, they just do that from then on.

Correct me if I'm wrong people, but as far as I'm aware Valium has little to no effect on blood pressure and heart rate directly. It certainly calms you down due to its mechanism of action on GABA receptors which can help decrease heart rate.. But it doesn't effect heart rate directly? This is why it's quite safe to take for cases of a stimulant overdose. I'm quite sure I'm right but I'm not certain.

I know for acute cases of stimulant psychosis, valium is given as an IM injection alongside an anti-psychotic.

But if it does effect heart rate directly, how is it safe to take with stimulants? As to my knowledge, your heart receiving mixed signals can cause all sorts of problems... which is why combos such as the speedball pose a lot of risk to the user.

Correct me if I'm wrong people, but as far as I'm aware Valium has little to no effect on blood pressure and heart rate directly. It certainly calms you down due to its mechanism of action on GABA receptors which can help decrease heart rate.. But it doesn't effect heart rate directly? This is why it's quite safe to take for cases of a stimulant overdose. I'm quite sure I'm right but I'm not certain.
Well I did a little research and to my surprise I found a whole bunch of studies that suggest Diazepam actually increases heart rate in some cases... 8o So I guess I was wrong, this is really surprising to me though. I'll research a little more later because obviously benzos are widely used for stimulant overdose so I presume that, as you say, it must be that they are moreso useful for correcting stimulant-induced tachycardia rather than possessing any intrinsic ability to lower heartrate directly.

But if it does effect heart rate directly, how is it safe to take with stimulants? As to my knowledge, your heart receiving mixed signals can cause all sorts of problems... which is why combos such as the speedball pose a lot of risk to the user.
I posted a similar thread enquiring about the safety of benzos and cocaine a while back and someone quite aptly stated that benzodiazepines should still be effective prophylactics for the acute overdose symptoms that they are usually used to treat, which makes sense to me so pending a little more research I would surmise they are likely still a fairly safe combination - in reasonable doses, as ever.

As far as "your heart receiving mixed signals can cause all sorts of problems", while this is no doubt true in certain cases, for example if those mixed signals are signals to pump harder and also signals to constrict the arteries - generally the heart is not going to get "confused" by a single signal that says "pump harder!" versus one that says "pump slower!" because obviously there are no such signals, these instructions, so to speak, are instead conveyed indirectly by far more complex chemical mechanisms.

I just feel this is worth mentioning because a lot of people misunderstand the dangers of certain combinations because of vague generalisations without much explanation... such as the age old "it's bad to combine an upper and a downer", which in most cases is dangerous because of the possibility that the 2 drugs have quite different durations of action, so the combination usually only becomes dangerous when the shorter acting one starts to wear off, leaving users either dangerously overstimulated, or dangerously sedated. I would imagine that this is the same danger present with an IV speedball (plus the acute, inherent danger of IV administration of any hard stimulant - cocaine particularly).

Well I did a little research and to my surprise I found a whole bunch of studies that suggest Diazepam actually increases heart rate in some cases... 8o So I guess I was wrong, this is really surprising to me though. I'll research a little more later because obviously benzos are widely used for stimulant overdose so I presume that, as you say, it must be that they are moreso useful for correcting stimulant-induced tachycardia rather than possessing any intrinsic ability to lower heartrate directly.

I posted a similar thread enquiring about the safety of benzos and cocaine a while back and someone quite aptly stated that benzodiazepines should still be effective prophylactics for the acute overdose symptoms that they are usually used to treat, which makes sense to me so pending a little more research I would surmise they are likely still a fairly safe combination - in reasonable doses, as ever.

As far as "your heart receiving mixed signals can cause all sorts of problems", while this is no doubt true in certain cases, for example if those mixed signals are signals to pump harder and also signals to constrict the arteries - generally the heart is not going to get "confused" by a single signal that says "pump harder!" versus one that says "pump slower!" because obviously there are no such signals, these instructions, so to speak, are instead conveyed indirectly by far more complex chemical mechanisms.

I just feel this is worth mentioning because a lot of people misunderstand the dangers of certain combinations because of vague generalisations without much explanation... such as the age old "it's bad to combine an upper and a downer", which in most cases is dangerous because of the possibility that the 2 drugs have quite different durations of action, so the combination usually only becomes dangerous when the shorter acting one starts to wear off, leaving users either dangerously overstimulated, or dangerously sedated. I would imagine that this is the same danger present with an IV speedball (plus the acute, inherent danger of IV administration of any hard stimulant - cocaine particularly).

Wow, you really know your stuff and it's evident that you've done a lot of research!

I knew that the whole mixed signal thing wasn't the whole danger, mixing the two can cause you to take too much of one or both since the effects counteract each other in a way. I did believe the mixed signal thing was a danger in itself too though, but thanks for shedding some light on that. I know in the case of Alcohol + Coke there is a whole new danger due to the production of Cocaethylene in the liver when the two are mixed, which is believed to be more toxic to the heart than Coke alone?

I guess anyone wanting to mix ANYTHING should do their research, which is why drug forums are so useful... I've been active on various forums for over 8 years and have learnt a lot, but evidently I still have a lot more to learn!