• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Edibles from one state to another?

BeachBum4u

Bluelighter
So the state I'll soon be legal in does not permit the sales of cannabis edibles right now. Obviously I'm hoping that law will change in the near future. So, the deal is that a bordering district does permit these sales, however I suspect I would have a legal issue transporting any edibles I'd purchase to my home state. Are my fears well founded or is this sort of thing allowed? I think I already know the answer but I'm hoping against all hope I'm wrong! Does anyone out there know how these laws work with this sort of thing? Many thanks ahead of time!

There are a few exceptions, but unfortunately your fears are well founded.

Until we are able to federally legalize it across the nation this sort of thing will always be a problem. Some states are more aggressive than others.

Nebraska, for example, has stated many times they are after people coming down from Colorado bringing weed. Arrests have been made.

Hopefully your home state loosens it's laws soon. I know I'm working on legalizing it in mine!

We can't help you commit federal crimes. All I can say is they don't want to know what you're going to do with their product. As far as they're concerned, unless you say something, you're going to a private residence in the same state to consume it.

I'm going to assume that any state with a big legal industry may be more likely to check food items commonly used to to make edibles when going through security.

We can't help you commit federal crimes. All I can say is they don't want to know what you're going to do with their product. As far as they're concerned, unless you say something, you're going to a private residence in the same state to consume it.

Let me be very frank here, I do not plan on committing any crimes! When it comes to this sort of thing, I will definitely err on the side of the law. I just can't take the risk of losing my cannabis legal status for something like that. Even though it would only be an hour or so drive, I just can't do it. The good news is that I obviously still have access to all the other methods of ingesting cannabis. Unfortunately though, from what I've read, edibles may have been a good addition to my pain fighting arsenal. At the end of the day, I'll be just fine. Thanks for the responses!

I'm going to assume that any state with a big legal industry may be more likely to check food items commonly used to to make edibles when going through security.

At airports, in legal states, they don't care. The TSA is looking for dangerous weapons, not drugs. That's not to say they're going to let a brick of hash through, but their job is not to stop every single person with some weed in their bag.

Yea, TSA is pretty random because one time I had a large pocketknife I'd found that had a 6 inch blade. It had gotten stuck at the bottom of my backpack and I had forgotten all about it. They didn't say a thing and I didn't realize it was even in there till a month or so later. I got a pretty good chuckle out of that. However, I might have been in deep shit if they had found it. I honestly don't know what would have happened. Anyway, just goes to show you, ya just never know!

Once got called aside when I had a very tiny amount of edibles on me but it turns out they were just scanning me for explosives for some reason. :\
At airports, in legal states, they don't care. The TSA is looking for dangerous weapons, not drugs. That's not to say they're going to let a brick of hash through, but their job is not to stop every single person with some weed in their bag.

I know in most cases they won't but wouldn't be surprised if they did to someone with say a very excessive amount of a certain candy on them.