• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

codeine tolerance reset

dopiejay

Bluelighter
This may have been covered elsewhere but I couldn't find it anywhere. I know about codeines cyp2d6 metabolism into morphine, redosing rules etc etc.

What my question is, is how long apart doses should you wait until you can successfully become opiated again? Currently taking codeine for a fucked up hip and it works for a while, but after about 3 hours the pain comes back and the temptation to redoes is STRONG. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Is only a short lasting opiate so 3 hours is about right and people often redose ever 4 hours. maybe a different longer lasting drug might help?

Is only a short lasting fairly weak opiate so 3 hours is about right and people often redose ever 4 hours. maybe a different longer lasting drug might help? What dose are you taking is it every day?

moving this from homeless ---> BDD.

hope that is right - please feel free to move if it's better suited elsewhere, thanks mods :)

i'm not sure if i know the answer to the question, but presumably you are taking single doses (not small, incremental doses - like "sips" of "lean" or whatever the kiddies call that codeine syrup drink)?

codeine metabolises better if taken in single doses as far apart as possible - redosing or incremental dosing is less effective because of the way it is metabolised.

having said that - if you need a redose for the pain after 3 hours, it should work - it just might not be as effective as your first dose of the day, but it won't stop it from helping with the pain i don't think.

Last edited:
Yeah redosing will definitely help with the pain, like spacejunk said, not as effective but it'll still work pretty good.

You just have to be careful though, tolerance builds very fast with rapid redosing like that. Unfortunately there's really no way to solve that problem other than to dose less often.

Thanks for the replies guys. I went on a nod and slept all day lol, whoops.

Anywho, yes I've been takin it all as one dose, between 90-120mg to try and conserve them. Could go higher with a cwe but thank god for my baby tolerance which never goes away.

unfortunately stronger meds are what I need, but it's not an option because all the Drs here wear small town shoes. If anyone caught wind my dr prescribed me codeine he would probably have his head chewed off by other doctors.

Best med I've ever tried for pain relief was oxycodone and I've tried them all, but sadly my backwards small town views opioids and anyone whose on them as the devil.