• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

MDMA Recovery (Stories & Support - 7) [ALL LTC posts go here]

Tranced

Bluelight Crew
This is the seventh version of the MDMA recovery stories & support thread. Is anybody wondering where the previous version went?

Well, there's a story to that. Sooo... I accidentality deleted the former version of this thread whilst merging posts & then trying to delete a post which predated the first post in the thread. Yeah, whooops. Apparently vBulletin does not understand or like this. My deepest apologies! Anybody wondering where your posts went... well, they were merged into said thread, which is now gone. Sorry, silly me, etc etc.

So this is version seven of the MDMA Recovery stories and support thread. ALL posts relating to MDMA recovery and LTC go here. Seriously, all of them. If people see a post on LTC, please direct them to this thread/report the thread so I can merge it. We get an overwhelming amount of LTC posts, and it would really help if people knowing they go in the LTC thread became a thing.

Sorry again to anybody who lost a post!

Last edited:
Comedown question regarding morning anxiety/panick feeling

I posted before about my situation. Basically I'm going through a LTC. Three months now. I've resigned to the fact that I have to wait this nightmare out. I'm doing my best to stay healthy as per advice given here.

But I have two questions for those that might have an answer or suggestion. Every morning when I wake up the anxiety and panicky feelings are on high alert. Can something be done to lessen that?

Second question I have, there are days that I feel like I'm making progress. And yet I end up going back to feeling awful after a few days of feeling like I'm doing almost ok. Is this normal? Does this indicate I'm making progress? Is this what some people who have gone through this experienced?

Thanks!

Jogging will help to discharge any anxious and adrenalized type feelings that you have in the mornings. Jog a little to get warmed up, sprint until you exhaust, wait a few seconds, then go again. Do that about 5-10 times (sprint till exhaust, pause 30 seconds or until breath recovered, sprint till exhaust) and you'll be good to go for the day. Aim for 15-25 minutes and you'll have your exercise done for the day, just 10 minutes is enough to wake you up and discharge energy though.

Yes the recovery is cyclical. You will notice small cycles that seem to take about a week or two, and also large cycles that take about 3 months. Just keep doing the health habits and you'll notice the normal days increasing in frequency.

I'm on month 9 and I don't have long periods of good days yet either. At best I will go through the week and have like 2 good days, 1 bad, 1 OK day, 1 good, 2 bad, etc. I haven't had a perstent good week or month yet. I don't have persistent bad weeks or months either so thats good. I'm at like 65/35 right now. good 65% of the time, OK or shitty the other 35%.

lionheart90

Thanks. Not sure I can do any exercise in early morning due to a bad back. My lower back is way too stiff for that. I usually work out at night. I do bout a 40 minute intense workout every third day of the week cycle. Which is easier on my back.

I sure hope my situation does not last as long as yours has. Sorry that you're in this awful situation. It kinda sucks when you feel you're finally doing ok and then kurplunk!! you're back to square one it seems. It's such a let down.

swim15

No I haven't tried i-theanine. Does it help?

I tried CITALOPRAM HBR 10 mg for a few days which wouldn't let me get proper sleep and made my anxiety worse. I also tried 5- HTPT which in my mind made things a bit worse. These days I take a tiny amount (about 6 mg) of CBD every day. But I am hesitant to rely too much on supplements.

Loinheart90

Another question I have that you might wish to share your thoughts on:

In some of your other posts you said to avoid caffeine in order to speed up recovery. You see, I have a sleeping issue. I go to bed and manage to sleep for a bit but about four hours later I tend to wake up and then after that my sleep is not so great. In other words, when I go to work I need to wake the hell up. If I can't have coffee then perhaps one or two cups of black tea might be a better option???? Any thoughts? Thanks.

I know that one is supposed to avoid alcohol while going through a LTC. I was feeling a bit better and thought I could handle a drink or two. Guess I was wrong. Two days ago I made the mistake of having just three beers. Have had sever anxiety for the past two days. Hope this is only a setback and does not ruin my recovery. Any thoughts????

Last edited:
I have had comedowns so bad I had to go to hospital for panic attacks they are not fun and get worse with age, benzo's are your friend but dont abuse them.

I'm still exactly the same and it's 9 months for me now.

However how sure you're that the insomnia you're experiencing is from the MDMA? I mean I sleep like a baby, but have a lot of other different LTC symptoms, it doesn't catch up for both of us.