• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

MDMA Recovery (Stories & Support - 7) [ALL LTC posts go here]

Didn?t read everything discussed but skimmed it. The supplements listed are all good and high intensity cardio/exercise is your friend as well. Besides that, racetams would probably be one of the better things to try if you haven?t

Didn?t read everything discussed but skimmed it. The supplements listed are all good and high intensity cardio/exercise is your friend as well. Besides that, racetams would probably be one of the better things to try if you haven?t

Seems to me it is a lot about reducing stress and helping the with cell repair in the body, especially in the brain. But yeah, diet and excercise are really important. Cardio as well, but even (infrared) sauna, is good for recovery - seems like sweating is really helpful for the immune system and overall body function.

I have been recommended to try noopept and aniratcetam, both are supposedly helpful with verbal memory and fluency, connective thinking and short-term memory (the things that I struggle with particularly). But I haven't tried any nootropics yet because I am not really sure about the long-term safety for humans and what those compounds do in the brain. For some racetams scientists don't even know the exact working mechanisms yet, so they just know they work, but not why. Nonetheless, I may actually try above mentioned nootropics to see how they impact my cognition. It's not my first choice, bc I prefer natural/time-tested remedies, but I have a small hope that using those racetams may help to regrow / reactivate the nerves or brain regions that are damaged.

Overall, I am very interested to hear stories if you or anyone else reading has experience in treating LTC cognitive issues with racetams. Especially interesting to know is if the effect would be long-term or only temporarily. I don't plan on taking supplements forver :/

@stimul4nt I only took BPC-157 for one dose since it gave me an LTC setback. Unlike a lot of users on here I don't just have dr, brain fog, floaters & overall cognitive impairment. I also have physical symptoms: head pressure, this tight feeling in my heart & gut, and until recently I thought my widespread somewhat infrequent paresthesia, tingling fingers, and aches(random all over) were due to a spinal alignment issue since that's when they started(6 months in). However even after i'm adjusted to exactly where I should be, I still have those which tells me the acrylamide or mercury poisoning is the culprit. Anyways, I get an all around setback in my symptoms for at least a week if I use any serotonergic substance, even sugar or caffeine. For whatever reason BPC-157 also gave me a setback that was quite clear and took about two weeks to get back to where I was with my recovery with just one dose. I would definitely tell everyone to look at it as a last resort & I followed Ben Greenfield's guide to mixing and dosing it.

I'm not referring to BCAA actually. What you need to do is take the free test on www.bravermantest.com it'll take about 15 minutes and will tell you based on your results what your dominant neurotransmitter nature is in addition to where your deficiencies lay. You'll also notice a paragraph under each section explaining the different personality traits/issues, cognitive issues, & physical issues that may be present whilst your neurotransmitters are in the specific state. There is also a list explaining how to boost each neurotransmitter listed on the site. From my experience not all of them do much, here are the ones that I've found actually work:

Dopamine: Sam-e is best since it boosts dopamine along with serotonin at the same time. L-tyrosine or l-dopa will boost dopamine but also deplete serotonin in the process
Serotonin: Sam-e. L-tryptophan & 5-htp will also boost serotonin but also deplete dopamine and the catecholamines
Acetylcholine: Alpha-GPC or CDP-Choline
GABA: L-Taurine or L-Glutamine

Thanks! I'll probably look into Creatine

That's right! Same goes for any substance that artificially stimulates the brain's neurotransmitters unfortunately

Also, I've used Piracetam for a few months around the beginning of my LTC. I definitely noticed increased mental clarity but this came with one huge drawback. It increased my cravings especially for stimulant drugs like crazy! Probably worse than they've ever been before so I got rid it. Besides I really don't think it did anything at all for my physical symptoms which seem to be equally as bad as my cognitive ones. Fortunately all of them are improving with my new and improved healthy lifestyle changes.

To be honest, im not saying MDMA cant cause damage, but your use doesnt seem severe enough to cause the damage you describe, I would say its much more likely that you are obsessed with the idea that MDMA caused damage than actual massive destruction of serotonin axons and neurotoxicity from 15-20 pills of MDMA.

I know that I once obssesed about "replenishing neurotransmitters and healing damage" and its a vicious circle, for me most of my symptoms were caused by my obssesive thinking.
There are a lot of neurotoxins out there, I agree, MDMA is neurotoxic and causes damage there is no question, but to me its very improbable 15-20 pills caused neurotoxicity so severe to manifest itself with real symptoms, millons of teenagers and young adults worldwide would be brain-fryed. Alcohol is neurotoxic too, plenty of medications are neurotoxic, the truth of the matter is that for neurotoxicity to show real symptoms, the damage has to be very severe, its much more likely your symptoms can be explained by long term anxiety caused by your experiences with MDMA, or other reasons.
Just think about how many people have bad experiences with marihuana and experience months or years of panick attacks, anxiety, brain fog, derealization, etc....
Either that of you were extremely sensitive to MDMAs neurotoxicity, or there were other factors like overheating present in the experiences.
When I was obsessed, CoQ10 and fish oil made me feel better but most likely it was placebo.

Just by reading your post you seem to structure your sentences better and have better vocabulary than 90% of the people I know of who dont even know what MDMA is, especially considering English isnt even your primary language.

@stimul4nt I only took BPC-157 for one dose since it gave me an LTC setback. Unlike a lot of users on here I don't just have dr, brain fog, floaters & overall cognitive impairment. I also have physical symptoms: head pressure, this tight feeling in my heart & gut, and until recently I thought my widespread somewhat infrequent paresthesia, tingling fingers, and aches(random all over) were due to a spinal alignment issue since that's when they started(6 months in). However even after i'm adjusted to exactly where I should be, I still have those which tells me the acrylamide or mercury poisoning is the culprit. Anyways, I get an all around setback in my symptoms for at least a week if I use any serotonergic substance, even sugar or caffeine. For whatever reason BPC-157 also gave me a setback that was quite clear and took about two weeks to get back to where I was with my recovery with just one dose. I would definitely tell everyone to look at it as a last resort & I followed Ben Greenfield's guide to mixing and dosing it.

I'm not referring to BCAA actually. What you need to do is take the free test on www.bravermantest.com it'll take about 15 minutes and will tell you based on your results what your dominant neurotransmitter nature is in addition to where your deficiencies lay. You'll also notice a paragraph under each section explaining the different personality traits/issues, cognitive issues, & physical issues that may be present whilst your neurotransmitters are in the specific state. There is also a list explaining how to boost each neurotransmitter listed on the site. From my experience not all of them do much, here are the ones that I've found actually work:

Dopamine: Sam-e is best since it boosts dopamine along with serotonin at the same time. L-tyrosine or l-dopa will boost dopamine but also deplete serotonin in the process
Serotonin: Sam-e. L-tryptophan & 5-htp will also boost serotonin but also deplete dopamine and the catecholamines
Acetylcholine: Alpha-GPC or CDP-Choline
GABA: L-Taurine or L-Glutamine

Thanks! I'll probably look into Creatine

That's right! Same goes for any substance that artificially stimulates the brain's neurotransmitters unfortunately

Also, I've used Piracetam for a few months around the beginning of my LTC. I definitely noticed increased mental clarity but this came with one huge drawback. It increased my cravings especially for stimulant drugs like crazy! Probably worse than they've ever been before so I got rid it. Besides I really don't think it did anything at all for my physical symptoms which seem to be equally as bad as my cognitive ones. Fortunately, all of them are improving with my new and improved healthy lifestyle changes.

Thanks a lot for all the information! I did that test the other day and my values are pretty much off the charts for ALL neurotransmitters, considering that test values of 15+ are indicating major deficiencies and my values for dopamine, acetylcholine and serotonin range between 19-21 and GABA is even 25. For the first time, I really feel like I can fully describe my symptoms. All the descriptions in regards to the cognitive issues are dead on! Also great you emphasize what worked for you, I planned on getting some of the supplements and didn't plan on buying L-Taurine and L-Glutamine because I thought they'd be least effective. Now I'll definitely try them along with A-GPC or CDP-Choline and SAMe. I have experience with L-Tyrosine but stopped using it because of side-effects, which makes sense now, I didn't know it depletes serotonin.

@Jaredborgetti
Hey buddy, first of all, thanks for you kind words, but I wouldn't be writing these essays if I didn't really have issues, you can trust me on that! Like I said before, I never new XTC could cause damage to neurons, I just knew it could deplete your serotonin levels = get you in a bad mood for a few days. I just realized it's risks later on when doing some research to explain the symptoms I was experiencing. The mainstream opinion is that XTC is safe with 3 months breaks, that may even be true for MDMA itself, but you never know you pressed your pills and what's in them. It could well be that there is a lot of shit in there that is exponentially more toxic than MDMA (PMMA, PMA, other toxins, etc), maybe I just got unlucky a few times... But I agree we shouldn't overthink shit too much :)

Last edited:
Jaredborgetti

How do you explain the depersonalization, and horrible concentration, memory people get the first month on MDMA ltc?

Was considering myself the role of obsession, but in the beginning I didn't even knew about ltc

To be honest, im not saying MDMA cant cause damage, but your use doesnt seem severe enough to cause the damage you describe, I would say its much more likely that you are obsessed with the idea that MDMA caused damage than actual massive destruction of serotonin axons and neurotoxicity from 15-20 pills of MDMA.

I know that I once obssesed about "replenishing neurotransmitters and healing damage" and its a vicious circle, for me most of my symptoms were caused by my obssesive thinking.
There are a lot of neurotoxins out there, I agree, MDMA is neurotoxic and causes damage there is no question, but to me its very improbable 15-20 pills caused neurotoxicity so severe to manifest itself with real symptoms, millons of teenagers and young adults worldwide would be brain-fryed. Alcohol is neurotoxic too, plenty of medications are neurotoxic, the truth of the matter is that for neurotoxicity to show real symptoms, the damage has to be very severe, its much more likely your symptoms can be explained by long term anxiety caused by your experiences with MDMA, or other reasons.
Just think about how many people have bad experiences with marihuana and experience months or years of panick attacks, anxiety, brain fog, derealization, etc....
Either that of you were extremely sensitive to MDMAs neurotoxicity, or there were other factors like overheating present in the experiences.
When I was obsessed, CoQ10 and fish oil made me feel better but most likely it was placebo.

I think you?re assuming that something needs to be neurotoxic to cause problems with memory, thinking, cognition, etc. which isn?t really the case. Obviously things can be self exacerbated in many circumstances but I don?t think that?s always the case.

My brother has never used any rec drugs besides marijuana and has been experiencing HPPD symptoms for the past year and a half. The brain is an incredibly complex structure and there are always outliers in the population in terms of reactions to any substance or drug.

I had a pretty major problem caused by taking a street Xanax bar that was dosed at 4mg (lab tested) but I had never taken it before I was not fully aware of the dangers, I knew it was dosed too high, so I was careful and only took half, but I know in a moment of not thinking I took the other half and then went into a Xanax blackout, the main danger about blacking out at that moment was because I had a fairly large amount of Xanax and MDMA in my house.
I think I did induce temporary PTSD from the experience, which has gone now, but I feel like my mind set was shaken so much that it's now kind of stuck in an anxiety loop because certain symptoms remind me of what happened.
Basically I have a fairly constant buzzing sound in my head, I know it's very likely nothing to worry about, (probably just tinnitus) but when it starts it reminds me of what happened 14 months ago, then I get tense and I start to worry.

I take responsibility for what happened, after blacking out on Xanax I then took a huge amount of Xanax and MDMA without knowing what I was doing.
I realised when I opened my eyes many hours later, what had happened. 24mg of Xanax was gone, and 16 MDMA pills had gone, they were dosed at around 250mg each.
(They were lab tested good quality MDMA pills, pressed by Q-Dance)

It's practically unbelievable that I could take that amount of those two substances and still be alive today to write this.
(I think that's one of the things/thoughts that keeps going around in my mind)
I try not to worry about it, because it's been over 1 year now, but it seems to have stuck with me unfortunately, and it often causes uncomfortable tension and anxiety.
I think if I'd just taken 24mg of Xanax I likely would have died from respiratory failure, and if I'd just taken the 16 MDMA pills I also very likely would have died.
but because I had both in my system at the same time, I didn't die because they balanced in each other out if you get my meaning?
I think one stopped the other from killing me.

I think one reason why my mind set was so shaken up was because I didn't sleep at all after what happened for 10 days and 10 nights, and in that time I was basically in a state of constant tension,
and having a constant anxiety/panic attack.
The first 5 days and nights it was intense brain zaps that were stopping me from sleeping, I could feel myself falling to sleep and just at the point of going to sleep, it was like my finger was suddenly connected to the electric wall socket, and it felt like a very intense jolt of electricity would run through my brain causing me to jolt awake, and this constantly kept happening at the point of falling to sleep, so it was just impossible.

I went to the doctors and told them what had happened and what I had done, and they said it was just anxiety running though my head, and wrote me a prescription for an anti depressant,
she said the anti-depressant had a side effect that would cause drowsiness and that might help me sleep, I thought that was ridiculous tbh, and I asked if I could have a few Valium instead which I knew would be far more effective and she refused. (The anti-depressant didn't do anything) I only took one, because I knew it was not the right thing to prescribe for that situation.

I kept going back to the doctors each day after this because each night I couldn't sleep, the anxiety just got worse and worse, until I was practically going out of my mind and then sleep deprivation really started to kick in,
on the 10th day I started having sleep deprivation hallucinations, when my eye's were closed I could see words flying around everywhere, and when my eye's were open I could see one word on everything, and this is quite strange the word I could see was (live) I could see it everywhere, even in the air, like I looked up at a cloud in the sky and in the cloud in big letters I could see the word LIVE written across it.

Then a very scary thing happened. I was laid on my bed trying to sleep on day ten and my body suddenly jolted up, my arms shot to my sides like I couldn't control what was happening, and every muscle in my body started quite violently shaking, I felt like I was sat in a bright white light as my whole body went into something like a seizure, I know it wasn't a seizure, I think it was basically just my body going into a kind of state of shock because I hadn't slept for so long.

At this point I had enough and called an ambulance which took me to hospital, by this time certain muscles in my body were locked in place,
my left arm was kind of locked to my chest, and I couldn't walk very well because my left foot felt like it was bent upwards.
Well, it was bent upwards, so I had to drag it across the floor, :( and I had a tick in my head... my head kept twitching in different directions. (God I can't believe I messed myself up so bad tbh)

Basically I was in a complete mess, in hospital I finally spoke to a doctor who knew what Xanax was, and thought what has happening was side effects from taken such a high dose.

I'm not joking when I say every other doctor I spoke to, about 4 or 5 did not know what Xanax was (uk)

I had to explain it to them, one doctor said to me 24mg of Xanax is a very low dose isn't it?

Basically I knew what I needed and that was Valium, only temporarily to get me through that period and they didn't understand.
The anxiety was increasing because I wasn't sleeping, and the large amount of Xanax I had taken I think had heavily affect my GABA levels,
I needed a short course of Valium to help with that state, I feel this is something I understood and they didn't.

Finally speaking with a doctor that I feel did understand in hospital, he gave me 10mg of Valium and the relief was indescribable, every muscle in my body one by one started clicked out of tension into a relaxed state.

I started laughing... just thinking thank God for that I'm going to be ok... then I started crying, and finally I fell to sleep.

They sent me home and I slept for 17 hrs.

I called a doctor the next day and he knew what Xanax was too, he said I think you've given yourself a very big scare,
and the muscle spasms he said were likely caused by the side effect of such a large dose of that drug leaving my system.
he told me not to take the anti-depressant that the other doctor had given me (at least 3 other doctors also told me that)
The doctor prescribed me 6 more Valium, this helped me to sleep over the weekend, and my anxiety started to reduce, not just because of the Valium, because I was able to sleep,
and because of this my mind, soul and body started to come back into harmony... that's what it felt like to me.

The next 2 months I didn't take anything, it was hard, most day's I could feel panic running though my body for about 10 minutes at a time but I was ok with that, because I knew what it was.
In the state I was in before, I thought I might not return to normal, like I'd have to be checked into a psych ward, because I might have caused neuro damage that was stopping me from sleeping.
I think that was a possibility, but thankfully it was not the case, or was only temporary.

I think I did damage my serotonin neuro receptors, I don't think it's possible not to have caused some damage with that amount of MDMA in my system.

Finally after 2 months and I know this was a risky decision I started to take 1 10mg Valium per week, and was very careful not to go over this, but it did increase to 3-4 per week.
After about 8 months of doing this I'm slowly weening down, I went down to 5mg instead about 2 months ago, and now I only take the white 2mg ones now.

I think in a few weeks I should be able to completely stop, but it's not easy.
I know I've taken them longer than I should, but I haven't abused them, which is good, and I think I'll be ok, and will be able to stop taking them because the dose per week is only very low now.

I think anyone on this thread who has taken MDMA, like a far lower dose of 200-500mg or something along those lines, you honestly do not need to worry, in time you'll be ok.

I took around 4000mg that night and 24mg Xanax, and I know I'm recovering, it's been a slow quite bumpy road but I am getting there now.

Sorry for the long post, I feel like writing it has helped just to get some thoughts out of my mind.

Take care everyone.

Last edited:
Hard to belive you survived so high dose. I took around 300 mg and I'm in 15th month of feeling fucked up.

@ Theko
Holy crap, the story sounds immense and 4 grams of MDMA alone would surely kill pretty much anyone. I suppose you have a reasonable theory about those two drugs sort of canceling out at least some of the effects, I mean coke+MDMA does a similar thing.

I don't know about the dosage of Xanax but you didn't have any comments from doctors about MDMA? Those 4 grams sound more relevant than the xanax dose (or at least equally relevant) and giving you SSRI sounds bad as you mentioned.

@sick_guy It is very hard to believe, one of my friends doesn't believe it's at all possible, he thinks I must have thrown the drugs out my window or down the toilet.
I doubted it was possible myself, but as soon as I opened my eye's that morning I knew what had happened.

I've never felt like that in my life, I could feel it in my mind and body, but I still found it hard to believe, I looked everywhere, nothing, they had all gone.
And I could feel it all coming out of my system over the next day's, I had to throw quite a lot of my clothes away, and thew out my bed mattress because it was just soaked,
but it was like a really really strong chemical smell that stayed in my flat for quite awhile, I kept my windows wide open for about 3 days and eventually it went away.

I'm sorry to hear you're not feeling good, in the time since my incident I've taken to different spiritual things, like meditation and spiritual music, it has helped to create some balance in my mind.
idk, if you asked my if I believe in a higher force, I'd say yes I do, I'm not religious, I don't believe in a religious God, but I try to practise and listen to spiritual concepts,
and I feel like it has helped me. Basically the concepts of Buddhism is what I mean, a man called Mingyur Rinpoche I listen to him quite often on youtube.

Last edited:
@ Andon I didn't really get that many comments about the MDMA from the doctors.
One doctor just looked down her nose at me when I told her, another doctor basically just looked at me with wide eye's after I told him,
He didn't say anything, I think he just knew I was lucky to be alive.

One other doctor did say to me that that amount MDMA will have fried my brain (his words), but he said it was very unlikely to be permanent.
Actually yeah, most did seem more concerned
about the Xanax, that is the ones that knew what Xanax was.

I think they were less concerned about the MDMA because if it was going to kill me, it would have already happened before I had chance to talk to them about it.
Actually after getting myself checked out on day 5, a nurse did say that to me after she went to speak with some doctors whilst I was in the local hospital.

Last edited:
@Theko,

Thanks a lot for your long post, wanted to ask if you have experienced cognitive decline? Bad concentration, bad short-term memory, derealization?

@Theko,

Thanks a lot for your long post, wanted to ask if you have experienced cognitive decline? Bad concentration, bad short-term memory, derealization?

Derealization I definitely had that at the time, closer to the time it happened, but I don't have it now and it quite quickly went away after a few months.

Bad short term memory, yes I did notice that seemed to be a factor and has been for a while, although when I was taking 3-4 10mg Valium each week,

after awhile I think that started to affect my short term memory and was not helping in that regard.

In terms of concentration, I'm ok if I'm actively doing something, but if I just sit and watch a movie I find it hard to stay focused on it.

What usually happens is I start to focus my attention inwards like on how I physically feel, rather then the movie, and if I notice that I can hear a buzzing in my head,

I can start to feel uncomfortable and tense, then I lose concentration on the movie.

But with things like chess which I play quite often I haven't noticed any difference, like I don't find chess more confusing or harder to play.

Which I think is good sign, and I think perhaps I am very fortunate that that is the case.

Last edited:
Yes, you're definitely fortunate. Love you positive spirit, have zero worries about you.

Oh, that's very kind of you to say so. :) I appreciate that.

Love, spirit, and zero worries.

May this also be blessed upon you.

Peace

Hi everyone haven't been on the thread for a while. Theko your lucky to be here I only did 600mg and I'm totally fucked. Anyways I'm now 11 months in to my ltc, pretty much to the day with zero improvement. In addition to my symptoms (insomnia, eye floaters, vertigo, head pressure, depression) I seemed to have developed a tight feeling across my chest. Almost like the feeling the day after weight lifting and damaged muscles. Have been told it's stress so not sure if it's related to the ltc, it started about a month ago so would seem strange to start 10 months in. Maybe it's the stress of this whole bullshit I've managed to put myself in to. Anyone else experience this?

Hi everyone haven't been on the thread for a while. Theko your lucky to be here I only did 600mg and I'm totally fucked. Anyways I'm now 11 months in to my ltc, pretty much to the day with zero improvement. In addition to my symptoms (insomnia, eye floaters, vertigo, head pressure, depression) I seemed to have developed a tight feeling across my chest. Almost like the feeling the day after weight lifting and damaged muscles. Have been told it's stress so not sure if it's related to the ltc, it started about a month ago so would seem strange to start 10 months in. Maybe it's the stress of this whole bullshit I've managed to put myself in to. Anyone else experience this?

yes, i've had it!
feel tight on the chest or feel pain in this area is a common symptom of anxiety...which is usually confused with heart problems.

is definitely related to your LTC, dont worry much about that bro, I know is scary, but this symptom always disappear over time. For me it disappeared 8 months ago and never came back (i'm currently in my 12 month)