• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Are there any serious interactions between these drugs.

loner12

Greenlighter
Hello, I'm new to this forum. I've been scouting the net for about and hour now trying to figure out these drugs combined are safe. I signed up here because this seems like the safest and most active place to ask. The drugs in question are Paxil, Gabapentin and Ambien.
I just started Paxil about 8 days ago. I started off at 5 MG and moved up to 10mg three days ago. The problem is that it has given me the worst insomnia I've ever experienced. I've taken 600mg of Gabapentin over the course of the day. Is it still safe for me to take and Ambien (10MG)? Everything I've found has said there are interactions in making each other more potent, but nothing saying it is unsafe. I just wanted to make sure and hear some opinions. Thanks!

Hello and welcome. I don't see anything immediately dangerous about the combination. Are you prescribed this by a doctor?

Thank you for the reply.

I am prescribed. I was told the Gabapentin and Paxil are ok together, but we forgot to discuss the Ambien. I don't take the Ambien every day. I take it on the days just have a feeling I won't go to sleep without no matter what I try.

I'm sure you are fine then. I didn't find anything online implying harm and I would trust your doctor, however, good on you for taking it into your own hands and seeking the information

I'm sure you are fine then. I didn't find anything online implying harm and I would trust your doctor, however, good on you for taking it into your own hands and seeking the information
I wouldn't trust his Doctor.
I don't trust any Doctors.

^ Given that doctors, in most cases, have at the very least gone through a fairly intensive educational program, followed hopefully by many years of experience working in medicine - something that most people who are not doctors have not done (yourself included, I'm guessing) - it's just not practical or sensible not to afford them at least some level of trust when it comes to health related matters. Good luck curing yourself of tetanus next time you cut yourself on a rusty nail.

^ That is easy. I take your point, but I would much rather take care of myself then sit at an ER, or if lucky have my doctor let me come in the next day - Which, really if your not up -to date, your not supposed to wait lilly dally - I get your point, though make it stronger by picking something that literally requires, at no point for in a “standard “ case, intervention by a medical doctor, or even a PA (or you get the point ) for that matter, that is all I am saying

This combo doesn’t present any problems, at *prescribed* or reasonable, doses
Gabapentin is pretty safe, but I’d be careful taking anything “Lilly dally” (No I don’t know wtf that meabs!) :)

Your here, so hey, that is something

Where is a doctor when you need one? (Welcome to BL by the way )

This one is pretty easy OP. I'm not being a dick here, but you could pretty easily have just Googled all of these things and discovered potential drugs interactions within seconds instead of waiting for others to use Google in the same way and then posting the results. Do your best to do your best research. It's what's good for yourself and much better for the community.