• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Day 1 of staying clean

bertstarebluelight

Bluelighter
Going to stay clean forever and work on my character and respect of other people. First comes with eliminating drug use. I can use crystal meth responsibly but I just start lashing out and becoming an asshole to everyone.

IMO you definitely have the right reasons to be motivated to quit and I wish you success. I would just caution against making a sweeping statement that you're going to stay off meth forever. Forever is a very long time. Given that any addict can relapse at any time, even the people with decades of clean time, you don't want to put yourself in a position where you might beat yourself up over not staying clean "forever." Going day by day or even hour by hour is a lot more manageable. And don't take this the wrong way, but your abusive behavior toward others doesn't exactly paint a picture of "responsible" use. Something else to consider: telling yourself you can use "responsibly" might lead you to use that as an excuse to use again, which I'm assuming you don't want.

IMO you definitely have the right reasons to be motivated to quit and I wish you success. I would just caution against making a sweeping statement that you're going to stay off meth forever. Forever is a very long time. Given that any addict can relapse at any time, even the people with decades of clean time, you don't want to put yourself in a position where you might beat yourself up over not staying clean "forever." Going day by day or even hour by hour is a lot more manageable. And don't take this the wrong way, but your abusive behavior toward others doesn't exactly paint a picture of "responsible" use. Something else to consider: telling yourself you can use "responsibly" might lead you to use that as an excuse to use again, which I'm assuming you don't want.
yeah bro I'm just going to replace my crystal use with cocaine. just gotta get a 6 figure job so i can rail lines every 15 minutes for 30 days

I don't think aihfl meant any disrespect.

It's just that we've done some serious struggling. And I personally still am.

Believe me, we understand and wish you nothing but the best. Good job on your decision to make a positive change. ?