Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

question on the legality of subutex in russia

user name1

Bluelighter
hi all!
not sure if im posting this in the right forum but i guess european covers (at least partly) russia.

next monday i'm flying to sochi and gonna need my subutex pills with me.
my question is - is it safe to travel to russia with prescribed narcotics?
also i need my klonopin and really could use some information.
heard some horror stories and got a tiny bit paranoid.

can anyone shed some light? do i need some kind of documents?
can i somehow make it legally OK to possess those prescribed drugs -
or do i need to shove it where the sun don't shine?

thanks in advance for any information.

best to all my BL friends :),
jona

The Communists in Russia always saw addiction as purely a problem of the bourgeoisie, so they never implemented an opiate replacement therapy programme -- preferring instead to let the rich suffer and stand as a warning to everyone else; and little improved with the fall of Communism, since the rich oligarchs could easily afford private care, including medicines not available from the State system.

So you'll probably be on your own. Subutex might even be banned; an unopened pack and a doctor's note might not be enough. The Usual Advice still applies: Check local laws on the Internet before travelling.

Don't be tempted to bribe your way out of it, either -- you are more likely to make things worse than better. If you offer too much, you'll show yourself to be a mug; but if you don't offer enough, and they're in a bad mood, you'll have added to your charge sheet. The practice of keeping laying down another banknote until the scowl becomes a smile only works in the movies. And don't forget, cops aren't even the main threat to your stash -- the local Krokodil-heads might take a bit of an interest in a Western tourist with some "proper" drugs. Be careful, and try to come home with a full set of kidneys.

Thanks for your input!

I think i'll go without and bear with it somehow,
better sick and tired than dead and\or kidneyless in Russia :)
3 nights and 4 days. i'll probably survive it...

much obliged,
jona

I have decided to go without subutex,
maybe i will try to buy some brown if possible,
if not there's always vodka and beer to take my mind of "things".