clubcard

Bluelighter
Hi,
I'm looking for data concerning:

Ethchlorvynol (+it's carbamate ester)
Ethinamate
Hexapropymate
Methylpentynol (+it's carbamate ester)
Tert-Amyl alcohol (+it's carbamate ester)

I know ethchlorvynol binds at the picrotoxin/benzodiazepine site but I cannot find affinity data for the others. This data is not so I can brew up some 'super alcohol' but rather to decide if we should apply for a licence for 1B trials for 5-(2-chlorophenyl)-7-ethynyl-1-methyl-1,3-dihydro-2H-1,4-benzodiazepine-2-thione. I can assure you that unless you knew, you would NEVER guess that it's a benzo. I suspect that the terminal alkyne, being acidic, is binding (if only for transition) to the cations of NaCl, KCl & CaCl2 thus increasing the number of Cl- ions available to pass through the -Cl gate.

But I could well be wrong!

Cheers,
CC

AFAIK the picrotoxin site is the barbiturate binding site, not the BZD sensitive sites. From what I've heard of ethchlorvynol although I have never taken it myself, ethchlorvynol doesn't behave much like a BZD either, being one of the oldschool wall-bangers, like barbs, glutethimide and, !vitamin B1 be praised! chlormethiazole/bromethiazole)

Would love to try an ethchlorvynol synthesis some time.
Carbamates bind the barbiturate binding site also AFAIK. Not sure about the likes of 2M2B and methylpentynol