Bluelight

Thread: Psychosis

1. Collapse Details
    Psychosis 
    Hello I last done MDMA 5 years ago and continued to smoke weed until 2 years ago then quit that because it sent me psychotic. Well I blame the weed but im unsure. I had other problems in my life like an abusive relationship. It lasted about 1 month. For the past 2 years Ive been completely free from all drugs. My symptoms havent got any better since I last done MDMA 5 years ago. Dp/dr, low sex drive, lack of feelings, ocd and anxiety. While I was smoking weed it took away most of the symptoms. But I also ended up going psychotic so its scared me off and am worried about getting back in that situation. I hoped not smoking for a couple years would of made me feel a bit better but I still feel exactly the same as I have for the past 5 years. Ive been eating very good food and exercising. What are your thoughts on smoking weed again? I was smoking a lot probably 7 grams per day. I would really appreciate any replies. Thank you

2. Collapse Details

Basic Drug Discussion
    It sounds like you've been through a lot of trauma, i also stopped smoking because it was causing me psychosis. I smoked for 3 years and it took me about that long to recover, and even then it wasn't a full recovery.

Now i can smoke with minimal problems but i still don't like it because i know i might be right on the edge of going into psychosis again. Maybe give yourself a little more time.

3. Collapse Details

Hello mate what were your symptoms while you were recovering and do you enjoy smoking now do you feel like it benefits your life? Also how much do you smoke per day
    Thank you

4. Collapse Details

Basic Drug Discussion
    My symptoms were severe paranoia, feeling like everyone was plotting against me or talking about me. I knew it wasn't true and it was just from the weed but i couldn't shake the feeling. Also a strong sense of dysphoria most of the time.

I smoke about once every 4 months now, i usually just take a small hit and be done with it. It never used to make me giggly and euphoric but it does a little bit now, that's not to say i still don't have to fight off the paranoia, because paranoia is still very much a theme to my highs.

I treat weed like a psychedelic now, only using it rarely and showing it the utmost respect when used. So far it's worked pretty well but i'm never going back to smoking everyday.

5. Collapse Details

I have seen a mate in Psychosis a few times as he always turns up at mine at his worst and for some reason he is always sweating buckets, eyes popping out really anxious its not fun and the beliefs are solid in his mind he believes all the things he says.

6. Collapse Details

Senior Moderator
    Basic Drug Discussion
    Brain, have you discussed your situation with a doctor or therapist? It may or may not be related to the cannabis or MDMA usage. They may want to run tests on you to find if it's organic. In the meantime, I would be hesitant to suggest taking any recreational drugs if psychosis is a possibility. I'm moving to mental health but wish you luck!

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by T. Calderone View Post
    Brain, have you discussed your situation with a doctor or therapist? It may or may not be related to the cannabis or MDMA usage. They may want to run tests on you to find if it's organic. In the meantime, I would be hesitant to suggest taking any recreational drugs if psychosis is a possibility. I'm moving to mental health but wish you luck!
    Thank you. I have an appointment with a psychologist in a few days