• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Mental Health Psychosis

Brainfucked

Bluelighter
Hello I last done MDMA 5 years ago and continued to smoke weed until 2 years ago then quit that because it sent me psychotic. Well I blame the weed but im unsure. I had other problems in my life like an abusive relationship. It lasted about 1 month. For the past 2 years Ive been completely free from all drugs. My symptoms havent got any better since I last done MDMA 5 years ago. Dp/dr, low sex drive, lack of feelings, ocd and anxiety. While I was smoking weed it took away most of the symptoms. But I also ended up going psychotic so its scared me off and am worried about getting back in that situation. I hoped not smoking for a couple years would of made me feel a bit better but I still feel exactly the same as I have for the past 5 years. Ive been eating very good food and exercising. What are your thoughts on smoking weed again? I was smoking a lot probably 7 grams per day. I would really appreciate any replies. Thank you

It sounds like you've been through a lot of trauma, i also stopped smoking because it was causing me psychosis. I smoked for 3 years and it took me about that long to recover, and even then it wasn't a full recovery.

Now i can smoke with minimal problems but i still don't like it because i know i might be right on the edge of going into psychosis again. Maybe give yourself a little more time.

Hello mate what were your symptoms while you were recovering and do you enjoy smoking now do you feel like it benefits your life? Also how much do you smoke per day
Thank you

My symptoms were severe paranoia, feeling like everyone was plotting against me or talking about me. I knew it wasn't true and it was just from the weed but i couldn't shake the feeling. Also a strong sense of dysphoria most of the time.

I smoke about once every 4 months now, i usually just take a small hit and be done with it. It never used to make me giggly and euphoric but it does a little bit now, that's not to say i still don't have to fight off the paranoia, because paranoia is still very much a theme to my highs.

I treat weed like a psychedelic now, only using it rarely and showing it the utmost respect when used. So far it's worked pretty well but i'm never going back to smoking everyday.

I have seen a mate in Psychosis a few times as he always turns up at mine at his worst and for some reason he is always sweating buckets, eyes popping out really anxious its not fun and the beliefs are solid in his mind he believes all the things he says.

Brain, have you discussed your situation with a doctor or therapist? It may or may not be related to the cannabis or MDMA usage. They may want to run tests on you to find if it's organic. In the meantime, I would be hesitant to suggest taking any recreational drugs if psychosis is a possibility. I'm moving to mental health but wish you luck!

Brain, have you discussed your situation with a doctor or therapist? It may or may not be related to the cannabis or MDMA usage. They may want to run tests on you to find if it's organic. In the meantime, I would be hesitant to suggest taking any recreational drugs if psychosis is a possibility. I'm moving to mental health but wish you luck!

Thank you. I have an appointment with a psychologist in a few days

Don't know if this is still open to discussion but I'd say tread carefully. I went psychotic on it years ago and have returned to it a few times and just didn't get on. Out of all the drugs I've taken, weed is the most glorious when it's working and the most destructive when it isn't. I know loads of people it's got the better of.

The most psychotic I ever got I got commited I was claiming to be a prophet of doom on the street etc.

1) See a cannabis prescribing doctor about your issues
2) Daily meditation (I fucked my brain left, right, and cardinal with molly and similar compounds, meditation is the only thing that can heal it completely in my eyes)
3) Don't start using weed but start taking tonic herbs daily

Phenibut actually made me more psychotic than that I would have to argue...

Ewwww Phenibut is horrid. I used it many years ago to come down slowly from GBL, and then use Diazepam to come down from the Phenibut. I'm clean of them all now.

Using a lot of drugs like MDMA will change your brain chemistry forever. These changes apply to everything you try to do to your body like smoke weed. Smoking weed will not be the same forever.

Since you've been sober from weed for so long your receptors are ready to go! Weed will affect you very strongly mentally but probably not going to feel very euphoric because your receptors in that area are kinda scared from your MDMA use.

I would recommend trying to "micro-dose" smoking just enough to get the maximum benifit. Let your receptors build up a tolerance slowly over a long period of time until your back up to like 1 gram a day and stay there. Use a sneak-a-toke to make sure you don't over do it and possibly start out with a lower grade weed.

I don't think you should risk an episode by using any kind of "phychedelic" drug. The risks just so far outweighs the benefit. But if you must starting very small and having a strong anti-phychotic on hand with a friend would seem prudent

How has your mental health been since you have quit smoking?

There are a lot of things that can cause mental illness like psychosis. Drugs can definitely be a sole cause, but typically when it is cannabis that sets it off there are other major causes as well. You mention a lot of other problems that you seem to connect to mdma use. I don't really think mdma use causes long term damage unless heavily abused- although with mdma there is a big potential what you took wasn't mdma at all, and you just had a bad trip basically. Seems like things started to go downhill from there, not entirely drug related, and your way of coping was smoking pot... which doesn't really do anything to change our situation just maybe how we feel.

TL:DR, honestly, doesn't really seem like the risk. I've had psychotic episodes and they are not fun and take quite a while to full recover from... not really worth a few hours of getting stoned and watching cartoons or whatever you do.