Bluelight

Thread: Fuck this world.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 34 of 34
  1. Collapse Details
     
    #26
    Bluelighter Painful One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Closer to God
    Posts
    639
    Why don't the people on Lyrica and Effexor, Xanax etc. drugs WORSE than opiates get treated like we do?
    Why are they not considered huge drug addicts?
    Because the pharmaceutical companies are making huge money off this poison!
    There are people who never recover from the withdrawal of some of these medications!
    One person right on this very forum says they are still hallucinating two years later after being off Lyrica and takes no other drugs!

    I was not a person who ever even smoked more than a few joints of weed in my younger days. I don't want to be on any medication but there is no choice with actual pain! I understand grief and emotional pain very well but this is different!

    Trev26 has shown that even with having access to street drugs, he has not upped his tolerance because why? He just needs it to cover the physical pain! He is not truly an addict! Just as I have managed to be on the same dosage of morphine for ten years!
    We are not looking for a high or to escape reality from emotional turmoil. Our lives have been shredded by physical pain and the resulting disability!
    Reply With Quote
     

  2. Collapse Details
     
    #27
    Senior Moderator
    Recovery Support
    Drug Studies
    herbavore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    in a dream
    Posts
    14,654
    Quote Originally Posted by Painful One View Post
    Why don't you guys go have a look at people who are having "lyrica withdrawal" - saying it is worse than opiate, benzodiazepine, and alcohol withdrawal put together! Look at the people talking about Cymbalta withdrawal and Effexor withdrawal. Holy shit!
    And you want us to take these things instead of something like morphine that is made for PHYSICAL pain and is natural, does not harm the body and numbs the physical pain so we don't have all these other psychiatric symptoms due to suffering our asses off?

    No thanks. Glad they worked for you but I recognize what this person Trev26 is going through! I recognize what his words are saying. He caught my attention with his very first post here long ago!
    No Trev don't take some LSD for fuck sakes people!
    He is already fucked right now from anti depressants!
    I don't know if it was my post that you are referring to Painful One but if so, my advice was NOT to take LSD. Just to set the record straight in case there was confusion. I probably made it confusing by saying in general I support the use of entheogens in therapeutic settings so apologies for that.

    I agree with you 100% about the stigma associated with physical pain meds and the wanton prescription of psychiatric drugs. Particularly for young people these drugs can cause far more harm than help.
    Reply With Quote
     

  3. Collapse Details
     
    #28
    Bluelighter Painful One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Closer to God
    Posts
    639
    No, not your post I was referring to sweet herbavore.
    The post(s) above yours and I was just venting. Sorry.

    So sorry to hear you are going through so much grief and everything. My sincere condolences.
    * Hugs you
    Reply With Quote
     

  4. Collapse Details
     
    #29
    Senior Moderator
    Recovery Support
    Drug Studies
    herbavore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    in a dream
    Posts
    14,654
    Thanks back and no need to apologise.

    @Trev--how are you doing today?
    Reply With Quote
     

  5. Collapse Details
     
    #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Painful One View Post
    Why don't you guys go have a look at people who are having "lyrica withdrawal" - saying it is worse than opiate, benzodiazepine, and alcohol withdrawal put together! Look at the people talking about Cymbalta withdrawal and Effexor withdrawal. Holy shit!
    And you want us to take these things instead of something like morphine that is made for PHYSICAL pain and is natural, does not harm the body and numbs the physical pain so we don't have all these other psychiatric symptoms due to suffering our asses off?

    No thanks. Glad they worked for you but I recognize what this person Trev26 is going through! I recognize what his words are saying. He caught my attention with his very first post here long ago!
    No Trev don't take some LSD for fuck sakes people!
    He is already fucked right now from anti depressants!
    Yeah, I was mulling it over and think taking taking lsd cant possibly be a good idea lol. I was however considering picking up some ecstasy or mdma because I hear they are making advancements on it treating PTSD or anxiety or something. I have done it a couple times over the years, but they were all festivals and stuff.

    As for the antidepressants, I am trying to taper off cymbalta at the moment, I think somebody asked which one I was taking but I forgot to respond. It is literally the worst drugs I have ever taken. It blows my mind that they willingly prescribe them. I cant even explain how horrible I feel while tapering off. People who have never taken these drugs truly are oblivious to how bad they make you feel. I tell people when they ask how do you feel. And always say you go take them for 3 months and try to stop.

    I'm writing this on my phone and it has taken me so long to write this because my brain is on fire. I'm scared that I will never feel normal again aside from the horrific pain. People who say opioids are worse for pain make me laugh because there is no other alternative they suggest. Maybe yoga I guess but you cant honestly believe yoga helps the excruciating pain enough not to take a pill. Or they say try to exercise but I cant fucking move so how the hell am I supposed to exercise??

    Thanks to all the other chronic pain patients who understand what I'm going through. Do I want to take opioids for the rest of my life? Of course not, but are they the only thing that gives me some quality of life? ABSOLUTELY
    Reply With Quote
     

  6. Collapse Details
     
    #31
    Bluelighter
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    who
    Posts
    2,734
    Quote Originally Posted by Trev26 View Post
    Yeah, I was mulling it over and think taking taking lsd cant possibly be a good idea lol. I was however considering picking up some ecstasy or mdma because I hear they are making advancements on it treating PTSD or anxiety or something. I have done it a couple times over the years, but they were all festivals and stuff.

    As for the antidepressants, I am trying to taper off cymbalta at the moment, I think somebody asked which one I was taking but I forgot to respond. It is literally the worst drugs I have ever taken. It blows my mind that they willingly prescribe them. I cant even explain how horrible I feel while tapering off. People who have never taken these drugs truly are oblivious to how bad they make you feel. I tell people when they ask how do you feel. And always say you go take them for 3 months and try to stop.

    I'm writing this on my phone and it has taken me so long to write this because my brain is on fire. I'm scared that I will never feel normal again aside from the horrific pain. People who say opioids are worse for pain make me laugh because there is no other alternative they suggest. Maybe yoga I guess but you cant honestly believe yoga helps the excruciating pain enough not to take a pill. Or they say try to exercise but I cant fucking move so how the hell am I supposed to exercise??

    Thanks to all the other chronic pain patients who understand what I'm going through. Do I want to take opioids for the rest of my life? Of course not, but are they the only thing that gives me some quality of life? ABSOLUTELY
    Just want to start off by saying that mdma and antidepressants is a dangerous combo and highly recommended against. MDMA in general is overhyped IMHO. The "advancements" are probably just referring to new studies. The drug is still the same so the interaction you will have will be the same. People have been saying the same type of stuff about mdma, lsd, psilocybin, ketamine, and so one for decades. I always hear about a new study coming out but rarely hear about the results of said studies. Always "new studies" with words like "suggest" and "possibly" and other carefully chosen words. Even if the study was conclusive, that doesn't mean the study was trustworthy or of any quality. Based on what we know about MDMA, you will have a period of elation(stimulation) followed by a much longer period of depression(lack of stimulation).

    How this is theorized to help someone overcome anxiety or ptsd is beyond me. To me, it seems uncomfortably similar to the mindset of taking a drug to fix a problem. Antidepressants used in conjunction with a holistic and humanistic approach may help, but used on it's own I do not believe it will help. Most drugs are similar but doctors and other professionals are trained to hand them out when a problem becomes too difficult. For example, someone has high cholesterol. The obvious solution is to change once's diet and habits. However, this is simple solution in theory is often extremely difficult in practice and patients are likely going to be resistant to things like "stop eating red meat, stop drinking alcohol, exercise every day". Much easier to just take a pill for cholesterol and continue on with the bad habits. Likely, the doctor prescribed the pill ALONG side changes in behavior(holistic approach). I find this example parallels most prescriptions.

    And as hard as it may be to believe, many agree that opioids make chronic pain worse by reducing your pain tolerance over time. I'm not an expert in this area but have heard a number of doctors who do specialize in this area make the same claims that long term use of opioids can make chronic pain worse. And the idea behind yoga and other exercises is that by strengthening and stretching you can reduce the stress/strain/inflammation causing the chronic pain. This concept is the basic concept behind physical therapy. It will be extremely painful and difficult, but the idea is similar to that of body builders- pay with pain now for gain/reward later.

    Check out this video of a disable veteran that uses yoga and exercise to gain the ability to walk again. I personally was a big time doubter as well until seeing things like this. The change that takes place is amazing and is not an isolated event. Often times there are a combination of factors that make everything worse and create a vicious cycle. Like poor mood being "treated" with poor diet and lack of exercise which leads to inflammation and pain, which leads to worse mood and even less motivation


    Also, stuntman Phil Smage(@smagical on Instagram) posts daily updates of his recovery journey after breaking his neck. He was initially a paraplegic, told by doctors he would never walk or ride a dirtbike again. It's been less than 6 months and he is walking. Everyday is painful for him though, and if you watch his journey you can see it's far from easy. The progress he has made is nothing short of inspiring though. Makes me question how much progress I've put off because it was too painful.

    There is also another "mental" aspect to pain. People can actually experience physical pain as the result of mental pain/stress. This is called "somatization", where a person might feel their depression through physical manifestations like back pain. It's very real and is not something that is "just all inside your head". The mind is very powerful and can produce real physical changes(i.e. stress response to perceived stress).
    Reply With Quote
     

  7. Collapse Details
     
    #32
    Bluelighter
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    who
    Posts
    2,734


    here's the original video if you don't want the narrative
    Reply With Quote
     

  8. Collapse Details
     
    #33
    Bluelighter Painful One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Closer to God
    Posts
    639
    ^^^ Thank you Mafioso!

    This is true. I have been putting myself through the exercise for a almost two years now and it helps a lot.
    I rely on my dance (ballet, tap, jazz) background to help me to keep moving and improve movement.
    I'm now just getting to the point where I don't have to whimper through it. I was at the point where I could not move also.

    I was able to heal some internal injuries through meditation too.

    I would not have been able to do either one of those things without the 75 mg MS Contin daily. That is not a high dosage though.
    I have been able to keep the same dosage for ten years now. I think the reason I started needing/ using a few extra pain pills each month is because of the extra pain the exercise caused. I am getting to a point where the pain is going down on some days though.
    I have large spikes back into severe pain but I am having times of getting down to a 4 on the pain scale and feel like myself again!

    Diet is also so important. I lov healthy foods and always have so eating healthy is natural for me. Even if you don't like eating healthy, you will when you get used to it and will get sick at the very thought of junk food.

    I hope you are doing alright today Trev26! Get through those anti depressant horror taper off and withdrawal. It will go away.
    It just takes some time. I would keep taking your Roxi's and stay stable on those for pain control. Then before the surgery, talk to them about needing to be on a pain management dosage. A therapeutic dosage is extremely helpful. You need to be able to move in order to even start exercising. Bath soaks, hot shower steams really loosen things up and relieve pain also. Epsom salt bath soaks are wonderful! Aromatherapy helps me a lot too. Pamper yourself through this.

    Sending you lots of love and support!
    Reply With Quote
     

  9. Collapse Details
     
    #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Painful One View Post
    ^^^ Thank you Mafioso!

    This is true. I have been putting myself through the exercise for a almost two years now and it helps a lot.
    I rely on my dance (ballet, tap, jazz) background to help me to keep moving and improve movement.
    I'm now just getting to the point where I don't have to whimper through it. I was at the point where I could not move also.

    I was able to heal some internal injuries through meditation too.

    I would not have been able to do either one of those things without the 75 mg MS Contin daily. That is not a high dosage though.
    I have been able to keep the same dosage for ten years now. I think the reason I started needing/ using a few extra pain pills each month is because of the extra pain the exercise caused. I am getting to a point where the pain is going down on some days though.
    I have large spikes back into severe pain but I am having times of getting down to a 4 on the pain scale and feel like myself again!

    Diet is also so important. I lov healthy foods and always have so eating healthy is natural for me. Even if you don't like eating healthy, you will when you get used to it and will get sick at the very thought of junk food.

    I hope you are doing alright today Trev26! Get through those anti depressant horror taper off and withdrawal. It will go away.
    It just takes some time. I would keep taking your Roxi's and stay stable on those for pain control. Then before the surgery, talk to them about needing to be on a pain management dosage. A therapeutic dosage is extremely helpful. You need to be able to move in order to even start exercising. Bath soaks, hot shower steams really loosen things up and relieve pain also. Epsom salt bath soaks are wonderful! Aromatherapy helps me a lot too. Pamper yourself through this.

    Sending you lots of love and support!
    Im not disagreeing with you as far as exercise improving pain, but at the current moment i am unable to move without some sort of pain medication. the roxies help for now, but I'm also trying not to increase the dose because i don't want to break one habit and have to deal with another. Ive been doing PT up until my surgery but after every session, i am in twice the pain when i get home so thats when the pain meds come in handy

    I picked up some ms contins awhile ago from my dealer and they didn't really do it for me. So far the roxy is the best pain meds that control my pain. I still plan to address the pain advocates thing when the opportunity presents itself, and ill let the professionals decide what medicine is most suitable for my pain. The ultimate goal of course would to not be on any medication in hopes the surgery helps me get back to a semi pain free life.

    Im not going to lie, my diet isn't the greatest, but i blame that on the marijuana lol. It is hard to eat healthy when you have the munchies. I just eat junk food, but i rarely touch sweets or deserts.

    Im currently going on day 4 of NO antidepressants at all, but it has been very rough. I started tapering about 2 weeks ago and then i finally said fuck it, I'm just going to get this over with and go cold turkey. It has been extremely tough with some withdrawals including insomnia, waking up covered in sweat, throwing up like 4 times a day from the constant nausea, and not to mention the mental agony day in and day out. This has been some of the hardest withdrawals I've had to deal with it, and i went through benzo withdrawals in 2016 which ended in 4 seizures.

    Ive been taking my valium for the last week on a daily basis which has really helped a lot. The only good thing about this ordeal is if I'm able to get past the antidepressants bs, than hopefully my pain will be way more manageable but thats a big IF...

    anyways, i appreciate you guys helping me get through this and i will keep you all updated about my progress.

    PS, mafioso- i will get around to watching the video as it looks very inspiring at some point, and you made some good points about the mind altering drugs so i think ill stay away from those for awhile as well.

    Thanks for all your advise and positive thoughts guys! Have a good day everyone.
    Reply With Quote
     

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •