• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Fuck this world.

Hey everyone! Thanks for the support. I'm sorry for ignoring this thread, but let's just say I had enough of this cruel world. I'll be 6 weeks post-op this Thursday, and am still in terrible pain. My surgeon told me the hospitals policy (kaiser) is that he can only give me 3 prescriptions before I would have to get my meds from a PM doctor. I had an amazing spine team and the operation went fine, but my doc was telling me how sorry he was and that I'm clearly not an addict abusing my meds, and that I clearly need them, but he said our pos govt is really making it impossible for doctors to treat their patients. I'm seeing a different Pm doctor this Thursday who will hopefully help me out.

Long story short, I was so miserable and in unbearable pain with nothing to take that I went out and bought a pistol 9mm. I loaded the magazine, took off the safety, pointed it out my head, and pulled the trigger. For that millisecond I heard the hammer drop it was the most peaceful feeling in the world. Unfortunately, the gun jammed multiple times, and after my third attempt my brother found me and took the gun away. He called 911 and they took me to a psychiatric hospital where I was admitted for a 72 hour lock down.

Of course at the hospital, they highly recommended I take some antidepressants to which I told them to go fuck themselves. I tried to explain to them that I'm only depressed because I'm in such excruciating pain and no one helps me out, but of course, they don't understand. I'm alive but I'm simply not living, just existing. If this doctor doesnt help me out on Thursday than I will most definitely try to end it again. What's the point of life if there's no quality to it? My surgeon validates my pain but every doctor is to scared to prescribe.

I will keep you guys updated, and again, I apologize for going MIA. At least people on this forum actually pretend to give a shit, unlike other doctors and health care providers. My last PM doc told me straight up to my face that my quality of life wasnt worth risking his job.

Hey Trev,

It is SO good to hear from you! Thank you for letting us know how the surgery went and how things are going.
Many people really do care for you here! You have crossed my mind often. My thoughts were with you on the day of your surgery the entire time. I'm so relieved to hear the surgery went well and that you had an amazing spine team.
I had them apologize to me also. It helped a little to at least have them acknowledge they had tortured you and treated you wrongly.

Six weeks post op huh? I am hoping and praying that progress and healing will continue to take place and that your quality of life will be improved. I know that had to be a rough surgery.

Like Ash said above- keep advocating for yourself! You have a right as a human being to satisfactory pain relief! We don't leave living beings in this kind of suffering! You tell them that!!

Keep the medication as low as you possibly can though. You need to leave yourself room for future problems that could arise.

Let us know how things go and how the progress is coming along. I would like to know just how much surgery helped.

Sending you love and support.
P.O

Hey guys, I just wanted to personally thank all of you for the support and endless compassion.

Unfortunately, my long time fight with this terrible chronic pain is going to win soon. I am literally out of options at this point. As you all know, I saw a different PM doc yesterday and he said he would absolutely not prescribe any type of opioids for me, but he would be more than happy to write me some scripts of antidepressants... no surprise there. I told him I have had this pain for too long and if you don't give me the meds that allow me to function I will just kill myself, to which he said okay. No joke. He said if any doctor gives me opiods then they are an unethical doctor and should be arrested.

My drug dealer has been MIA for the last couple weeks and I refuse to just sit here and rot away and suffer.

I was thinking about my last option possibly going to a methadone clinic, even though I'm not on H or addicted. I've read methadone is great for chronic pain, however I don't know how these clinics work. Do I have to go there and say yeah I'm an addict, I love opioids or whatever or can I just go and say I have chronic pain.

If any of you have experience with methadone clinics for chronic pain then please let me know. Again thank you all for your support through this difficult part in my life

I

Oh Trev! That is so horrible to hear. That has me in tears.

I think your plan is a good one. I was going to do the same thing if I was not able to get help for the chronic pain.
The addicts are having no problem getting what they need so yeah just tell them you are a huge drug addict and need suboxone or methadone. I have no idea how that works so I can't advise you on that but have a look around this site and see what you can learn.
Post up a thread in the "other drugs" forum and see what others say.

You could always show up at the hospital that did your surgery (so they can see your actual medical records) and just tell them I am in constant pain and I cannot get help so I'm claiming drug addict status and need maintenance treatment!

Just don't try and suicide yourself bro. You could end up hurt worse!

❤️

We all been there from your writing I can tell that you are about 19-27yrs max, no judging. Age tells experience, experience tells life and life tells lessons. These hospitals I fucked them turn up too, I have restriction in most of them & because these doctors wouldn't give me my meds I stoled them, I've been to jail for normal reasons but fuck me.. send me there few months for some meds? at least a fuckin fine fuck it, you don't wanna do that. There are some doctors which can be friendly in some measures, some will require a recipient for this shit and that's why you need to get along with him so he will give your opioids without any other complications

Isn't that hard but it takes time, my advice it's to keep onto your dealer or try another or if you have some friends left at least 1 and he's a junkie bam there it's. This in the case that you don't want to go on streets and ask

EDIT > We all have problems big & little tales but we try to move forward and don't look back, you need some motivation? Clean your room and after that will start from itself

Last edited:
The treatment you're getting is SHAMEFUL. I had so hoped your new pm would be compassionate and fair.

Each and EVERY pain patient has the right to pain control. Period. Point blank.

Are there no patient advocates or family members that can go with you to a different pm and vouch and stand up for you trev?

If that doesn't work, I think you should write a letter to the doctor's governing body where you are. Tell them you are being denied pain control, list the dr's names. They have a duty to help you.

Then if that doesn't fly, you go and sign up for methadone treatment. We love you here and will help you in any way we can.

From one chronic pain patient to another, I understand, and am here for you anytime

Hang tough brother, feel free to pm me.

Love, your friend,
Ash.

Hey guys, I just wanted to personally thank all of you for the support and endless compassion.

Unfortunately, my long time fight with this terrible chronic pain is going to win soon. I am literally out of options at this point. As you all know, I saw a different PM doc yesterday and he said he would absolutely not prescribe any type of opioids for me, but he would be more than happy to write me some scripts of antidepressants... no surprise there. I told him I have had this pain for too long and if you don't give me the meds that allow me to function I will just kill myself, to which he said okay. No joke. He said if any doctor gives me opiods then they are an unethical doctor and should be arrested.

My drug dealer has been MIA for the last couple weeks and I refuse to just sit here and rot away and suffer.

I was thinking about my last option possibly going to a methadone clinic, even though I'm not on H or addicted. I've read methadone is great for chronic pain, however I don't know how these clinics work. Do I have to go there and say yeah I'm an addict, I love opioids or whatever or can I just go and say I have chronic pain.

If any of you have experience with methadone clinics for chronic pain then please let me know. Again thank you all for your support through this difficult part in my life

I

Last edited:

I

--------->>>> Trev26...

Methadone clinic?

DO IT BRO!!!

I'm an experienced methadone clinic patient here lol...I've been going to a methadone clinic for 3 years. I get 5 take homes a week and in February I'll have 6 take homes a week so I'll only have to go there 4 times a month.

Damn... it sounds like you and I have a lot in common my dude... My birthday is in January too... January 4th to be exact. We both have panic attacks. We both have chronic pain.

I'm in pain everyday of my life from rheumatoid arthritis and ankylosing spondylitis. I had a total knee replacement at age 26... That's VERY young for a TKR. Methadone works wonders for pain OMG. I used to go on and on about my pain everyday and the other day my mom said "you never talk about your pain anymore." I didn't even realize it. That's how well methadone works for pain... It's amazing.

When you sign up make sure that you have opioids or opiates in your system at the time of your drug test. If you have none in your system they won't let you on methadone. You don't have to be on H... People at my methadone clinic come in addicted to oxy, morphine, opanas, methadone, fentanyl, and some are even addicted to hydros (hydros are a bit weak for a methadone clinic IMO but whatever). Just DON'T mention you're there for chronic pain... only drug addiction. They frown on using methadone for only chronic pain at a clinic. It's okay to be a drug addict and have chronic pain but don't mention your there for just chronic pain... Matter of fact don't mention your chronic pain until you've been established into the clinic for a while... Say 6 to 8 months.

Please hurry and sign up because if you don't hurry you'll just be in pain longer wishing you should have signed up sooner... Trust me. When you do go into the clinic tell them that you buy 20 oxy 30's a day or a lot of any strong opioids off the streets (use your head on this one). It doesn't matter if you take a hundred 30's a day or you shoot 3g of H a day you're still going to be starting off at 30 mg of methadone no matter what... It's the law in California.. It might even be federal law. Make sure you don't go higher then 80 or 90 mgs because the higher mg you go up the harder it is to get off and the hellish withdrawals that come with it. Medi-Cal in California will pay for your Methadone if your unemployed and meet financial criteria (meaning your broke lol). I live in Northern California and Medi-Cal pays for mine... Free of charge because I'm on social security disability. Go to the methadone clinic brotha... Good idea!

If you have any questions hit me up or PM me. I know everything about methadone so any questions you have let me know?

Usually I would not encourage a person to use methadone unless they a decent size drug addiction but in your case I really think you need it for your pain. Don't even entertain the idea of Suboxone... Subs really suck for pain relief. During this opioid crisis doctors aren't giving out shit to legitimate pain patients. By the way congress is trying to get rid of kratom so it's probably not a good time to get addicted to it.

Anyway... Real talk my dude I love you brotha! Please don't kill yourself cuz this world would not be the same without you in it. Good luck bro! Please let us know what happened.

Last edited:
--------->>>> Trev26...

Methadone clinic?

DO IT BRO!!!

I'm an experienced methadone clinic patient here lol...I've been going to a methadone clinic for 3 years. I get 5 take homes a week and in February I'll have 6 take homes a week so I'll only have to go there 4 times a month.

Damn... it sounds like you and I have a lot in common my dude... My birthday is in January too... January 4th to be exact. We both have panic attacks. We both have chronic pain.

I'm in pain everyday of my life from rheumatoid arthritis and ankylosing spondylitis. I had a total knee replacement at age 26... That's VERY young for a TKR. Methadone works wonders for pain OMG. I used to go on and on about my pain everyday and the other day my mom said "you never talk about your pain anymore." I didn't even realize it. That's how well methadone works for pain... It's amazing.

When you sign up make sure that you have opioids or opiates in your system at the time of your drug test. If you have none in your system they won't let you on methadone. You don't have to be on H... People at my methadone clinic come in addicted to oxy, morphine, opanas, methadone, fentanyl, and some are even addicted to hydros (hydros are a bit weak for a methadone clinic IMO but whatever). Just DON'T mention you're there for chronic pain... only drug addiction. They frown on using methadone for only chronic pain at a clinic. It's okay to be a drug addict and have chronic pain but don't mention your there for just chronic pain... Matter of fact don't mention your chronic pain until you've been established into the clinic for a while... Say 6 to 8 months.

Please hurry and sign up because if you don't hurry you'll just be in pain longer wishing you should have signed up sooner... Trust me. When you do go into the clinic tell them that you buy 20 oxy 30's a day or a lot of any strong opioids off the streets (use your head on this one). It doesn't matter if you take a hundred 30's a day or you shoot 3g of H a day you're still going to be starting off at 30 mg of methadone no matter what... It's the law in California.. It might even be federal law. Make sure you don't go higher then 80 or 90 mgs because the higher mg you go up the harder it is to get off and the hellish withdrawals that come with it. Medi-Cal in California will pay for your Methadone if your unemployed and meet financial criteria (meaning your broke lol). I live in Northern California and Medi-Cal pays for mine... Free of charge because I'm on social security disability. Go to the methadone clinic brotha... Good idea!

If you have any questions hit me up or PM me. I know everything about methadone so any questions you have let me know?

Usually I would not encourage a person to use methadone unless they a decent size drug addiction but in your case I really think you need it for your pain. Don't even entertain the idea of Suboxone... Subs really suck for pain relief. During this opioid crisis doctors aren't giving out shit to legitimate pain patients. By the way congress is trying to get rid of kratom so it's probably not a good time to get addicted to it.

Anyway... Real talk my dude I love you brotha! Please don't kill yourself cuz this world would not be the same without you in it. Good luck bro! Please let us know what happened.

Yo dude, I really appreciate you taking the time to respond. I was waiting for someone with experience with methadone clinics because I didnt know if I should just go in there and say I'm just here for pain relief, or if you have to be an addict.

It does sound like we are long lost brothers. I'll be 26 Jan 26th, and my mom in a teacher so I've had the best medical while I'm still on her insurance.

I literally don't know the first thing about methadone clinics so it's great you are so experienced with these, well good and bad. (Bad obviously because you're in pain too I guess.) Having a TKR at your age is fucked up man. I just had a 2 level spinal fusion at 25 and my surgeon was telling me it's pretty unfortunate that someone as young as me has this bad of a back.

So all I have left is like 20 tramadol, that my PM doc gave me, he said he would not write another script for me. I have a shit load of kratom, but I don't have a connect right now. Like I've asked probably 30 people and cant get any opiods at all. What do I do if I go to the clinic and only have tramadol in my system? Before my drug dealer vanished, I was getting 30 mg roxy off him, which i was self medicating for pain. Now his phones been off for like a month now. What if I go there with no opioids in my system but say I'm withdrawing bad or something?

Also if I get approved for the methadone or whatever how do I ensure they don't put me on subs? Obviously your very experienced with this and I trust your advise.

This is my last hope so if I get denied for a methadone clinic, I don't know how much longer I can put up with this shit. Not looking for sympathy or anything, just being straight up.

Thanks for everyone who has given me hope and sound advise. I will keep you all posted on this methadone adventure.

Not sure if kratom will work. I was told it won't show up in a standard 5 panel test. At my clinic when your first signing up all they want to know is if you have opioids or opiates in your body so they won't spend lots of money on in depth drug test. Now if you're already signed up to the clinic there monthly drug test is very in-depth. They test for everything.

I was getting 90 roxi 30's from a pill doctor who was under investigation. I went one day in withdrawal to get my script and the Dr. said "sorry can't give you narcotics anymore but this time I'll give you 7.5/325 percs. Next script I'll give you 5 mg percs. Then next you'll get 800mg ibuprofen." I was in serious trouble bcuz I was also buying thousands of dollars of opioids from the streets but the Dr. was my main source. At that time I was already thinking about a Methadone clinic... The Dr. dropping my prescription only made me do it sooner.

I signed up a few days later and a month after that I was kinda in your predicament because I had a drug test from the methadone clinic the next day and I had been without drugs for 3 days which never happened to me. I told a good friend of mine who also got clean using Suboxone that I have a drug test tomorrow for the methadone clinic and no drugs. He said I still have 10 oxy 5's left from a surgery you can have them. So the next day he swung by my house at 5 am before he went to work and gave me those oxy. A few hours later I went to my methadone clinic for my physical and drug test and passed all because of my homeboy.

If it's a methadone and suboxone clinic... You will have a choice in which medically assisted treatment (MAT) you want. Methadone is one of the cheapest drugs know to man... It's a lot cheaper than suboxone. Suboxone is VERY expensive. Tell them you don't want suboxone because you don't think it will work because you bought suboxone hundreds of times on the streets from your drug friends and you still craved opioids BIG TIME... Every time. It did not work for you. You want methadone.

Last edited:
I hope you read my new message above this one... I just wanted to add that getting into a methadone clinic is easy you just have to have opiates or opioids in your system. And tell them about your huge drug history. If you go in there saying you have a small addiction they're going to suggest suboxone. If you say you have a heavy addiction they usually suggest methadone.

Last edited:
This is my 3rd message in a row sorry mods... I took some extra methadone so I'm a little loaded. I keep forgetting to say certain things I wanna tell you my bad lol

I also played basketball most of my life. I was really good. Played in some tournaments to. I dreamt about going pro everyday. Then arthritis took that away from me.

Anyway don't forget to mention all the opiates and opioids you've gotten from your doctor... that is documentation that you take opioids.

My methadone counselor told me that being in a methadone clinic does not follow you around on your medical records... Shit... My newest doctor did not even know I was on methadone for 2 yrs until I told him lol...

My old Dr was a pill doctor who got in trouble. I had private investigators come to my house. They drove over 80 miles from Sacramento to where I live... The medical board of California has their own investigators who investigate bad doctors. He was found guilty and went to jail for 90 day. now he cannot prescribed opioids or opiates. He's also on probation for 5 years from the Medical Board of California. Lucky he didn't lose his license actually I'm shocked... He did some dirty shit.

Please don't put it off or you'll find excuses to delay it. Trust me when your taking your first 30mg dose you'll be glad you signed up. And most likely you'll regret not signing up sooner.
Anyway I'm just rambling now. Please let me know what happened brotha?

Last edited:
Dude seriously, thank you for all this information. You've answered all my questions I forgot to post.

I have like 20 tramadol left, then I'm out of opioids with no one I know to get them. Do you think if I go to the clinic tomorrow with tramadol in my system I would get approved.

Also, you said my PC doc won't know about this or my surgeon right?

Btw I would love to find one of those dirty doctors now a days lol. I literally am not addicted and don't get withdrawals and dont crave them at all. I just need them for pain. Weed is my DOC. I used to get 50 30mg roxy and take them daily, then Run out and not take anything for awhile and not get any withdrawals or cravings.

I'm really grateful you take the time to respond and give me the insider tips bro.

Thanks a lot man.

Dude seriously, thank you for all this information. You've answered all my questions I forgot to post.

I have like 20 tramadol left, then I'm out of opioids with no one I know to get them. Do you think if I go to the clinic tomorrow with tramadol in my system I would get approved.

Also, you said my PC doc won't know about this or my surgeon right?

Btw I would love to find one of those dirty doctors now a days lol. I literally am not addicted and don't get withdrawals and dont crave them at all. I just need them for pain. Weed is my DOC. I used to get 50 30mg roxy and take them daily, then Run out and not take anything for awhile and not get any withdrawals or cravings.

I'm really grateful you take the time to respond and give me the insider tips bro.

Thanks a lot man.

Tramadol will not show up as an opioid on a standard drug test... Shit I'm sorry. I can't say for sure that your doctor won't know. I'm only telling you my experience and what happened to me. I'm gonna PM you. I have a suggestion.

I also forgot to add that as you all know I'm just over 6 weeks post-op from a fusion surgery, and have to wear a back brace for 3-6 months. If I go into the clinic with this brace will they just kind of put the pieces together, or does that not matter? Also can the clinic get my medical records?

That's not a problem a lot of people are disabled and are addicted to narcotics. Most people who go to my clinic became addicts because of surgeries and opioid prescriptions from their doctors. that's how they got started on narcotics. Most heroin addicts in America got addicted because of prescriptions

I don't know if they can get your medical records... mine did not. but they might. I'm not sure about that one. .

I PM'd you

Hey Trev, I'm really glad the gun misfired and you didn't die! About the methadone clinic testing you: not all of them have this policy. When I lived in Florida, there were two (Broward and Dade counties) Their criteria was that a person had to be in withdrawals and they do the COWS test. Then again, they were cash-only facilities and did not accept health insurance.

Bring your medical and prescription records with you because they don't pull them in my experience. It sucks that pain management doctors are not helping you. You're not alone and I'm 55. I had a pain specialist tell me last month that she "didn't believe" in narcotic pain medication. How the heck do I respond to that? Well, I do. I'm five months out from cervical fusion and have to wait until January to start physical therapy.

Just be prepared for a waiting list. Some clinics will do blood work, urine test, physical, the first day you walk in the door but most have a small waiting list of a week or up to a month. You can call around and ask if they have a waiting list. Make sure to find a clinic close to your house just in case you have to take the bus if your car breaks down or something else happens. unfortunately that happened to me 3 times. it sucked bad having to ride the bus when my car broke down. Make sure to do everything early because it takes hours to be approved for a methadone clinic because there's blood work, TB test, drug test, federal paperwork, insurance paper work. Etc etc. Let me know how it went have a good night bro!

Just don't get discouraged. We all had to wait hours or days...but once you're in you're in bro.

Last edited:
A few years ago an addiction dr. suggested a low dose of methadone for my pain management instead of oxy. I wasn't an addict extraordinaire at that point. I denied it because of the Methadone stigma and oxy was still doing the trick back then. From the sound of it, it would have been written like any other script and picked up at the pharmacy.

Most doctors fucking suck and are all too willing to prescribe SNRI's, SSRI's that have the worst side effects and aren't effective. Took me fucking over 12 years to find a good nuero to take me seriously. Im sure you can find a good PM or addiction dr that would be open to that route. Kratom doesn't work at all? How high is your tolerance?

hi

hey i have been through similar things, if you ever need somebody to talk to, pm me, i am here

A few years ago an addiction dr. suggested a low dose of methadone for my pain management instead of oxy. I wasn't an addict extraordinaire at that point. I denied it because of the Methadone stigma and oxy was still doing the trick back then. From the sound of it, it would have been written like any other script and picked up at the pharmacy.

Most doctors fucking suck and are all too willing to prescribe SNRI's, SSRI's that have the worst side effects and aren't effective. Took me fucking over 12 years to find a good nuero to take me seriously. Im sure you can find a good PM or addiction dr that would be open to that route. Kratom doesn't work at all? How high is your tolerance?

Hey man, thanks for the reply.

I have very few options at this point. I'm so fucken pissed at my PM doctor. I get the current state on opioids, but I mean like... you're a pain management doctor. How the fuck do you not manage anyone's pain? Why do these doctors even come to work anymore.

I also hate the corruption and hypocrisy. I know it's all about money but it still makes me so angry. You think a senator, or governor has a hard time getting their pain pads? HELL NO. I dont want this thread to get political but it's just such bs.

I literally told my PM doc, and I quote.
Me- you think SSRI's and SNRI's are safer than opioids.
PM- absolutely
ME- even though 9 out of the last 10 mass murders and tragedies were on some type of medication that falls under those class of drugs?
PM- doesn't matter, there still safer.

They're are so fucking full of shit and brainwashed its ridiculous. I honestly dont know if there is still a PM doc out there that still helps out his/hers patients nowadays. I had a major surgery, multiple xrays, MRIs, and other tests, that prove my pain is legitimate. Got in a decent car accident last March that multiple doctors have agreed that made my pain worse. I told them if they want to count my pills, drug test me or do whatever, then that's fine but they dont care. They would rather you just take some antidepressants and drool all day. And by the way if you ever decide you want to stop taking it, you're going to turn into a complete fucking pyscopath with terrible withdrawal. Speaking from experience.

Last edited:
Hey man, thanks for the reply.

I have very few options at this point. I'm so fucken pissed at my PM doctor. I get the current state on opioids, but I mean like... you're a pain management doctor. How the fuck do you not manage anyone's pain? Why do these doctors even come to work anymore.

I also hate the corruption and hypocrisy. I know it's all about money but it still makes me so angry. You think a senator, or governor has a hard time getting their pain pads? HELL NO. I dont want this thread to get political but it's just such bs.

I literally told my PM doc, and I quote.
Me- you think SSRI's and SNRI's are safer than opioids.
PM- absolutely
ME- even though 9 out of the last 10 mass murders and tragedies were on some type of medication that falls under those class of drugs?
PM- doesn't matter, there still safer.

They're are so fucking full of shit and brainwashed its ridiculous. I honestly dont know if there is still a PM doc out there that still helps out his/hers patients nowadays. I had a major surgery, multiple xrays, MRIs, and other tests, that prove my pain is legitimate. Got in a decent car accident last March that multiple doctors have agreed that made my pain worse. I told them if they want to count my pills, drug test me or do whatever, then that's fine but they dont care. They would rather you just take some antidepressants and drool all day. And by the way if you ever decide you want to stop taking it, you're going to turn into a complete fucking pyscopath with terrible withdrawal. Speaking from experience.

Just reading what you typed I'm so glad I never touched the Effexor my doctor prescribed years ago for my anxiety. Then a few years after that another doctor couldn't believe that my doctor tried to give me Effexor for anxiety... she was like "that's for depression." I've heard so many horrible things about these antidepressants. I'm so glad I never started taking them. After reading about the side effects my mom said to me "I hope your not planning on taking those." Lol.

Last edited: