Is it possible to create a draft for a new thread?

RedHat

Bluelighter
I realize that you can save a draft while posting a response in a thread, but how about saving a draft of a thread you're working on?

I was just typing up a post for a new thread prior to going on a lunch break. Before leaving, I went to save it as a draft, and realized that there wasn't any "Save as draft" button. As a temporary fix, I opened my gmail and pasted the post body into a new email draft, and saved that as a draft. Hopefully copying it back over later won't lose any of the formatting rich-text.

Just a thought =D

Hey, yeah that could be useful, especially when working up a detailed new thread. Unfortunately that isn't possible with this forum software.

Like you, to ensure I don't lose my data, I frequently copypasta anything I've inputted here and save to a basic word editor and often continue working on it there.

In order to copy over the formatting though, you need to make sure you're not using WYSIWYG mode (or that you switch out of it before copypasting your work in progress) so that you can see all the hidden formatting (eg [b]Bold text[/b] [img]http://www.etc.com/image.jpg[/img] [i]Italic text[/i] etc ) and copy it over with the actual text.

In order to copy over the formatting though, you need to make sure you're not using WYSIWYG mode (or that you switch out of it before copypasting your work in progress) so that you can see all the hidden formatting (eg [b]Bold text[/b] [img]http://www.etc.com/image.jpg[/img] [i]Italic text[/i] etc ) and copy it over with the actual text.

Actually, I find that copy/pasting it to/from Gmail keeps the rich text created by the WYSIWYG editor just fine.

Holy crap.. It actually IS possible.

As you type the draft, it will auto save. You can close out and return to the page, then just click the "Restore Auto-Saved Draft" button on the bottom left of the WYSIWYG editor.

Last edited:
I would say trust auto save at your peril :D I'd still recommend saving like you do at present, just in case.

I would say trust auto save at your peril :D I'd still recommend saving like you do at present, just in case.
Oh, for sure. Always do! But the auto-save and ability to restore is still a great feature. Odd I didn't even notice it until I created this thread, lol.

Sooo... what I wanna know man, is what you're gonna to start a new thread on? =D

You've been here over 3 years now, you have a very memorable avatar, now it's time to get out there and introduce yourself to all the peeps of Bluelight :)