• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Going through withdraw.

If you're coming off opiates the two best methods are either comfort meds or rapid tapers, or a combo of both. If you don't have access to either just spend a lot of time in the bath and as much time as possible sleeping.

Luckily i go full narcoleptic when i go into the first stages of withdrawal so i can usually sleep through most of the first 1-2 days.

Last edited:
If you're coming off opiates the two best methods are either comfort meds or rapid tapers, or a combo of both. If you don't have access to either just spend a lot of time in the bath and as much time as possible sleeping.

Luckily i go full insomniac when i go into the first stages of withdrawal so i can usually sleep through most of the first 1-2 days.

Maybe ive misunderstood you, but an insomniac is someone who cannot sleep. Also, I've never heard of anyone able to sleep through opiate withdrawal without a fuckton of sedatives...

^That was a mistake in wording, i meant narcoleptic. During the first day or two of withdrawal i become severely fatigued almost to the point of passing out while standing. Whenever i go to sit down in this stage i have to actively fight to stay awake.

That being said i do have a very hard time sleeping after making it past that part, RLS kicks in hard and completely ruins any sleep after the first couple days.

Detox in a hospital for 2 weeks. Should be back to normal by then! If your an alcoholic, they detox you with Librium, a benzo. if its meth and your having an anxiety attack they can tranquilize you with Ativan. Hope your safe - The Dragon

Drink, eat, sleep, you know, the normal activities that keep you alive.

Don't do more drugs.

Also, relax. Surround yourself with loving people, read a good book, or take a hot bath.

Report back!