• NMI Moderators: Snafu in the Void

I need some weird help. :?(

Mrground

Greenlighter
I have a friend who needs help. I have a friend SWIM who is addicted to oxycodone. But also has chronic pain. No one close by who can hold his pills. Doesn?t seem to have self discipline in this part of his life. Anyone in a similar issue who has an idea what he could try? He would ask doctor but that never ends well.

First of all, welcome to Bluelight! I'm a new member too, i really don't know much about opiate addiction, but the thing that worked for me before i relapsed on benzos were taking the usual dosage and then reduce it in a fourth every 2 weeks and slightly switching to a milder benzo or ambien (works for benzos when you use them for sleeping, i doubt it'll work for him though) maybe switch it to morphine and then when he fully leaves oxy, switch morphine to methadone, and so on?

Hi Mrground.

We don't use SWIM here.

Also, if you want more replies I suggest you post this in the "Basic Drug Discussion" subforum.

Good luck with your struggles - we will help anywhere we can. All I know is you need to surround your self with people who want you to be at your best. And we can help with that.

Welcome here!

I accidentally got myself addicted to my terminally ill relative's oxycodone. I was only 15 at the time, and I realized early on that it was only gonna be harder to quit if I waited to deal with it. I weaned myself off of it with my remaining stash for 2-3 weeks, but when I ran out I crashed into withdrawal, albeit relatively light. I didn't have a good time with that, especially since I didn't tell anyone.

If I were you, I wouldn't try what I did. Go get actual help from a doctor and professionals if you're totally hooked at this point. It's hard, but it's not gonna get any easier if you wait. You're not a criminal, people will help you.

Hi Mrground, welcome to Bluelight.

Can I suggest you check out the Sober Living and The Dark Side sub forums that focus on these types of discussion? There is no judgement there, just solid advise and support.

You've got this !

Hey bud and i hope you get the help for your friend that you looking for. Maybe it would be good for him to seek professional help or go to a sub or methadone clinic as you guys have that opportunity there to do so. Anyhow all of the best